It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Sixty-Three

Ed’s POV

As i stood there after what had been a terrifying few hours i hugged Elena into my body, avoiding her bloody arm as the officers checked the site was cordoned off before the friendly trip to the A&E department.

Me and Alex were given permission to travel with the girls in the car whilst the other officer hung back to take statements off everyone else before allowing them back to the venue. As i climbed into the back seat beside Elena and closed the door and Amy climbed in the other door with alex stuck with front seat i took Elena’s hand in mine.

I definatly knew that she wasn’t been let out of my sight for a few weeks now, there wasn’t any chance of me risking anything again, i loved her way to much. As the officers car pulled up to the doors and we all climbed out he stepped in demanding a doctor to treat the girls immediately after they were nearly blown up and we were very briskly seen to. It was safe to say i wouldn’t of got on the wrong of this officer either.

Wondering off to the cubicles Amy and alex were sent further along into a separate cubicle as me and Elena settled down. As Elena sat herself on the edge of the bed i took her hand in mine standing right beside her. Her arm still had blood running down it as the nurse prepared a bandage and stitches.

Her arm was been numbed and after it finally took affect Elena was given stitches before a bandage was wrapped around the top of her arm. After been asked to lie back on the bed the nurse just checked her over general for any possible fractures or brakes from hitting the floor or any other possible injury that would need treating. It seemed that there were just a couple of bruises she had gained as well as the gash on her arm.

The nurse soon handed her a few tissues and she was allowed to go. As she took my arm smiling i was dragged to stand outside the ladies toilets as Elena cleaned all the soot and dirt from her face and hands and dusted off her clothes as best as possible. I had decided that a cup of tea was the best cure for the nerves that were finally starting to subside.

I hadn’t seen alex and Amy yet and guessed that Amy was still been checked over so when Elena finally emerged form the bathroom we headed outside and stood out their getting some fresh air whilst waiting for them. The officer was still waiting for us, willing to take us back to the venue since he had his partner to pick up. As we stood there he took the opportunity to take our statements since we were still waiting for alex and amy. Elena explained the e-mail and the office asked if he could see it when we returned to the venue.

******************************************
Alex’s POV

As me and Amy were guided to another cubicle further up a corridor from ed and Elena i pulled Amy a little closer to my side. As she gently squeezed my hand i watched as we turned into the cubicle, the nurse pulling the curtain closed.

I stood leaning against the wall as amy sat onto the bed.

“Do you have any physical injuries that you have already noticed or pain you know of already?”

Amy shook her head to the nurses question and lay back as the nurse checked her over for and injuries not visible to the eye. Amy’s ribs were uninjured but i don’t think me or Amy were expecting what happened next.

As the nurse gently pressed down on Amy’s stomach with two fingers amy let out quite a loud yell of pain. The nurse jumped back apologising as amy bit her tongue. I had jumped and quickly moved forward taking Amy’s hand in mine, my free hand moving her hair off her face reassuring her.

“I would like to scan your stomach to check for any internal bleeding if that is ok?”

Amy just nodded in response and the nurse quickly toddled off.

“You alright amy? Did you hit the floor on your front when you were thrown?”

“i don’t know it all happened so quick. I will be fine though it only when pressure is applied it hurts.”

I hugged her kissing her forehead gently waiting for the nurses response. It didn’t take long mind and soon we were been led to wherever the scans took place. I don’t think Amy had realised how tight she was gripping onto my hand until i informed her as we walked up the quiet and clean corridor. She apologised but the look in her eyes was one of worry and concern for what could of caused the pain.

As we got there we were shown into a room and before long the nurse joined us again after stopping to speak to a colleague.

“Mrs Davies, i need you to lie down on the bed and to pull your shirt up to the bottom of your ribcage if that is possible.”

Amy obeyed orders and silently lay down onto the bed moving her shirt and outstretching her hand towards me. I stood forward and took it in mine as the nurse grabbed a white tube from a table.

“This gel will be cold but it will allow us to see if there’s any internal bleeding or other injures that would be the cause to your pain.”

