It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Sixty-Four

Amy’s POV

Been 4 months pregnancy and finally been completely rid of morning sickness was a bliss, but the fact that my stomach had now at least doubled wasn’t to fun. I tended to waddle around the house a little more and Alex was literally knackered most the time having to do things for me.

As we settled onto the sofa the one night just about to watch a couple of DVD’s and relax the phone rang. As i answered i smiled hearing Elena’s voice through the receiver. It seemed her and Ed were coming around to visit in an hour or so, giving me and alex and hour to relax at least. As i sat resting against Alex stretched out on the sofa i watched his arm as it slowly moved from my shoulder down resting right on my bump.

I was shocked at how excited he was to been a dad, if there was one guy who gave the impression kids weren’t something he had thought about it was Alex. As his hand gently rested there i felt the baby kick against my stomach right where Alex’s hand was. Alex’s hand moved slightly as i looked up to see him smiling, he kissed the top of my head gently as i turned my attention back to the TV.

“Don’t give your mum to much grief little one, she’s carrying and feeding you. I can tell your going to be a good little drummer with the kicks you have though.”

Looking up into Alex’s eye not expecting the mini-speech i couldn’t help but let a little grin appear on my face as i pecked his cheek. We spent the next hour with the three of us curled up on the sofa before the doorbell rang, signalling that Ed and Elena had arrived.

I watched as Alex wondered over stretching and his jeans slipping slowly lower down his backside as he headed round the corner and for the front door. I heard a chorus of hello’s as Elena speedily headed into the living room sitting beside me on the sofa as Ed headed over followed by an unexpected Dan before Alex returned.

Dan had already taken up the space beside me leaving Alex to sit the other side of Dan as ed settled next to Elena.

“Jeeze Amy, you’ve grown quite a bit over the past couple of weeks.”

“Your telling me, my back is forever aching nowadays. This little one isn’t helping wit all the kicking it’s doing either.”

Elena smiled happily as Dan’s hand was literally in seconds placed on my bump. I swear the little one knew it was their uncle Dan because they instantly started kicking at where the large warm hand was settled on my stomach.

“I can’t wait to actual see how gorgeous this little one is going to be, i mean just look at the two parents, from that you will know they are going to be good looking. Although possibly a rather noisy child yet talented.”

Alex’s face had at first dropped and it wasn’t til Dan turned to see Alex’s face after i burst out laughing that he corrected what he said.

“Obviously meant your good looking in a non gay way Lex, haha don’t worry I’m not trying to hit on you.”

Alex’s face turned into a smile as he expected the talented part before responded.

“It’s not my brain, it will be May’s this one will gain, my brain’s about the size of a pea unless there’s something musical in front of me.”

“Lex, your not that dumb, your just a tad slow at times.”

I smiled as Alex pulled a face at me before conversation chimed up on a more general note. Dan started to ask if we had sorted out the baby’s room yet or whether we were going to find out it’s sex first. I informed him we would wait for the day to know the sex of the child, names had been decided for either but we weren’t sharing that til the day.

Dan, Ed and Elena then asked if they could help decorate the room, since i would only be able to oversee and they knew alex wasn’t capable on his own. I laughed and agreed that would be cool and for teddy and Ali to help to. We decided that it best for the room to be done before my parents headed up to see me, alex and child before the due date.

**********************************************
Elena’s POV

Amy was now 6 months pregnant. Me and Ed would head over and help Alex out around the house since Amy tended just sleep a fair bit more recently. I wasn’t surprised though it had to be tiring carrying the extra weight around.

Each time i saw how caring alex was towards amy and baby and how excited he was at been dad i wanted a child of mine own. Me and Ed had spoke endlessly about it and we were ready to have a child of our own, the cottage was completely decorated and looked absolutely amazing now.

We spent endless days in the sun just sat in the large garden relaxing or walking down some of the woodland trails nearby. The rest of the guys would come and visit regularly. As i settled into bed the one night i couldn’t pin-point why i felt a little ill. I presumed i had just caught something in the air and just cuddled into Ed as normal.

