‹ Prequel: We'll Brave This Storm
Status: Active.

Journey to the Past

What is "Future"?

Tomorrow came.

I just have to say that as much as I adore Lily, I don’t like how she had to invite the wrong people to hang out with at her house. Well, actually, it was two girls and two boys. I just didn’t like one of the boys. Ah yup! Jared. I glared at Lily as she gossiped with the girls until she finally noticed that I wasn’t happy at all. She sighed.

“He’s not talking to you, is he?” She asked.

“No, but I don’t like seeing him.” I said. She rolled her eyes. “You don’t understand.”

“Andrea,” I heard him sing. I shut my eyes and looked over at him slowly. “This is Ben. He thinks you’re mad cute.”

“That’s great, man.” I said.

“Chill out, dude.” He said, coming over to me. “Let’s chat. Learn to forgive and forget.”

“HELL no!” I yelled. He gave me a look. “Fine, fine, fine, just fucking FINE.” I growled. He smiled crookedly at me and I looked away quickly before standing up and walking over to the second couch with Jared and his friend Ben.

“Kay, Andrea, this is Ben and Ben, this is Andrea.”

“I’m Ben.” He said.

“Obviously…” I said. I’m guessing my sassiness does come from my mom. “So you think I’m ‘mad cute’?” I asked.

“I do,”

“That’s great, Ben.” Jared said. “Andrea, what music do you like?”

“Nothing you would…” I said. “I don’t listen to dubstep, man.”

“Oh? What do you listen to, then?”

“I’m curious, too.” Ben said.

“Black Veil Brides, Escape the Fate, Madina Lake, Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada, Paramore, Never Shout Never, Breaking Benjamin, The Gallows, The Misfits, KISS, Motley Crue, The Starting Line, Bon Jovi, The Rolling Stones, Vanna, Aiden, Motionless in White, D.R.U.G.S, blessthefall, Falling In Reverse… a lot of other bands, thank you very much.” I answered. They blinked at me.

“Whoa, you’re rad.” Ben said.

“Without a doubt.” Jared said. I was so waiting for something to happen. “Ever heard of Bassnectar? Skrillex?”

“Sure I have,” I said honestly.

“Ever drunken alcohol?” Ben asked. Jared smiled crookedly again. I shook my head. “Ever smoked weed?”

“Tried Liquid Acid?” Jared asked.

“Shrooms.”

“Ecstasy?”

“Oh my god,” I said. “No, no, no, no, NO!” That’s just terrible of them. They smirked.

“Wanna try?” Ben asked. I glared at him. I knew something was going to happen that would get me super pissed. “Come on. Try it now and if you don’t like it, then don’t do it again. It’s that simple.” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Try what exactly?”

“Acid’s fun,” Jared said.

“Mindblowing.” Ben said.

“Beer’s a man’s drink. Ever heard of a, uh… oh, dude, what’s that cocktail the girls drink?” Jared asked Ben.

“Malibus or something.” Ben said, and Jared snapped, nodding.

“It’s not as bitter and it’s juicy. A very good choice for a classy lady such as you.” Jared said. “What do you say?”

“No,” I said simply.

“Well, I guess we gotta do this the hard way.” Ben said.

“Right, with Lily standing right over there?” I asked, pointing over at her. “The second you try anything with me, I’m screaming, and she’s going to hear and you guys are going to be fucked stupid.” I said in an attempt of a threatening voice.

“I’ll take that chance,” Jared said, looking at Ben.

“Same.”

My eyes widened at them and Jared picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. Damn. I pounded on his back as he went into the kitchen of Lily’s house. I did scream, but barely because Ben covered my mouth. I licked his hand but it didn’t budge. I’m totally dead.

“Um… nah. Just weed for now.” Jared said and took out something from his pocket. It was like leaves or something, and he rolled it up in something and handed it to me. He took out a lighter. I shook my head at him, hoping my eyes looked begging at him. “Come onnn.”

“Um… Malibu Rum…” Ben said, coming over from the rack of alcohol bottles. “I should get a cup.”

“Yeah, man.” Jared said, smirking.

“I’m not smoking that. I don’t even know how to.” I said.

“It’s easy.” Jared said, rolling his eyes. He lit the end of the blunt and put it to his lips. Kay, I’m dead. He smiled and removed it. “Like that.”

“If I do it, will you leave me the fuck alone?” I asked.

“Most definitely.”

So I smoked weed for the first time. Like. Damnnn. I blinked a lot to make sure some shit wasn’t moving. Ben came back with the cup of whatever it was. “Drink up,” he said, and I did. Oh my god it’s delicious. I finished the whole cup rather quickly and Ben gave me five more cups of that stuff.

“You did well,” Jared said. “Alright, let’s go back to the get together.” He said, leading me in carefully. I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo doneee hahahahahaha!

