Status: Finished :D

U Smile... I Smile

Trying to Figure out A Resolution

Justin and I walked into the house and found our families already eating dinner at the dining room table together. We greeted everyone and went to the kitchen to serve ourselves. I got two plates out of the kitchen cabinet and handed one over to Justin. We both got out dinners and went to the dining room able to eat, Justin and I sat together. When we sat down Justin put one of his hands on my knee and grabbed a fork in the other and started eating. I was about to put a bite of food to my mouth until my mom asked a question.

“So what did you two do today?” she smiled.

“We went to the Colony Days carnival and had a lot of fun on our last day together.” I smiled back.

“Oh, yes. Justin, Pattie, and Jazmin are leaving tomorrow aren’t they?”

“Yes.” I looked down at my food. Is she trying to make this even harder for me? Justin squeezed my knee and looked at me. I looked up too and we both had sadness in our eyes.

“Oh. I remember we needed to talk about everything here at the dinner table from this morning. So Justin?” Pattie said.

“Well, um, Usher and Scooter called yesterday afternoon saying that I had to be back in Atlanta with a parent/guardian to talk about things and so I can finish my tour.” He took a deep breath. “And Sienna and I are not breaking up; we’re going to try to work this out somehow. We were thinking about maybe having her fly out some weekends wherever I am, so that we can see each other. But of course we would need your permission first.” He glanced over to my mom and his.

My mom jumped to the gun after she heard Justin’s last thing. “No. No! NO! Sienna will not be flying alone anywhere.”

“Mom! I am a sixteen year old who is very responsible! I think I could handle this. In less than two years, I’ll be going to collage! What if I plan to get a degree outside of state? Are you going to make me stay in state? Are you going to come to campus with me? I don’t think so! Justin and I are just trying to make this work together. We both love each other so much that it hurts. Yes, I know it’s only been a week, but that doesn’t matter because we know how we feel about each other and we’re happy because of that. All we need is for you to help us work this out. I’m very capable of flying on my own. You can’t keep me locked up in Alaska my whole life! So please, Mom!” I argued back. I said all of that in at least two breaths. I sucked in a big one to fill my lungs back up. I looked at my mother’s face, and it was white and she was somewhat looking down with her lips pursed.

“I will think about it.” She got up then and left the room.

That has been the first big fight we’ve had, we only got into little ones before about clothes and those kinds of small things, but never like this. I put my head in my hands with my elbows propping them up from the table. I heard a chair skid back on the linoleum and felt hands massaging my shoulders and guessed that it was Justin. I looked up and found that it wasn’t. It was his mom and Justin was sitting sideways in his chair facing me. I threw myself into his arms and he engulfed his arms around me so that we were holding on to each other as if we were holding on for our lives. Then I just broke out in tears in his shoulder and let my tears run uncontrollably down my cheeks and landing on Justin’s shirt. Justin’s mom rubbed my back in circles while Justin and I were embracing. Justin was soothing me with his beautiful, calming voice whispering into my ear, “It’s okay,” over and over again.

Once I calmed down and I was able to breathe I brought my face back up so that I could look into Justin’s eyes.

“This wont work, Justin. I already know what my mom is going to say. And that is no. I asked her still even when I already knew the answer. Maybe it’s not meant to be.” I said sadly, trying not to cry again.

“No. Don’t say that, Sienna. This will work somehow. I don’t want to lose you.” Justin assured and pulled me into his arms again.

“Sienna, don’t worry. I’m going to talk to your mom and hopefully she’ll reconsider. I can see how much you love Justin and how much Justin loves you. That is very rare at a young age and I’m not going to break that.” said Pattie. She walked out of the room then leaving Justin and me alone.

Justin stood up pulling me up with him and didn’t let go of me. We went upstairs to my room and lay down on my bed and snuggled to treasured our last moments together.