Status: Finished :D

U Smile... I Smile

Shopping Day

When we got into Anchorage, the first place we went to was the 5th Avenue Mall. I didn’t know if I would be able to find a nice outfit here or not, but we decided to try.

After hours and hours of going in and out of stores and not finding anything, my mom and I went back to the parking garage to drive over to the Diamond Center Mall. They had a Forever 21, one of my favorite stores of all time. And I knew I would be able to find at least one thing here that was appropriate for dinner tomorrow night.

After searching and searching the store, I found my dress. It was a spaghetti-strap dress with a floral pattern on the bust and black flowing silk under the bust. I also was able to find something for my date with Justin tonight. It was just a burgundy blouse with buttons and ruffles on the front. I usually don’t like ruffles on my clothes, but I actually pulled it off with this top.

I found my mom, so that we could go to the check-out counter so she could pay. After we left the store, we decided to go to the food court to get some lunch. We went to Fruitland for smoothies and then to Famous Wok, a really good Chinese place. We found a table to sit at and began eating our lunch.

“Hey, since we finished earlier than I expected, how about I call Allure Day Spa and Hair Design? I could probably get us in for a quick massage, then you to get your hair and nails done for your date tonight.” My mom said.

“Yeah, that’d be awesome. I haven’t been there for a while. It’d be nice to get a nice, relaxing massage in.” I said while the smile on my face beamed with happiness. That was the only cool thing about my mom working for that mean boss of hers. He was super rich from his family owning the family company for years. And he would pay for anything my mom needed as long as it was related to the things he wanted her to get done. I know the spa trip wasn’t what we really needed to get done for the special dinner tomorrow night, but he doesn’t have to know certain things.

My mom called while we were still eating and was able to get us in. There were exactly only two slots open and we were able to get those. However, there was an hour block in between each one.

Since the day spa was just a block away from the mall we were just at, it didn’t take long to get there. As I was in the car, I got my phone out of my bag and decided to text Justin.

S: Guess what? :D

J: Hey beautiful, & what?

S: I got my outfit 4 2mrw nite, and i was able to find somethin 4 2nite! And now my mom is taking me 2 a day spa to pamper! That makes me happy, although having u here w me wuld make me happier…

J: Haha. Yeah i no. That make me happy 2. Sounds like ur havin fun w ur mom.

S: Yeah, i am. I g2g now. Were @ the spa already. Bye! Love u! <3

J: Okay, enjoy urself! Love u 2.

After, the massage part was done; I sat in a salon chair. Once person was working with my hair and another person was working on my finger and toenails.

I told the nail person that my outfits I got earlier were burgundy, magenta, and lavender and told her that I wanted something that had all those colors in it. She mixed lavender with both burgundy and magenta to make a pretty swirl color. She put the burgundy/lavender on my fingernails and the magenta/lavender on my toenails. She also added a flower design on both my ring fingers and big toes with a little sequin in the middle of the petals. They turned out beautiful. It was the best nail job I’ve gotten done. My hairdresser was still working with my hair, but she assured me that she was almost done. After she finished she turned the salon chair so that I could see myself in the mirror. The top half of my hair was up in a twist with the bottom half curled from rollers. It looked like she ran her fingers through the curls to make them loose. I thanked both the hairdresser and the nail lady for doing a great job. And went to my mom. She said that she already paid so we just left.

It was almost five o’ clock, so we went back home. It was an hour drive, which meant we would get home at around six. Justin told me to be ready by seven, so then I would have one hour to do my make-up and to get dressed, which wasn’t a problem because I definitely didn’t need an hour to do those two things.

We got home and I went upstairs to my room to start getting ready. I started to lay out my clothes on my bed, I laid out the burgundy blouse, and my dark wash flared jeans and my black pumps with the ribbon ties. My mom came into my room then, and asked my permission if she could do my make-up. I let her and she seemed to be happy when I said yes to her. She did my make-up and then left when she was done. I looked at what she did in the mirror. I had dark red mixed with pink eye shadow, a thin line of black-brown eyeliner, long black-brown eyelashes, blush, and a little bit of powder glitter all over. I have to say, she could probably be a professional make-up artist if she wanted to. I got into the outfit that was on my bed and spritzed some perfume on me. A little bit later, my mom came back into my room with some gold dangling heart earrings that had little decorations of vines on them and some gold bangle bracelets.

“Be careful with these. They were my mother’s. And Justin is here.” She said smiling.

“Okay, thank you for letting me borrow your jewelry, Mom. It means a lot. And if you could tell Justin that I’ll be downstairs in less than five minutes, I’d appreciate it.” My mom left right after that.

I was looking for my Burt’s Bees chap stick so my lips could be moistened. I found it, applied some to my lips, and then turned the light off and left the room to go down stairs to see Justin finally.