It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Seven

The first bit of travelling we had done wasn’t to bad. Alex had headed off for a nap after a bit and so i continued to settle on my laptop with my phone buzzing every so often. I had some old friends asking if i was on any tours and explained whose tour i was on a few saying they would pop by to a show or something to say hi if they could. Others just wished me look and told me to be careful. I received a call of my dad at one point who was intrigued by the new boyfriends news he had heard off my sister. I laughed as i heard my sister comment in the background he’s very hairy maybe he could supply some new head hair for you dad. At least i knew my sister was doing my job of annoying my father for me.

As i sat there now bored with Facebook and sat playing solitaire instead Dan came and settled next to me. I smiled at him as he wriggled in close since Elena and Ed had stretched out a little more on the sofa to. Teddy was asleep next to them and Ali had disappeared to god knows where, I was sure we would hear him soon enough. I turned to face Dan leaving my solitaire game. He placed a hand on mine which was still rested on the table as he turned to be sat sideways facing me completely.

‘I know your my best friend Amy and i trust you so much, i can talk about anything to you and it’s amazing but there’s something i have to tell you.’

‘You know I’m here for you Dan don’t worry about that what ever you want to say i will listen to and understand your views.’

‘Thanks, it’s just that well... I feel more than just friendship for you, i think I’ve actually fallen for you Amy Phillips. I know your with Alex and your happy but i thought it best if you knew how i felt about you without Alex here to make the situation more awkward than it should be.’

‘I understand how you feel Dan but yes I am happy with Dan and i love you too but as a best friend, I’m sorry to make this such a hard situation for you.’

‘Don’t worry, I will be fine.’

Dan hugged me then to show that everything was as normal between us before we got into a heated debate on what drum kit’s were best, since i could play drums a bit myself and had a fair bit of expertise within that. We sat talking for quite a while before Gary pulled the bus to the side of the venue and we all exited the bus, the boys surrounded by fans almost instantly as me and Elena headed in talking happily about our first show with the guys.

Gary followed us in showing us the dressing room where we could leave our belongings before heading back out to unload equipment with other roadies who had now appeared and got the set ready for sound check. As i worked pulling equipment about the band finally congregated in the venue watching their new tour set go up with lights and back drops. Dan helped me to assign how his drum kit went so i could do it right off for the rest of the tour. Elena was armed with camera and camcorder already getting tour footage which would be used by the band for the likes of Facebook, twitter and you tube.

Once the set was completely set up i happily settled myself behind the sound box headphones placed on as sound check time occurred. The band took their places on stage with the equipment set up. I got them to test all the microphones and amps first before we had a run through of five songs from the set to check the lighting set up.

As they played through the five middle songs of the set i made sure the sound settings were sounding good for the venue whilst also making sure the lights looked good and making sure that amps and mics sounded good for vocals and playing. As the band got to the fourth song out of the fifth teddy wondered around on the stage a bit, more than likely getting a feel for the space he would have to jump around. As he jumped up onto the drum stand he slipped back falling and landing on his back his bass been held away from the ground as he winced in pain.

The rest of the band stopped as teddy removed his bass before sitting up and pulling at his jeans to get to his ankle. As he moved his sock after taking off his left shoe it revealed a slight swelling to his ankle looking like it was a minor sprain. Elena headed to go fetch some ice and soon appeared back on the stage with an ice bag pressed to teddy’s ankle.

‘Ahhhh Jesus Christ that’s too coldd!!’

‘Edward Hetherton it’s a bag of ice it’s not going to boiling hot now is it.’

Dan laughed as teddy looked up in astonishment at Elena’s reply to his out cry as the ice had been placed on his ankle. As Dan sat there on his drum stool in a complete fit of hysterics i watched him rock backwards and forwards his face turning red as he laughed so much.

The next thing to be heard was a loud thud as Dan completely disappeared from his stool.

‘OWWWWW bloody stool and hard floor!.’

Teddy was now the one to be sat laughing as his younger brother cried out after falling onto his backside off the drum stool and quite a height off the drum stand that was placed on the stage to keep him above the other band members. Alex went to help Dan up who was now back on normal stage level after his fall as Ed and Ali started to place equipment on stands as i headed over to cover the drum kit over allowing the support act to put their equipment on the stage later on in the day.

Teddy then got up from off the floor limping with his shoe and sock in hand and a bag of ice in the other. We helped him back to the dressing room where him and Dan explained their injuries, Dan politely showing Gary the bruise on his butt cheek to Gary’s disgust.

Teddy sat down on the sofa his ankle resting on a box with ice still on it. He knew he would be fine to walk on it later if he rested it now and stopped the swelling since the sprain wasn’t too bad. Gary agreed with teddy and went outside then to check the support bands arrival time.

Elena and Ed settled down happily with the rest of the band members in the dressing room for a while just relaxing now whilst i was called to go help the support band set up their equipment ready for tonight’s show, since they had just pulled up outside an hour before there 4 o clock sound check. Once i was finally finished i settled down with Elena as the lads including teddy whose ankle wasn’t as bad now headed out to greet some of the fans that were now at the back of the venue.

Me and Elena sat talking for a while about how well we reckoned the show would go and how it was typical the first day someone would get injured. When the band returned they got changed into their show gear it now been 6 o clock, after meeting many fans. Once they were ready they settled own waiting for stage call. Gary came to inform me and Elena to go get ready as doors would be opening soon and so I kissed Alex goodbye and good luck, Elena kissing Ed for good luck to before wishing good luck to the rest of the band as we headed down ready for the show.
♠ ♠ ♠
some ideas now contained in this story are thanks to the amazing Lottie =]