Don't Tell Them Where I Live Now.

Getting Ready.

I didn't look forward to not only unpacking my things, but helping my mom unpack the house items. We're sitting on the kitchen floor, pulling out item by item for my mom to look over and say whether it goes in the keep box or storage box.

"I'm thinking of a yard sale for this extra stuff?" She proposed while looking at two expensive blenders. "Why do we even have two? See this is what I mean."

"Mom, we've only been here for just today and already you forgot? One is for strictly ice cream shakes and the other is for fruit shakes." I answered, pointing to which one was which when I said it.

"Well we don't need two." She mumbled to herself, putting one in the keep box and the other in the storage one. I laughed to myself until it hit me.

"Wait, yard sale? Out here?" I gasped, my eyes wide as plates.

"No, when we go back and visit of course." She giggled at my sillyness and returned her attention to the box in front of her. "I already talked to Marcy about it."

"Mar-Marcy?" I stammered, that means Skyler. I frowned with embarrassment, I never told him where we moved. I didn't want him to know and knowing my mom, she told his mom whom told him.

"Yes, Marcy. Apparently Skyler misses you, we've got the house phone working. You should give him a call." My mom reassuringly smiled, but I shook my head.

"No." I simply denied while standing, I glanced at the clock and frowned.

"But, Tabitha." My mom whined, she was determined. Although she yelled at William about teasing me, she secretly wanted Skyler and I to date. We all know it.

"Mom, it's ten. I need to sleep." I yawned and sent her a smile, glancing around the room. "By the way, how are we getting to school?"

"Well, your father doesn't work yet, so I can take you. But, I am going to figure out the city bus stop, then you guys can walk to school from there." She answered, which made me shudder.

"I've never walked any where, or even take a city bus!" I cried out. I was raised as a sheltered child. I would never admit it, but the idea of crazy pyschotic people out here scared me to death.

"I know. It's going to be hard." My mom cooed from the kitchen as I walked away and went to my room. Slowly I closed the door, and laid on the awkwardly cold bed. I closed my eyes tightly in hope of sleep, but when a loud gun shot was heard; they shot right open. I glanced at my window to see figures walking by, and heard them muttering to themselves.

"God help me." I whispered to myself and soon the people disappeared. I gulped hard, and felt the dry lump in my throat; causing me to wince. That's what my night consisted of, and some how I actually did pass out.

I woke up tired more than ever. It felt too soon that I woke up to my mom's voice. I rolled over and lazilly opened my eyes, she frowned when she seen me and walked out. I got up and grabbed a towel, to find William already in there. I went to find another bathroom and sighed.

"Oh yeah, one bathroom." I reminded myself aloud, and took a seat on the couch. Luckily I have a little brother and not a little sister, he was done soon enough and back in his room. I hurried over to the bathroom and quickly got inside, locking it behind me. I tried turning the old handles to the shower and couldn't figure the hot water out, so I took a relatively cold shower.

"Almost done?!" My mom called to us kids, by this time I was already out of the shower. I towel dried my hair, and pulled out the uniform with a sigh. I decided not to wear the skirt, instead I wore the black Dickies. I slipped on some black and white converses that have rainbow colored laces.

"Tabitha!" William yelled, which meant they were going to leave without me. I applied some eyeliner, and grabbed my bag. I slammed my door shut behind me and sighed. First day of school, uniforms, this was going to suck.

"Cheer up you two." Our mom sighed as she drove.

"I'm all smiles." William smiled, which he truly was. Why is he so excited for this? I rolled my eyes at my brother's stupidity and stared out the passenger window. It felt like forever that we were finally done with the drive and outside of the school.

"I love you both!" She called and we waved.

"Love you too!" We both yelled back, I didn't care if people didn't like it. Let them make fun of me, because that's my mom and although times are hard right now... I really do love her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my! Two comments already! I hope you guys like this chapter and that it isn't too short! :) <3