Status: Finished :D

U Smile... I Smile

A Memorable Day with Justin

Today, I woke up the same way I’ve been woken for the past couple of days, feeling Justin’s soft kisses on my face. I loved to wake up to that. When I got out of the bed, I did my daily routine to get ready for the day. However, Justin didn’t stay and wait for me.

Today was Friday, meaning that my mom was working and Aaliyah was coming home from a camp that she goes to every year. I have to pick her up today, since mom will be at work and none of our neighbors or friends can. Tomorrow, Justin and I would be leaving to go for our two week vacation in Maui. I was thrilled for that. And today, Justin is taking me to go shopping to get last minute clothes that I’ll need. So we’ll be spending our day together in Anchorage at malls until we had to pick Aaliyah up from the camp office in east Anchorage at five in the afternoon. If we left at noon sharp we would arrive in Anchorage around one, meaning that I’ll have four full hours to shop. Hopefully, that would be enough. I don’t need much, but how I shop and try on clothes, it takes forever!

When I finished getting everything ready, I went downstairs and found Justin sitting on the couch with his eyes closed. He looked like a peaceful child taking an afternoon nap, it was adorable. When he heard the creak of the stairs, he sat up and smiled at me and when I got closer to the couch he stood up and walked with me into the kitchen. I fixed myself a bowl of cereal for a quick breakfast and got an orange from the fruit bowl. When I finished my breakfast, it was close to noon, so I just put the dishes into the dishwasher and walked to the garage with Justin. He got into the driver’s side after we argued about who was going to drive. It was a silly argument because I knew I wasn’t going to win, but I still tried.

We arrived in Anchorage at around one, just as I planned. Justin pulled into 5th Avenue Mall’s parking garage and found a parking space on the level with the sky bridge on it to get to the mall. The first store I hit was Nordstrom’s and ended up finding a lot of summer clothes on sale, since it was the end of the season and they were moving the fall fashions in. Justin ended up getting all the summer clothes I wanted from there and a few new fall clothes for the beginning of the school year. Once we were done at Nordstrom’s, I lead the way to the next shop I wanted to go in, American Eagle. But on our way, we passed a jewelry shop, and without my noticing, Justin pulled me in there.

“Justin! What are you doing?” I whisper-yelled at him, but he just replied with a smirk on his face. He started at the end of glass counters, where watches were, then continued down the counter. We passed the women’s and men’s watches, necklaces, bracelets, and were now at rings- most of them being engagement rings. I didn’t know why we were here, but I didn’t think much of it. Justin then leaned on his arm against the counter and looked at me with his big smile plastered across his mouth.

“What?” I asked him while cocking an eyebrow at him.

“Look.” I looked down and saw all the dazzling diamonds underneath the glass shining against the bright white light. I looked back at him being very confused. “If I were to ask you to marry me, what ring would you want?” he asked me while I just looked at him in disbelief.

“You’re proposing to me?”

“Not yet. But if I were to, I’m asking what engagement ring you’d want.

I looked back down and took a long look at each of the beautiful rings.

“Hi! My name is Shirley, do you need any help with anything?” I looked up to see a middle-aged woman with a little gray in her hair.

“Just looking.” Justin replied to her question.

“Oh, Justin! Look at that one.” I said pointing to the top of the glass. Shirley smiled and opened the glass door and stuck her hand in to get the ring I was pointing at. She set the velvet box with the ring in it in between Justin and me. Justin grabbed my left hand and slid off the promise ring I had on my ring finger. He set it down on the glass counter and took out the other ring that was nestled in its spot in the middle of the velvet box. He took my left hand back in his and slipped the engagement ring on my ring finger where the promise ring had been placed for the past three and a half months. My mouth dropped open creating a perfect ‘O’ shape. Justin kept my hand in his and looked up at me.

“Perfect fit.” I just nodded when he said that. I looked down at my hand and saw how the ring felt so right being there. It was a small simple ring that had a gold band with a medium sized diamond and two very small diamonds on each of its side. It was my ideal taste of an engagement ring, small and simple. He took the ring back and set it back into its right place in the box and slid the promise ring he gave me back on my finger.

“Thank you for your help.” He said to Shirley. Then took my hand in his and pulled me out of the jewelers’ store. What did this mean? Why did Justin take me there in the first place? And more importantly, why did he take me to look at engagement rings?, I kept asking questions relating to those above to myself in my head. I was in such a daze that I didn’t know where Justin and I were going because I was supposed to be leading us to American Eagle. I shook my head to forget about the constant questions that were forming in my mind and got back on track to go to the next store.