Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

You're My Backbone

I woke up in my bed covered by a sheet and blanket, clinging to John. I had yet to open my eyes so he was under the impression that I was still asleep. He was playing with my hair. I could feel him twirling the strands around his long fingers endlessly. It felt so soothing that it almost put me back to sleep until I heard his phone ring.

He hesitated, but sat up and got out of bed. I could hear him pull the device out of his jeans.

"Hello?" He asked in a hushed voice. "Sorry, Daisy I got caught up somewhere." He said.

Oh my god. John just cheated on Daisy. I made him cheat! I'm an even worse person than I thought.

"No I didn't get back together with her!" He whispered harshly.

And now he's lying to her? No girl deserves that. Not even her.

"Yeah I'll come back now. See you in a little bit. Love ya, bye."

I pretended to stay asleep, hoping that he would just leave but luck wasn't on my side today.

"Caty?" He said as he crouched down and pushed the hair away from my face.

"Hm?" I groaned with my eyes still closed.

"Baby, wake up." He chuckled.

"Okay I'm up." I said opening my eyes as I sat up making sure the sheet was still covering my naked body.

He had put his boxers back on and was pulling his jeans up his long slender legs.

"Hey, I'm going home for a little bit and I didn't want you to wake up alone." He explained.

I bit my lip and nodded. I ran a hand through my hair hoping to tame it, but failed miserably. He slipped on his shirt before walking back over to my bed. He leaned down and gave me a sweet kiss.

"I love you." He smiled.

"I love you too, John." Even if he upset me I wasn't going to lie to him or myself. I'll love John until the day I die.

He looked elated and pecked my cheek before walking out of my room.

Leaving me for Daisy. I couldn't even process the hurt that I felt. I was numb. How could I sleep with John when I knew he was with Daisy?

I got up and took a much needed shower. I let the hot water soothe the sick feeling I had in my stomach and just thought about my life. This had to be a sign. Maybe I need to get away for awhile. I can't keep doing this to myself. The hurt is weighing me down and I'm bound to snap under the pressure.

I got out of the shower and put on a pair of black leggings and a baggy t-shirt.

"Hey guys, I'm going out for a run." I told Amanda and Kennedy when I walked out my bedroom. I grabbed my sneakers and started putting them on.

"Okay, be careful." Amanda told me from her spot on the couch. Her eyes were fixed on whatever show she was watching. Kennedy, however, was less interested in the show.

"Hey Caty, what time did John leave last night?" Kennedy questioned.

"Um... I'm not sure."

"Oh... Okay." He replied suspiciously.
My face started heating up and I tied my shoe laces before walking out the door.

I walked down the stairs and took off running. I ran until my legs felt like jell-o. When I decided that I needed a break I took a seat on a park bench.

What do I do? I will not be the other woman. And if John is kind of guy who would be with two girls at the same time then maybe he's not who I thought he was.

My thoughts were cut off when another runner sat down next to me.

"What do you want?" I asked, knowing who he was before even looking at him.

"I'm sorry, Caty. I shouldn't have said that stuff." Alex apologized.

"No, shouldn't have." I agreed as I got up and walked away.

"Come on. Don't be like that." He groaned.

"I'm not going to forgive you. If there's something I learned in the past few months, it's that I deserve more than being hurt."

Wow. I cannot believe that came out of my mouth. John really did change me. He made me so much stronger.

"How about we go out for din-"

"No. Leave me alone." I spat.

He stood there shocked by my tone. He didn't say anything as the distance between us got further.

If I had the courage to stand up to one guy who hurt me, then I had the courage to stand up to all of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, does anybody know what's going on? I think it's pretty easy to figure out.
Comment and subscribe! Sorry I didn't get any thank you's out for last chapter. I'll work on it!