Status: Finished :D

U Smile... I Smile

Chemistry?

F.F through Dinner
Regular POV

After dinner, my mom, Aaliyah, and I began doing dishes, and putting leftovers in different containers and in the refrigerator.

“Mom, can I go on a quick run/walk before it gets totally dark outside?” It was 8:45, and the sun started to just set. It’s usually fully dark by 10:00pm in the summers but in the winter, it’s a whole different story. I’m glad it was summertime. My favorite season! My walk consisted of walking around the neighborhood loop which was exactly one mile, from starting and ending at my house.

“Sure, honey. Maybe you could ask Justin if he would like to go.”

“Sure. I guess.” I said really slowly, being unsure of the idea.

I walked over to the dinner table to ask Justin. “Umm… would you like to go on a walk with me, Justin?”

“Yeah, sure. That’d be nice.” He said smiling.

“Okay, cool. Um, just let me change into something else. So ten minutes sound okay? We’ll meet at the front door.”

“Ten minutes. Gotcha!”

I moved my way towards my room to change into something more appropriate for a walk. I decided on my favorite pair of Abercrombie Fitch royal blue perfect-butt sweatpants with a white long sleeve shirt and sweatshirt and a pair of my leather flip-flops. Usually, walking with flip-flops are uncomfortable, but not for me. I practically live in them! I touched up my hair and put clips in to get some of the hair out of my face. Then I checked my make-up and added a little bit more of eyeliner, since it was kind of smudging and fading. Then I was already to go. I headed down the stairs to see Justin all ready to go by the front door. He turned around and just stared at me while I was walking down the stairs. It was really awkward!

“Hey. Ready to go?” I asked when I reached the bottom of the stairs.

“Yep!”

“Okay. I need to drop by the neighbor’s house to pick up their dog that I’m dog sitting. Then we can start the walk. You might want to stay here though while I get her. She’s a black lab and she goes crazy when she sees new people. And it’s kind of hard to attach her to the leash when she’s jumping around. But I’ll be right back.”

I went to the neighbor’s house to get Shale, the black lab. She was two years old. So she was still kind of in the puppy stage. So she was really hyper! I attached her to the leash and went back to my house to get Justin so we could start on our walk.

After a while, we hit the half-way point of the loop. It was kind of hard to strike a conversation between the both of us at first, but soon we just started to ask questions about each other so we would be able to get to know one another. We started asking each other about favorite things: colors, animals, place, season, holiday, etc.

“What’s your favorite song? Or favorite singer?” He asked.

“Umm… Honestly? It’s you. And my favorite song of yours is ‘U Smile’.” I grinned sheepishly not sure of how he’d react; I turned my head around so he wouldn’t see the grin on my face.

“Really?” he said as he pulled me to a stop by grabbing my hand. He turned my face around by putting his finger under my chin so that we had eye contact. We stared at one another like that for a long time, until Shale unexpectedly barked out breaking our trance.

“Really, really.” I said back to him.

He then started to sing ‘U Smile’ to me. I started to hum along when he got to the chorus. He has such an amazing voice! I can’t believe he’s here right in front of me singing my favorite song of his, I said to myself in my head.

After he finished, I asked him the same question he asked me about my favorite song/singer.

“Well, I don’t really have a favorite song or artist. But the people in music I look up to most would be Justin Timberlake, Usher, and a little bit of Michael Jackson.” He informed me. “Hey! What leads from the path over there?”

“Hmm… I’m not sure. I never noticed that before until you pointed it out.”

“Wanna check it out?”

“Uh. I don’t think so. What if it leads to nothing and we end up getting lost? I don’t want to take any chances. Sorry.”

“Oh, c’mon! I know there’s some adventure in you somewhere! It won’t hurt.”

“Okay. Fine, but only for a little bit. It’s probably almost 9:15 already. I told my mom that we would be back at 10 and it’s a half hour walk to my house from here.

It turned out not being a long walk. And it ended up leading us to a little meadow that had a tire swing hanging from the biggest tree I’ve ever seen. There was also a little shed with a garden on the sides of it with flowers. And all over the meadow there were wildflowers. It was the prettiest part of nature I’ve seen. It was breathtaking.

Justin ended up running towards the tire swing and started to swing. He looked so much like a little kid just then. But it was adorable, anything Justin does is adorable. At least to me it is.

I bent down to Shale’s collar and unleashed her so that she could run around. And then I ran towards where Justin was swinging.

“Here, get on with me!” He yelled while jumping off the swing so that he could stop it for me to get on.

“Okay.” I said laughing.

Once I got on, he started to push the swing in a circle, and then suddenly jumped on. My hair was flying out behind me; it felt nice to feel the cool air on my neck. We were swinging for a really long time, and I started to get really dizzy. So I started to lower my foot towards the round so I could slowly stop it. Once the swing came to a halt, I hopped off, with Justin following seconds later. We ended up running into each other because we were so dizzy. As we ran into each other, we knocked heads and we collapsed to the floor. I ended up falling on Justin, I tried to not land on him really hard, but I did just that. As we hit the ground, both of us made an ‘Oof’ sound. Then we just burst out in uncontrollable laughter. After we calmed down, I realized I was still on top of him. I immediately blushed feeling the heat rise to my cheeks, and then started sitting up so I would be able to get up. But he decided to grab the strings of my sweatshirt and pull me back on top of him, making it impossible to get up. We just stared at each other like that, until the both of us started to lean in together. Him craning his neck, and me bending mine. Finally, our lips touched. It felt magical. I imagined fireworks going off while we were kissing passionately. It was exactly how I felt when Justin kissed me. Explosive. Like all of these little fizz-pops are going off inside my body, and there’s nothing I can do to control them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whooee!