It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Fifty-Six

Ed’s POV

The alarm i had set made me jump as it started to ring out loudly. I looked over at the clock on the wall and saw that it was going off at the correct time. It was 6am and i was now wide awake. I turned to face Elena in the bed gently kissing her. As i pulled away her eyes gently flickered form the rising sun that was gently creeping through the crack in the curtain.

Once awake we got dressed before making ourselves a cup of tea each and making Alex and Amy a mug of coffee each. I soon heard Amy’s footsteps on the ceiling before her voice echoed through the house followed by a loud thud onto their bedroom floor. I guessed that she had just pushed Alex out of the bed to get him up. Before i could say anything to Elena i could hear to sets of feet running across the landing and ‘bombing’ it down the stairs.

Amy soon appeared in the kitchen grabbing a tea towel from the side as Alex followed in, slowing to a walk.

“You are so dead, your so violent in a morning.”

“Well dearest husband, you should learn to get your lazy ass out of bed when i say three times.”

Alex let out a groan as i handed him his mug of coffee, Amy sipping at hers as she put the tea-towel down. After five minutes the other three appeared in the kitchen apparently having been woken by Alex and Amy. Once all ready we pulled suitcases to the hall checking that everything within the house was off and all windows and doors were locked, Dan jogging to check the studio again to. As he returned the minibus arrived to take us to fetch Gary and then to the airport. As we got settled Alex and Amy headed for the back, me and Elena taking the other double seat leaving Dan, teddy and Ali to sit on the row of three. The rest of the minibus taken p by the suitcases.

Once we had fetched Gary we headed to the airport which didn’t take long and after 3 hours we were finally sat on our plane, it would be a four hour journey to Tenerife which luckily wasn’t to bad. Me, Elena and Gary had three seats together, Ali, teddy and Dan had the seats opposite us and in the row in front of them was Amy and alex and a spare seat it seemed. As we settled down ready for the flight me and Elena got comfortable, our camcorders both in our jacket pockets. I rested my head against hers as that annoying safety video was played, Gary turned to look at us smiling as he settled comfortably in his seat.

***********************************
Alex’s POV

During mid flight i was settled comfortably in my seat, enjoying the fact that me and Amy had our part of the row to ourselves. However Ed and Elena were armed with camera’s as i heard a slight chuckle from behind me. Just afterwards my seat was violently rocked as a hand came over my seat and messed up my hair. I put head against he seat and just gently sighed, great Dan and Ali were bored and we still had an hour and a half to endure of been forced to sit close to them.

I looked over at Amy who rolled her eyes but then winked at me before going into her bag under the seat. As she pulled it onto hr lap she nearly lost her head in it completely as she rummaged around for something. Out of the bag she pulled out the hot towels that had been given to us with our food. I smiled half getting the idea she had. She sat on the end chair that was free and looked as if she was going to head to the bathroom, after winking at ed without Dan and co seeing me and her each unwrapped the wipes.

Ali was lay with his eyes shut, teddy asleep next to them happily. Dan had his head down looking through his own bag as amy positioned herself above his head silently. I pent over the chair in perfect reach of Ali and after winking at Amy we both descended don our attack. Dan yelled as he looked up and got his straight in the face with the wipe as Ali’s shot open at the shock of a now cold and soggy flannel hit his face. The looks on their faces were priceless and it was all on film, and even Gary was laughing as if it was good payback.

As the next hour and a half of the flight continued it turned into a huge version of prank wars. At one point i ended up with yogurt sprayed across my face thanks to Ali. A kid who was sat the row in front of me and Amy who had been crying was now watching over the top of the seat laughing at my misfortune. Amy looked over at him and i swear her heart almost melted.

She leant forward saying hello to the little boy with bleach blonde hair, who was no older then 3. He spoke back and amy sat there talking to him as i watched on. He laughed even harder as Dan tried to get into the luggage compartment and Ali’s bag fell out smacking him square in the head. Watching Amy talk to the little boy made me smile. She would be a great mother in due time and i just hoped that at some point she would want to be a mother, since i would love to start a family with her.

After finally arriving in Tenerife however we endured an hour long coach trip and finally we arrived at our hotel. I smiled as we received our room keys and were transported via a sort of golf buggy to our rooms by the bell boy. As i took in the sights i saw Amy smile, her parents had bought her here one year and she had loved it. As we got to our block the group dispersed into their rooms, me and Amy in one, ed and Elena in the next. Both of which were conveniently on the ground floor. Dan and teddy were sharing the room above me and Amy and Gary and Ali were sharing the other room above Ed and Elena.

Once we had got our cases unpacked etc we each got into some cooler clothes and Amy said that we should take a walk around the hotel to familiarize ourselves. As we all set off i smiled, i couldn’t believe i was married and now on my honeymoon.

*********************************
Amy’s POV

After been to the hotel myself before i was in charge of showing everyone around the complex. It was right on the beach and from our balconies of our rooms, since even the ground floor of rooms was ramped up from the pool areas, you could watch out of the pool and the sea both at once.

As we walked around the complex i pointed out the ‘adult pool’ and we knew straight away that was the right one for us to relax around but also have a laugh without Dan and Ali maiming any small children.

As the afternoon came to a close and the sun started to set i decided to lead everyone down to the beach, which was only through a gate. I settled down on the sand, Alex sitting down beside and taking my hand, ed and Elena sitting nearby in a similar fashion.

As i listened to the gentle roll of the waves i leant my head against Alex’s chest listening to his heartbeat. As i relaxed Alex smiling and kissing my head i heard Elena call out my name.

“amy, so we have two weeks of been able to do this.”

I nodded smiling at the fact her smile grew more.

“I’m so glad you asked us all to come, this place is beautiful and just perfect.”

I watched ed lean his head forward and draw my attention away no doubt as they started to kiss. Although that was soon stopped by Dan and Ali. Ed almost instantly had his camera in his hand as i looked towards the surf to see Dan pick Ali up and run and dive into the sea. Ali’s head sticking back up after a few seconds before diving at Dan. I sat there giggling watching the two of them almost frolic like lovers in the sea. I could swear they were gay together and were just trying to play it off cool.

****************************
Ed’s POV

I really enjoyed been sat on the beach watching the sun set and Dan and Ali act as gay as possible together in the sea. Alex and Amy were sat talking and Gary and teddy were both relaxing watching the two youngest members of the group mess around. I however turned my attention to Elena.

I kissed her cheek affectionately. The two of us lay back onto the sand two of our hands entwined together.

“To think i have two weeks in the sun with my beautiful wife thanks to our best friends, it’s like a second honeymoon.”

Elena said nothing but instead gently kissing my lips and i kissed her back before continuing.

“do you think that after this holiday, you would like to get our own place?”

“I....yes....but not far form our current home.”

“would you believe me if i said i had already asked Gary to find us a place, and it turns out to be across the back fields from Alex’s place?”

“Ed...i......are you serious?”

“Would i ever lie to you?”

“No”

“Then yes i am been deadly serious, i have already bought us a three bedroom cottage.”

“Oh, Ed your just the most amazing husband ever.”

With that Elena turned hugging me tightly, my own arms wrapping around her back as she kissed me a smile like a Cheshire cats across her face.

“But first we have two weeks in the sun to enjoy, and to also avoid Ali and Dan’s pranks for.”

I smiled as i kissed her lips pulling her to her feet after noticing the other’s seemed to be ready to go get some dinner before the fun began.