Ex Friends Till the End

Call

Pete still hadn’t returned when Ryan fell asleep. He had tried to stay awake to make sure Pete made it back. He couldn’t just call Pete and make sure he was okay because he had left his phone on his desk.

When Ryan woke up in the morning, he was relieved to see Pete was sleeping and in his bed. He knew Pete had a class that would be starting soon, but he thought it would be best to just let him sleep. He dressed quietly and grabbed hit book bag and left for his own class.

When he got back he could hear Pete yelling and when he entered their room, he saw that Pete was on the phone. He left the room quickly and shut the door behind him, deciding to go to the library instead. He didn’t want to eavesdrop this time. But before he could even reach the end of the hallway where the elevators were, Pete was calling his name.

“Yeah?” Ryan said, turning around to look at Pete.

“You don’t have to go,” he said. “I’m off the phone.”

Ryan went back to their room and shut the door behind him.

“Sorry about that,” Pete said, sighing. “I told her last night I didn’t want her to call me anymore, but she did anyways.”

“It’s fine,” Ryan replied, setting his bag on the floor and sitting in his desk chair. Pete shook his head in annoyance.

“You’re lucky you’re not into girls,” he said. “They’re a fucking pain in the ass.”

Ryan stayed silent and watched as Pete stood up, telling him he had to go see one of his professors. He watched as he left. He wasn’t going to bother asking Pete what had happened, but Ryan could easily assume that Pete had broken up with his girlfriend, and he couldn’t help but feel happy about that.

Ryan shook his head. He needed to stop doing this. Just because Pete didn’t have a girlfriend now didn’t mean he was going to go after Ryan. Pete wasn’t gay and he needed to get that through his head no matter how much he didn’t want to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating very often. I've just been busy with college.

I'm also sorry that these chapters have been short-- it's just that sometimes it's hard for me to write long chapters and then I'm trying to build up a friendship between Pete and Ryan. Hopefully things will to start to pick up soon.

Also, I was very sad about no comments for the last chapter :[ I really appreciate them when I get them.

~Sally