“Where’ve you guys been?” Lily asked when we went back into the livingroom. “Madison and Laurie left like just now and I just realized you guys disappeared and…” Lily stared at me. “JARED!”

“It was Ben’s idea.” Jared said, laughing, which made me laugh, too. I dunno why, but everything’s fucking hilarious.

“Ugh!” Lily yelled. “Get out, oh my god, I have to take her home.” Jared and Ben nodded and walked out the door. Lily groaned. “Oh my god, Andrea, look at you.”

“Look at you, look at me.” I said. I laughed. She shook her head.

“I’m so sorry,” She said and helped me walk to the door and down the driveway, in which I fell and died of laughter. Lily sighed and picked me up. We went in her small car and I was jamming out to whatever was on the radio and I sang super loudly to the songs.

“OHHH! WE’RE HALF WAY THEREE! OHHHHHHH! LIVIN’ ON A PRAYAHHH!” I yelled.

“Your dad’s gunna kill you.”

“Dude I know!” I laughed.

She drove up my house’s parking and we went inside. “In here,” She said, leading me to the living room. Vinnie was there, watching the Pink Panther. I died of laughter and started going “Du dumm, du dum! Du dum, du dum, du dum du dum du duuummmmm ba da da dum!” along with the Pink Panther theme. Vinnie stared at me.

“What is wrong with her?” He asked, standing up and walking over to me.

“High. Drunk.”

“What?!” He yelled.

“Vincent!” That’s Dad.

“OH MY GOD! DAD! I WANNA TELL YOU ABOUT MY DREAM!” I yelled, running off to find the source of the voice. Vinnie caught up with me quickly. “Where’sdad.”

“Your dad’s going to kill you if he sees you!” Vinnie said. I laughed. “Stop. Ugh, there’s no point. We’re gunna need marshmallows—”

“I LOVE MARSHMALLOWS!”

“We don’t need marshmallows,” Lily said. “We need to put her to sleep.”

“Let’s go,” Vinnie said.

“VINCENT OH MY GOD! D:<”

Vinnie ran up the stairs with me on his back. I laughed sooo much. Shit was moving. Oh my god what is air. He ran down the hall to my room and put me on my bed. I smiled widely at him and he shook his head at me.

“Now what?” I asked.

“Shh. Sleep.” He said, lifting the covers up. I crawled into them and he put the sheets over me and over my head. Then I heard the door open.

“Hey, Lily’s here, which means Andrea’s here, which means I no longer need your assistance.” I heard dad say. I lifted the covers up. Vinnie groaned.

“Sup, dad?” I asked smiling and giggling. “Oh my god your eyes are SOOOOOOO blue. Are they like contacts?”

Dad’s eyes widened at me and he slowly turned his head to Lily, who was now standing next to Vinnie beside my bed.

“She’s loopy.” He said.

“Yep.” Vinnie said.

“Why?” Dad asked angrily. Scout came in and took one look at me and sighed.

“Oh dear. She didn’t get drunk and high on her own.” Scout said. “What happened?”

“SHE WHAT?” Dad bellowed.

“Glazed eyes, for one, slow speech, uncontrollable laughter, and I bet if she walked, she would fuck up somehow.”

“HEY! I RESENT THAT!” I yelled.

“Lillian,” Dad growled.

“EEP! D:” Lily cried. “I’m scared.”

“What happened?!” He bellowed.

“Jared and… his friend Ben… got her… and…” Lily began.

“Can I get them arrested or something? Like, this is not okay.” Dad said.

“I dunno? Do I look like a cop?” Scout asked.

“Andrea, go to sleep.” Dad said.

“Kayyyyyyyyy,” I said. “Buti’m nottired.”

“Too bad.” Dad growled. So I passed out.

---

When I woke up, Dad was in my room, glaring at me with his arms over his chest. I blinked and sat up. My head hurt. Damn. Why did he look so upset?! I waited for him to say something because he was just glaring at me, but when he said nothing, I decided to just speak.

“Why are you mad?” I asked.

“You got high and drunk.” He said. “Disappointed, really.”

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyeah.

“Because Jared and Ben forced me!” I said.

“No one forces you to do anything.” Dad said.

UGH! Now he acts all fatherly like. I laid back down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. This is so unfair. How do I get blamed for this when it totally wasn’t my damn fault?! UGH! SO UNFAIR! With a side of UGH! I didn’t even want to do any of that in the first place and I don’t ever want to do it again for as long as I live.

“Kay, am I grounded or are you going to yell at me some more?” I asked.

“I’m not yelling…” Dad said.

I groaned. “So just do that punishment stuff you do to Vinnie when I swear.” I said.

“You’re grounded.” Dad said, then gagged. “I hate being old.”

“I hate being grounded for something that wasn’t my fault.” I said.

“You could’ve called Lily in the other room, couldn’t you have?”

“No, actually. They were intelligent.” I said. “How long am I grounded for?”

