Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

Let Me Be The First To Wish You The Worst

Saturday night finally arrived. I had spent the last two nights with Alex. On Thursday we went to dinner and on Friday he came over and watched a movie. I wanted to watch Elf but he said we couldn't since it wasn't close to Christmas and I'd seen it a million times. So, we ended up watching Children of the Corn even though I hate scary movies.

Amanda wasn't a fan of him for some reason. When I tried to talk to her about it she just denied that she didn't like him.

"Caty, I'm leaving in a few minutes." Amanda called.

"Okay, I'm ready." I told her as I walked out of my bedroom.

I decided to wear a high waisted black skirt with black tights and a red long sleeved shirt.

"Remember, we can leave anytime." She reminded me.

"Okay." I nodded.

I had been feeling less depressed since I started hanging out with Alex, but I still could never manage to shake my thoughts of John during our dates. John would have let me watch Elf that night, or pick the restaurant we went to on Thursday. And one thing I hated was that Alex never let me pick the music when we were driving. John always let me pick. But that doesn't matter anymore because we're over.

Amanda and I made our way to the place the guys decided to have dinner at. We walked in and found a table. They were running late, of course. After a little chit chat, we spotted the rowdy group of boys walking in. They made their way to the table and I stood up to greet them.

"Hey everybody." I smiled.

Jared immediately pulled me into a bear hug.

"Caty m'lady!" He cheered.

"Wow, quoting California Girls, Jared?" I laughed as I pulled away.

"It's a great song." He defended.

After greeting the rest of the guys my eyes fell on John. Once again he had a girl with him. She was almost his height, very skinny with auburn hair, and covered in tattoos. She also wreaked of cigarette smoke. She was beautiful, though.

"Hi John." I said waving to him.

"Hey Caty." He smiled as he stared at me for a second. His girl elbowed him in the side roughly. "Oh, um. This is Daisy."

The Daisy. The one who cheated on him. The one his friends didn't like. Of all the girls in the world, he had to be with her.

"Nice to meet you." I told her trying to sound as nice as possible as I held my hand out across the table for her to shake.

"Yep." She said ignoring my hand and taking a seat directly across from me.

After everyone got settled I was seated between Amanda and Jared with Daisy and John across from me.

Shortly after we sat down the waitress approached us to take our drink orders.

"Coke, please." Jared ordered.

"Same for me." Said Pat.

"Coke too, thanks." Garrett told her.

"Just a water." John said.

"I want a Budlight." Daisy said.

"Coke." Kennedy said.

"And I'll have water too." Amanda ordered.

"I'd like a Sprite please." I told her.

Soon she came back with everyone's drinks. Daisy quickly chugged the Budlight and ordered another.

"So, Caty is seeing a guy." Amanda announced as she glared at Daisy.

I saw Johns face fall as she said this and felt a pang of guilt.

"Really?" Jared asked. "Spill the deets!"

I laughed at him and shrugged.

"We're not official or anything. He's this detective I met at the grocery store. His name is Alex. He's pretty nice."

"Ooh, a detective!" Garrett grinned.

"Do you help him solve murder mysteries?" Pat asked.

"No, not yet anyway." I laughed.

"What does he look like?" Kennedy asked. He was sitting next to Amanda with his arm around her.

"He's tall, he's got black hair and brown eyes." I told him, not knowing what else to say.

"Is he cute?" Pat asked.

Before I could answer, John stood up and left the table. All the guys ignored him for some reason and kept looking at me for an answer to Pats question.

"Um, yeah." I nodded.

The subject eventually died down and John reappeared at the table. He draped his arm around Daisy and they talked with each other the whole time.

"Hey, I think I left my straightener on. I better go home and check. It was nice seeing you guys. Sorry." I said as I couldn't take looking at the two love birds anymore.

Everybody said goodbye and I bolted out the door and into Amanda's car.

I'm not going to cry. I am NOT going to cry.

With a shaky breath I started up the car. I had no intention of going back to the apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayy!! Five new commenters!! Hope you like the new chapter:)
Comment again and subscribe! I finally got caught up on thank you's!!
:)