It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Sixty-six

Alex’s POV

Holding my son in m arm as he slept was strange at first. I could hear his mum’s gentle breathing in the bed as she rested after what had no doubt been a stressful day. My own head was still painful slightly form where i had knocked as i fainted. Guaranteed Caleb laughed he was old enough to be informed of that incident, although i could guess there would be many more until then, this was me after all.

As i steadily walked around the room automatically gently swaying Caleb i smiled, his little hand in a fist gripping part of my t-shirt as he slept. After a while i placed him in the hospital crib placing the blanket over him. I settled down into a chair by Amy’s bed as i watched her sleep.

She slept through the whole night leaving me to feed Caleb with the help of a nurse and settle him back of to sleep and change his diaper, the worst job of all but that needed doing. As the next day approached i settled into the chair again, the sun shining through the half open blinds, by now i was slightly worn out.

Amy soon woke and before long Caleb was in her arms been fed as i had a nap before the others came to visit. I was glad when we were told that amy and Caleb could come home tomorrow however. As Caleb silently lay in his mum’s arms, amy looking down at him adoringly i took a picture on my mobile setting to my background pretty much straight away. Soon i could here Dan’s happy voice echoing through the corridor.

Once he reached the door he was silent, although luckily Caleb was still awake. As the group filed in i half smiled half yawned. Elena perched on the edge of the bed and soon had Caleb in her arms.

“Lex you look knackered mate, he have you up all night?”

Ed had come around t sit by me.

“Most yeah, i let amy get some rest though she was so worn out after yesterday. It’s better to get used to it quick though.”

“I’ve still got it to come though I’m sure i will agree soon enough.”

After a conversation with Ed i looked over to see that Dan was taking Caleb off Elena.

“Whose cute, is little Caleb cute? Yes he is. Soon be in your big house little one, then uncle dandy can give you the presents he bought.”

I was pretty certain my jaw should of by now been on the linoleum floor as i watched Dan. If there was one person u never expected to take to kids so well it was Dan, he was still a big kid at heart himself. Ali was soon leaning over by Dan tickling Caleb to, i noticed that Elena had her camera with her and was snapping some pictures, obviously not using flash so not to affect Caleb’s eyes.

Caleb was soon asleep again in his crib after a couple of hours of been spoilt by everyone, although mainly Dan. Teddy settled down on the bed where i was now sat cuddled next to Amy.

“I will try and keep Dan away when you guys get home tomorrow, give you some time alone. Although you now know you have an extra pair of hands anytime your warn out.”

I laughed before allowing teddy to carry on.

“He is gorgeous though, defiantly got your eyes Lex. God don’t i sound all feminine.”

Amy was now the one laughing before everyone decided lunch was suitable now and headed off leaving the three of us alone again for an hour or so.

*************************************
Dan’s POV

I couldn’t believe i was classed as an uncle. On first seeing Caleb my heart warmed to him, he was absolutely gorgeous. Mind you, you only had to look at his mum to see where he got his looks from. After getting home i had gone out an bought some presents for Caleb ready fro when he came home tomorrow.

As i held him in my arms properly now though i was actually quite content. As i turned around seeing Alex’s face was hilarious, he looked so surprised sat how well i had taken to a baby in the group, since i was always the one wanted to get drunk. As Amy had him off me again i smiled seeing how her and alex were naturally good at parenting, alex especially since he was never one for kids.

To think i would be uncle twice was great. I was already planning how when they were toddlers i would teach them a few things, always hint at taking them out places. I knew that alex and amy really deserved this though, they had been through fair bit during their time together and this was a brilliant thing to come out of it all, ed and Elena to.

As i headed off for lunch with the others teddy pulled me to the back of the group.

“Since when were you a big fan of kids?”

“I don’t actually know, i just love him as a nephew already. Alex is such a natural dad to.”

“I know who would of thought THE Alex Davies to be a brilliant dad, especially with the way he is. I am happy for them though. You are going to give them time as a family though.”

“Of course Ted’s I’m not stupid, if they need a spare pair of hands though i will be happy to help out. He’s a lovely kid and those two deserve something good after everything.”

Teddy just nodded giving me a rough brother hug as we headed not the cafeteria, Ali suddenly perking up at the smell of the food that lingered.

************************************
Ed’s POV

After spending some time with amy and alex me and Elena headed back to the cottage Elena’s back starting to ache a little. As we got in and settled i sat behind her gently massaging her shoulders. I kissed her neck gently as i got comfortable sat behind her as she lent backwards against me.

I played with a strand of her hair as we sat talking for a little while.

“Ed, shall we get the room started tomorrow?”

“yeah sure today you shall relax though.”

I soon got up making the two of us a cup of tea before we settled onto the sofa. We both lay parallel on the sofa my hand resting just over Elena’s hip my finger tips gently running across the edge of her stomach.

As she gently slept on the sofa i kissed her neck just enjoying listening to the sound of her gentle breathing. After a couple of hours whereby i to had drifted into a light sleep Elena turned over facing me and kissing my lips tenderly.

Opening my eyes again staring into her perfect brown ones i smiled our noses practically touching. We soon climbed the stairs to our room the comfort of the mattress like heaven. I pulled Elena against my chest her own skin brushing against my torso. I always did get butterflies when we were like this. As we lay there her stomach against my side i felt the baby kick against her stomach and my hip. I smiled my hand resting on her bump as the other moved hair from her face. Before long we were sharing a string of passionate kisses, the brilliance of not been disturbed still not completely worn off.

We spent most of that night cuddle dup talking and kissing the company of each other satisfying enough like any perfect marriage should be. Before settling down for the night i kissed Elena’s forehead gently her eyes already closed although she was still awake. Cuddling myself closer to her i found it easy to fall asleep as i felt Elena pull the duvet up a little more before herself sleeping.