As i woke the next morning and sat up, Ed still fast asleep beside me i had to run for the bathroom. I threw up a couple of times and felt a fair bit better. Heading back to bed after swilling mouthwash around my mouth Ed started to stir.

“Are you ill babe?”

“I think i just caught something in the air, going to have a day in bed and see hwo i feel.”

Ed agreed and soon got up going to fetch me a drink of water and some DVD’s before settling into the bed beside me. Whenever i got ill Ed was there to look after me now, although i wasn’t surprised after all the unlucky scenarios we’d had over the years.

I felt fine throughout the whole day and wasn’t actually sick again. Well that was until the next morning. As i climbed back into bed it slowly dawned on me. I couldn’t be.... Could i?

I instantly picked up my mobile knowing full well i was going to wake Amy up but it was sort of urgent. Leaving Ed still fast asleep i headed onto the landing as Amy groggily answered the phone, i heard her mutter go back to sleep to Alex before she spoke to me.

“Amy i think I’m pregnant, I’m not sure though.”

“Morning sickness and feeling a little rough but not properly ill during the day?”

“how did you know?”

“I’m 6 months pregnant remember.”

“Oh yeah, sorry, it’s still early morning.”

“Your telling me..... I will get you a test when i go out shopping later and me and lex will op round later, i hope you are though you’ve been wanting a child a little while now.”

“Yeah, I’m actually a little excited, i will let you get to sleep though else I’m sure Alex will start whinging.”

“he already is, he’s cold apparently. See you this afternoon.”

With that Amy went and i wondered back into the bedroom settling back into bed as Ed wrapped his arms around me although he was still asleep. I just lay there looking up at the ceiling, i actually was praying i was pregnant the signs were there though. I couldn’t sleep and so imagine Ed’s reaction to the news if i was pregnant, i think seeing Alex and Amy had made him really think about starting a family himself more seriously. I started to think of different names, passing at least a couple of hours until i felt Ed start to move and wake up beside me.

He kissed my lips before asking why was wide awake so early. Well his version of early anyway. I explained everything and watched as his mind absorbed everything before kissing my lips again.

“I hope the signs are right, our own family. Gary would have a field day however, two kids he’s got to adopt as his own grandkids, he will be completely bald before he knows it.”

I laughed as we lay there talking. We got up after an hour or so and awaited for amy and alex to arrive.

As we heard the car bake outside ed got the door me standing behind him as Alex walked around to help amy out the passenger side of the car. It was cute how he was extra protective over her now and before long the three were inside the house.

Amy hugged me as we stepped into the lounge and handed me the small box.

“Go pee on your stick then, don’t keep us in suspense too long.”

I smiled as i wondered off to the bathroom. I sat in the bathroom awaiting the result when i heard a loud knock on the door.

“Elena, it told you yet, Ed’s going to burst downstairs if he doesn’t find out the answer soon.”

As Amy’s voice passed through the door the test told me the answer. I looked down and blinked several in disbelief before practically bounded tot he door. Least to say Amy was expecting the door to fly open as once it did she jumped before carefully embracing me in a hug to calm me down a little.

“I’m going to take the reaction as your pregnant?”

“yes, I’m going to be a mum and have a child with Ed. I actually can’t believe it.”

Elena hugged me again happy before i calmly walked down the stairs playing a straight face as i walked into the living room. Amy had taken the same role as i stepped into the middle of the living room standing and taking Ed’s hand as he watched me waiting for an answer.

“Your going to be a dad.”

My voice was now at a normal level as i watched A smile grow across Ed’s face. He hugged me before kissing me, Alex coming over congratulating us both. As the news sunk into my own mind i noticed Ed had pulled out his phone. He put it on loudspeaker as Gary’s voice echoed through the receiver.

“Alright Grandpa Ashley, looks like you have two grandkids of such now.”

The phone line was silent for a moment before Gary’s voice spoke back.

“C.....congratulatins Ed and you Elena. I’m glad to hear it, until they become toddlers at least. I will be round tonight if you don’t mind to congratulate in person.”

With that ed wrapped un the conversation before informing the Hetherton’s and Ali of the news to, and it was planned that tonight we would celebrate, all the boys no doubt drinking except Alex, who was on looking after Amy mode.