The nurse gently placed the gel onto Amy’s stomach before disappearing behind what looked like a computer screen on a wheelie trolley. As i watched on the nurse moved the trolley closer to the bed before grabbed a small handheld device that she slowly run across Amy’s stomach. After she was finished the nurse appeared again next to the bed a look of confusion but worry on her face.

“Erm, Mr and Mrs Davies, there is some good news and some well news that I’m not sure how you will take. The good news is there is no internal bleeding or any other obvious injuries visible form the scan, yet i do know the cause of your pain.”

“Please do tell us.”

“It’s appears neither of you aware but Mrs Davies you are carrying a child.”

My eyes must of bulged out of my head at the news and i quickly sat myself on the floor until the giddiness i felt had gone from me. As i stood up again feeling more stable i looked at Amy, her face was full of thought but as she looked into my eyes a smile spread across her lips. I stepped closer hugged her shoulders and kissing her on the lips.

“I’m going to be a dad.”

“Congratulations Mr Davies. Mrs Davies you are 3 weeks gone and the pain was from the fall. The baby is unharmed though and all seems well. It will just be bruising to the womb that will of caused the pain but it should reduce over the course of a few days although a full bruise may appear on your stomach.

As Amy sat up wiping the gel form her stomach and pulling her top down i helped her to her feet again. As i did i placed a hand over her stomach, that would over the next 9 months begin to grow.

“If you are able to phone your local hospital and book in regular scans, as i understand you are on tour right now then you are all set to go home, and i wish you all the best as parents.”

The two of us walked us out the room thanking the nurse smiles on both our faces.

“I can’t believe i will be a mum, and i know you will make an amazing dad to our child to. Can we tell Ed and Elena when we get into the car and head back?”

“yeah i know just how to lead that conversation.”

I smiled knowing exactly what to say as we returned to the police car that was taking us back to the venue, kissing Amy before we got through the hospital doors. As we walked over to the three who were stood to the right of the doors out the way i saw a look of worry cross Elena and Ed’s face.

“Don’t worry all is fine, uncle Ed and Aunty Elena.”

As i finished the sentence the look of confusion that crossed Ed and Elena’s face was priceless. Heck even the officer looked rather confused as he looked from one couple to the other.

“what the hell you unabout Alex?”

“That i shall allow you to think on until we get back to the others that the venue.”

I turned smiling at Amy kissing her cheek as we carefully climbed in the back of the police car leaving Ed to sit in the front seat this time. On the journey back i watched Elena check Amy’s appearance over for a clue at least 3 times but soon gave up staring out the window.

When we got back to the venue and me and Amy had given our statements and Elena had returned with the laptop having shown the officer the e-mail, who then forwarded it to a police e-mail address, the officers vanished thanking us and informing us they would keep us up to date with the court enquiry.

I asked everyone to head inside to the dressing room, since the gig was in a couple of hours now and plus we had some news to dispatch. As everyone settled down me and Amy stood by the door looking around to check everyone was present and listening.

“me and Amy have some news for you, that we only found out what an hour ago ourselves. But we feel it is something you should all know now and not later. Amy..”

Everyone’s eyes focused onto Amy now intrigued by what i had said as i placed my arm around Amy’s waist her head resting against my shoulder.

“me and alex are ....... Going to be parents. I’m three weeks pregnant.”

As it sunk in applause erupted around the room as realisation hit Ed and Elena square on in the face. I smiled as Gary literally bounded at me hugging me tight then gently hugging Amy.

Slowly the rest of the group shared hugs with us in turn. As Dan hugged Amy i watched his eyes move to her stomach, he knelt in front of amy and gently placed his hand onto her stomach.

“hello little one, I’m uncle Dan.”

As Dan stood up hugging amy and me again i saw Amy’s smile grow bigger. Just by Dan’s reaction i knew that straight off he was going to be an amazing ‘uncle’ to my child. I also knew that everyone else would love it as much as we would.

As we got ready for the show Gary asked if i was mentioning it to the crowd. I informed him it was a possibility so that fans knew to be wary when hanging around the back of the venue. With that we all headed off ready for the show to begin.