It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Eight

The first couple of shows of the tour had gone really well and it looked like this tour really would be something special to the guys. They were putting in their all even for the sound check to make sure everything was perfect to give fans the best experience ever. Dan and Teddy were now wary of what they stood on and hadn’t yet injured themselves again apart from Dan head butting the roof of the tour bus forgetting how tall he was. Gary was currently ill ad so we had gained a new bus driver and temporary manager who just didn’t speak to us if he could avoid to it. Ed and him had already had a disagreement and Ed wanted Gary back already who was suffering from man flu.

Whilst on the bus I hadn’t stopped thinking about stuff when i had free time though. What Dan had said really affected me, he liked me as more than a friend, yet i was with one of his best friends. It made things so much more awkward because if i spoke to Dan and Lexi was nearby, Lex could obviously sense something about Dan and got very protective. I decided that i needed a good old girls chat with Elena to see if she could help me out and so headed off up the bus to find her.

‘Hey Elena, any chance we could chat in private.’

The look Ed gave me for pulling his girlfriend away from him was that of upset. Elena assured him she would be back soon and he nodded smiling before turning to talk to Ali who was sat beside him actually been quiet, that was probably cause he had food though.

Me and Elena headed to a part of the bus that wasn’t in habited by anyone and sat down.

‘What’s up Amy?’

‘Guy’s that’s what.’

‘What’s happened?’

‘Dan has told me he has feelings for me, Lex can sense it when me and Dan talk and get’s protective, I don’t want their friendship to break up but I’m unsure what to do.’

‘I’d say explain to Lexi what Dan has said, hope that he understands it and tell how you like Alex and Dan is just one of your bets friends. If Lex cares so much he will understand?’

‘You think that would Elly?’

‘It’s worth a try i would reckon it would do the trick though.’

‘Cheers, your awesome, i best let you get back to Eddie though before he starts shooting death stares at me.’

Elena laughed at my remark and i giggled to before the two of us hugged and headed back up to the lounge area of the bus settling down me shoving Ali over a bit. In my mind i set a date for when to explain it to Lexi and decided that when the bus was at a standstill would be best incase he did get wound up then he could go walk it off if need be. I knew we weren’t far from the next venue anyway and embraced how i was going to say this to Alex.

An hour later and the bus had pulled up outside the venue, it was still early morning meaning no fans had yet congregated around the back of the venue but we knew it wouldn’t take too long for some to turn up. I got the set unloaded with the rest of the roadies and a few hours later i was left to just chill out until sound check at three. It was now 1 pm and three of four fans had ventured around to the back of the venue and met the guys. They spoke to them for a little while.

I stood there enjoying the fresh air off the bus which after a few days already started to smell of sweaty lads, not the best smell ever. Elena was stood in conversation on her phone and it was probably her mum asking what she had been up to so far and i let her be. As i stood there Alex walked over as a couple of fans spotted Ed exited the tour bus.

‘You alright Amy, your quite today.’

Alex put his hand on my shoulder he had to be careful how close we were in the eyes of fans.

‘I’m fine just enjoying the fresh air and stuff.’

Alex pulled my face up to look at him and i knew from his reaction he could tell that what i was saying wasn’t the complete truth.

‘Please Amy something’s bothering you and i want to know what.’

I looked around to see there were only two fans around the bus now thank god and thought that since they were at a distance talking to Ed and Ali it would be ok to talk to Alex.

I breathed out a sigh before explaining myself.

‘Alex, i beg of you not to take this the wrong way, but well, Dan has told me something that had affected me a little more than he would think.’

‘What’s he said.’

I could hear the anger in Alex’s voice starting already but looked into his eyes as he sighed calming himself back down and allowing me to continue.

‘He told me how he truly felt that he had feelings of more than friendship toward me, but i explained that i only saw him as one of my best friends because it is you that i have true feelings for, i could see the tension between you to, i want you to keep your friendship.’

I was looking at the floor as i finished what i sat and watched Alex’s hand’s ball into fists as i looked up to see the anger present in his face as well. I heard the tour bus door slam shut and looked toward it to see Dan having walked off the bus Alex turning and storming up towards him.

The look of fear in Dan’s face was horrible as i stood there helpless against Alex’s anger. Dan took a step backwards away from Alex looking past him at me, his face full of confusion as Alex stepped toward him again and he backed up again.

By now the two fans and Ed and Elena had all turned to see what was going on as i stood frozen in fear at what i had caused as Alex continued to walk towards Dan his hands still in fists at his side.

‘What do you think you are doing Daniel, you should know limits by now!’

Alex’s voice was rougher than normal as he clenched his teeth speaking to Dan in an angry rumble but loud enough for Teddy and Ali who were on the bus to appear outside and see what was going on looking on in horror.

I edged closer to where they were both stood, i didn’t want to watch as Dan’s face looked longingly at me, what had i done. Alex was still proceeding towards Dan as well who was still backing off towards cars parked on the road near to the bus now.

As Dan stepped further back he stepped between the parked cars as i moved a step further forward making sure Alex didn’t start to throw punches or anything. As Dan took another step backwards out into the road a screech of tyres was heard. A loud thud was heard from the front bumper and bonnet of the car as Dan was taken out of sight in an instant as the car was at a sudden standstill. Alex stopped dead his face changing in a matter of seconds from anger to shock as he hands relaxed and he looked out into the road. As the driver leapt from the car in a panic i ran out towards Dan who was now lay in the road still. I knelt down beside him taking his hand in my own, my hands shaking in fear at what i had caused as Alex warily stepped over to Dan knowing this was partly his fault.

I knew i shouldn’t of said anything i should of known Alex would take it bad as Alex placed a hand on my back as i knelt there shaking from head to foot the rest of the band and the two fans and the driver surrounded Dan. Teddy knelt down the other side of his brother looking up at the sorrow in my eyes giving me an understanding look and that of worry for Alex’s reaction.
♠ ♠ ♠
This idea was with thanks again to Lottie who is helping me out with this story =]