It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Nine

We were all frozen in position my body still shaking as Dan still lay there no movement showing. Every was just watching unsure of what to do expecting the temp manager to of come out. The two fan girls were stood behind Ed looking very concerned for the drummer. I couldn’t believe i was the cause for this my best friend been lay in the road, injured. I could feel my body grow cold as i thought about what had happened praying for Dan to open his eyes again.

After a few very slow moving minutes and as my face had grown so pale Alex was holding me up, preparing for me to faint any second, Dan’s eyes started to flutter open slowly. My eyes focused onto his as he started to look around acknowledging the environment he was in and all the faces looking back at him worried.

Dan started to raise himself onto his elbows slowly taking in what had happened as realisation of what had happened sunk in. Teddy tried to lie Dan back down but Dan pushed his brothers arm away.

‘I’m fine Ted’s trust me.’

Teddy looked at his brother letting him sit up fully as Dan pulled his shirt up to reveal bruising to his stomach the only injury he could tell he had gained apart form a couple of cuts to the back of his head that had dyed bits of his blonde hair red. Dan turned to look at me the colour in his own face draining as he looked at me. I was shaking so bad still and i had felt all the colour drain out of my face, my body freezing cold as well.

‘Amy, do you feel alright, your really pale.’

‘I..I’m fine Dan, it’s you that we should be asking that. Are you sure your not in pain?’

My voice was a barely audible whisper as i controlled my breath to allow me to speak.

‘I’m fine, trust me bit of bruising a couple of cuts and i feel as right as rain.’

‘I’m sorry Dan, this was my fault, i shouldn’t of reacted to what Amy had said like that.’

‘Alex, it’s your girlfriend, you will get protective, but i swear i mean no harm to your relationship, it’s just easier you both knew my feelings.’

Alex just nodded as he held a hand out to Dan helping him up now that Alex was on his feet. The sorrow and regret was obvious in Alex’s face as Dan accepted the apology Dan knowing how Alex reacted to stuff anyway expecting something, just maybe not a car appearing. The car driver apologised to Dan before driving off as Ali who had just gotten off his mobile wondered over.

‘Guys, Gary is feeling better now, he’s heading to us now, oh and he heard what just happened.’

‘He’s going to stop me playing now and send me up A&E just watch it.’

‘We shall see when he get’s here, let’s get you inside though and warmed up again?’

With that Dan wondered in with a slight limp due to aches in his hips where it was bruised the temp manager wondering over his face practically red with anger.

‘Where the hell have you lot been, your running late for sound check, and stop limping your not hurt!!!’

This took the biscuit for Elena who had enough of this idiot moaning about everything and opened her mouth.

‘We are not late, try the fact that Dan here was just hit by a car, your sorry arse didn’t even come to inform the guys what time sound check was, maybe if you did your job properly we would know what was going on !!!’

With that Elena stormed into the building clearly fed up of the idiot as the rest of us stood gob smacked at the outburst from her. I walked inside an arm on Dan’s waist in support Alex staying with the other three lads as the manager figured out what to say next.

In the venue Dan stood still for a bit prodding his bruises and making odd yelping noises at the most sensitive parts, typical for Dan, as Gary walked in through the main door. Gary’s face dropped as he saw the already purple bruising on Dan’s stomach, speeding over to find out what happened and then noticing that Elena was tapping her foot and counting to herself, her facial expression showing annoyance to something.

‘What’s happened since i was ill, Dan what happened to you and what’s wrong with Elena, what‘s gotten to her?’

‘I just got hit by a car but not too hard this is the only injury i seem to of received apart form a couple of cuts to my head, and Elena just had a kind of shouting match with the idiot that keeps moaning at us, I’m glad your back actually’

‘Did he check that you were ok? Did he not think to take you to the hospital?’

‘He didn’t even know I had been hit he came out moaning we were late as i had just come around from been knocked out for five minutes I was informed just and was limping in he said to stop been pathetic and that i wasn‘t hurt.’

Gary’s face went from the pale shade it had been to an extremely dark purple as he marched off through the door it slamming into a wall as he went and headed outside. The door itself stayed open and the next thing to be heard was Gary’s voice booming from the corridor in the venue.

‘You bloody fool, he could be seriously hurt and all you care about it timing’s, the band are the priority here and the two girls as well, you don’t treat them like that. Rid yourself from my presence and the rest of the crew’s as well before something bad happens!!!!!’

Dan smiled at me and Elena hearing Gary shout so loud. Dan hugged Elena as a smile appeared on her face. The rest of the band speedily wandered over to Dan who had now lay down on the wooden floor his stomach and hips aching somewhat more. Ed had taken to checking Elena was again calm and kissing her before turning his attention to Dan. Teddy had headed out having just seen one of tonight’s medics who followed Teddy back into the venue to check on Dan, who was now complaining since his hips were aching quite bad.

I felt Alex’s arms wrap around my waist and pull me back from Dan as he was injected with some sort of painkiller, alex knew i personally disliked needles and seeing them. Alex stood in front of me with Elena, who was now calm, joining us to as Alex placed his hand to my forehead.

‘Amy your freezing cold and as pale as anything are you sure your well.’

I nodded feeling just fine apart from rather shaky.

After half an hour of checks Dan was feeling a lot better the painkillers working well and been told he was fine and that the bruising would go down soon. Dan came over hugging me, back to his usual chirpy self in typical Dan fashion.

‘I know you care Amy your my best friend you will but I’m honestly fine don’t worry, please, neither me or Alex or the others want you ill at all!’

I hugged Dan around the waist the heat from his body warming me up instantly and as Alex watched my face he looked relieved to see my cheeks regain their pink colour again. Dan kissed the top of my forehead then quickly glanced at Alex who let that one go as sound check was finally allowed to commence.