Dad shrugged and started to walk out of the room. “Oh. You know. Like. 12 hours.” I raised an eyebrow at him and he turned to look at me. “I’m making hashbrowns. Scout’s teaching me how to cook. I already burnt toast yesterday.”

I laughed. “If burnt toast yesterday, what makes you think you can make hashnbrowns?”

“They’re homemade.” He said.

“Yeah you’ll set the house on fire.” I said.

“THAT’S WHAT OUR SECOND ALBUM SHOULD’VE BEEN CALLED!” He yelled excitedly. I laughed. Oh! But that reminded me of something I had to tell dad. It was rather exciting to think about it.

“Dad. I wanna be in a band and make music for people.” I said. His smile faded into a small crooked one. “Like. All I hear on the damn radio is wompwompwompwompwomp. Some dumbass electronic, dubstep shit. I ‘grew up’ listening to you guys and other bands like yours and some bands similar and bands that were old even when you were my age. I want to make THAT kind of music. It’s amazing. Where is any of that now? You barely hear it these days. Like, sorry if I’m weird to everyone else because I listen to rock and not dubstep, but it’s what I like and I’m sure there are some people other than myself that wouldn’t mind listening to that sort of thing again. There are people just as weird as me for listening to old rock. I know it.”

And in that moment, I realized what I had picked up from my dad. I was like him, too, musically. Dad smiled bigger at every word I said to him. His eyes twinkled with something I’m sure I only saw when I was REALLY small, I’m guessing back when he was in a band, and I could tell he was so all for it, and that he was so going to help me whatever it took.

“Well… you, Vinnie… Lily?” I nodded. “You’re gunna need at least one other person. Preferably, I’d like five people in a band…”

“Lily’s friends.” I said.

“So many girls in a band. Can you guys handle that level of rock?”

“HEY! I RESENT THAT! I played your songs easy. I think I can do my own.”

“What a lovely idea.”

“Are you still mad at me?” I asked.

“Uh, yes, I am, but not as much because now I’m stoked. You’re not just like your mom. You’re like me too. This is so exciting for me.” I smirked. “But you’re still grounded.”

I snapped. “Oh darn, for half a day.”

“Sarcasm makes me feel like I’m not a good dad.” He muttered.

“You’re the best dad.”

“Good. Work on your band stuff.” I smiled.

---

I invited Lily over the second my groundation was over, and I told her to invite Madison and Laurie. We became friends really fast. Vinnie thought the entire band idea was rad, (“even if I am the only guy”) and it turned out that Madison and Laurie were the two girls in shop that recognized my dad and liked rock music took.

It was weird when Dad walked by the living room and Madison kept saying he was hot for an old guy.

We decided to play some random songs throughout the next month, like an Escape the Fate song, a Falling in Reverse song, a Get Scared song, an Eyes Set to Kill song, a Hey Monday song :3, and obviously a Black Veil Brides song. Then, there was one song by Black Veil Brides, called Saviour, that I really wanted to cover really fast. I decided to play the acoustic guitar and sing for this one. Lily knew how to play the violin. Madison played every instrument. It was all good.

And then dad walked into the garage one day when we had fully learned the song Saviour and played it, and I think he died or something because he was smiling so much and I think a tear escaped, and he nodded in approval.

And then, the best day of my life came.

“It’s time you meet some important people.” Dad said.

“I’ll meet important people if and only if you get a job.” I told him. He wasn’t expecting that, but I was thinking, that Scout worked and Dad just ran around the house doing who knows what, calling people and doing some shit I wasn’t sure of because he wouldn’t tell me and kept saying it was a surprise, but he wasn’t expecting me to shoot him with that job thing.

“I don’t want a job D:” he said.

“Dad, Scout works her ass off to put food on the table. Vinnie just got a job at Dunkin Donuts and I might get a cosmo job soon. I applied for a salon really close, but you’re the dad in the family and you need to work, man.”

But then he smiled. “I know exactly what I want to do.”

And I asked, “What do you want to do?”

And he said “It’s a surprise.” -_-

At least he knows what he wants to do, but meeting important people and so much surprises from dad make me wonder what he’s up to… but I’m not going to worry too much and I’m just going to play some music with my band (which still hasn’t a name yet), and study for my Zoology, World History, English, Trig, and other finals because school is ending soon and I’m going to graduate soon. It’s all very exciting, and Vinnie’s birthday is in a week and Lily and I are talking about going to Mali-U.

So many things.
Where’s the time going?

Future
Noun. 1. Time that is to be or come hereafter.2. Something that will exist in time to come. 3.A condition, especially of success or failure, to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Virus is gone \m/
Writing continues.
If you want to check out my new story like I said, in case you haven't already, it's here in the link under this word :D
http://stories.mibba.com/read/399499/Fallen-Angels-in-the-Literal-Sense/
And I'm so pumped about the ending of this story, it's gunna be sooooo epic.
<3