Damned.

4 - Alec.

He stood patiently by the bus stop, staring down at his beat up converse and wrecked Slipknot bag. He fumbled with the zipper, biting his lip nervously when the bus didn’t show up when it was supposed to. He looked down both sides of the road, his eyes landing on a group of guys about his age. His heart started pounding as he watched them move closer. He fell back a few steps, allowing himself to lean against the cabin.

To his dismay, the group stopped right next to him. He could feel them looking at him every once in a while. He gripped onto the strap of his messenger bag tightly, ringing the material. It was a nervous habit he’d developed over the years, always wanting his hands to be near some form of protection.

Alcander glanced at the group often, convinced they were dangerous. He gnawed at his lip, closing his eyes as he bounced up and down, bobbing his head. He shifted from one foot to the other, trying to keep his breathing even.

The bus arrived seconds later and he climbed on first, keeping his eyes down and sitting near the middle of the bus. He chanced a look at the gang of kids, two of them getting on. They both glanced at him before moving to the back, all the same making his fear rise.

Turning to stare out the window, Alec’s hands found their way to his lap. He laced his fingers together, squeezing them and breathing in slowly. The bus reached his stop and he shot out of his seat and to the front of the bus. The bus driver stopped, letting him off.

“Th-thank you,” he stuttered, stepping off.

He waited as the bus drove away and glanced into the growing darkness. It was late; 10:30pm, to be exact.

He walked down the road, his body stiff. His eyes travelled over every object he passed by, speeding up when he approached a person. By the time he got home he was near tears from his growing fear. No car was in the driveway. He ran up his front steps, shaking uncontrollably, looking behind him as often as he could while managing to unlock the door.

He entered his house and shut the door, locking it before tossing off his bag and speeding into the hall. He walked to the kitchen and closed his eyes, holding the edge of the counter. He tried calming himself down to no avail.

“Alec?” someone whispered.

He screamed and spun around as tears brim his eyes, holding his chest. His mother rushed forward and tried to hug him but her husband came in, pulling her back. He glared at his son.

“What is it now, boy?” he snapped. Alec flinched.

“I-I d-don’t kn-know,” he cried. His chest felt like it would burst at any second.

“Freak,” his father grumbled, “Lena, would you explain to this monster what is happening as of today?”

Alcander looked up at them both, confused. He watched as his mother stared up at his father and then stepped closer to him. She rested her hand on his arm.

“Baby, you should sit,” she said, her voice trembling.

“Wh-why?” Alec stammered, confused.

“Just...just sit,” she replied. “Believe me, you want to.”

“What’s g-going o-on?” Alec stuttered as he sat at the table.

“Listen,” his mother said, standing at the other end of the table.

“I’m listening,” he replied, wiping at his tears.

“Sweetie this...paranoia is getting out of hand,” she started cautiously, “as well as your...anger.”

Alec looked at his mother, his brows furrowing as he waited for her to continue. When she didn’t, his fists clenched and he leaned back a bit.

“What about them?” he asked, trying to hide his sudden rage.

“It’s just...we’re worried, Alcander, it’s not normal,” she replied pleadingly. “You have to understand that what I’m about to tell you is for the best.”

“I’ll be the judge of that, thanks,” he replied, gritting his teeth.

“Hun, we’re sending you to a hospital,” she said, “in Belgium.”

His eyes widened and he shot out of his seat. “Are you fucking crazy? What for? Why Belgium? Why can’t I just go back to therapy?!”

“Therapy won’t help, Alcander, it never did,” she explained.

“Oh, so sending me to a fucking loony bin is better?” he screamed back. “I’m not going!”

“Alec, calm down, this isn’t like you,” his mother whimpered, cowering back.

“It’s not like me?” he screamed back. “Do you even fucking know me?”

“Of course I-”

“No you don’t or you’d know I’m fine!” he screamed. His father stepped between him and his wife.

“Stand down, boy,” he hissed, “you’re going and that’s final.”

“No I’m not!” Alec screamed back. “You can’t fucking send me there! I’m nineteen years old!”

“And I am your father so you will do as I say!” Mr. Constantinou hissed back.

“You’re not my fucking father!” Alec seethed. “You wanted to fucking kill me when you found out she was having me! Like you fucking care for my well being!”

“You’re going and that is final!” his father bellowed.

His son stood before him clenching and unclenching his fists as he fought to control himself. His father turned his back on him, making some comment on his ‘retardation’ and Alec completely gave up.

He ran forward and grabbed his father, yanking him back and throwing him against the wall. His fist collided with the man’s jaw several times before moving down to his gut. His dad cried out in pain as his son threw him down and moved to kick him but Mrs. Constantinou stopped him.

“Alec, stop!” she screamed, grabbing her son and shoving him away from the man.

Alec growled and moved to hit her, landing it right on her cheek. She screamed and slammed into the wall from the force of her son’s blow. Alec moved to attack her again but his ather shot up and grabbed both the boy’s arms, ramming his front against the wall. After a few minutes of struggling, Alec calmed down. He stared at his mother, shocked. His father growled, shoving him out to the car.

“H-hey, what are you doing?” he shrieked.

“You’re leaving tonight,” his father hissed.

“Bu-but I have to say sorry to her!” he screamed. “Please!”

“You’re not going near her,” his father seethed.

Alec whimpered as his father shoved him into the car and ordered him to tie his seatbelt. Twenty minutes later he was back out with his suitcases and throwing them in the back. His father drove him to the airport and sent him on his way. The boy shivered as he stared down at the ticket his father had given him and remembered the last words he’d spoken.

”You’re not coming back until you’re fucking normal.”

Alec would never be normal. Looks like I’m never going home.

***

He got off the plane and walked through the airport, completely lost. He was already missing Canada. Tears pricked his eyes as he spotted a sign saying ‘Alcander Constantinou’ at the back of the crowd. Slowly, fearfully, he made his way to the man holding the sign. The man smiled at him kindly and took his bags, leading him to his car.

About a half hour later they were pulling to a stop before a terrifying building. Alec stared at it in shock. This is a fucking jail, not a hospital!

“Um...is this the right place?” he asked, taking in the wire fences and the sullen coloured building it surrounded. The place was horrible. It scared him to no end.

The man beside him laughed. “Oh yeah, this is the place.”

With that he left the car and got Alcander’s things. Alec followed him up to the building where they were greeted by a woman with the fakest smile he’d ever seen and far too much make up.

“You must be Alec?” she asked, her accented voice high and squeaky. Alec suppressed a shuddered.

“Yes,” he whispered.

“Welcome to Ashworth Hospital,” she smiled, “now if you would follow me, I’ll show you to your room.”

“Alright,” the boy murmured, taking his suitcases and following her in.

He glanced back at the door, getting one last glimpse of the sky, of freedom. The doors slammed shut, leaving him chilled to the bone as he realized what that meant.

He was trapped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's a bit long >.< anyway, there's my chapter. Enjoy :)