‹ Prequel: Stay With Me

You've Made Your Bed

Chapter Fourteen

“L-Lauren?” Josh stuttered, the girl burst out laughing while taking a swig out of the bottle.

“Lauren? You really confusing me for that bitch?” The identical girl asked, “I’m Kate. Her twin”. Everyone in the church gasped apart from Laurens parents.

“DUDE DUDE DUDE!” A guy called running into the large room, he had a lit cigarette in one hand a beer bottle in the other, “Like... I think we’re late!”. The guy then burst out laughing with Kate mimicking him.

“Who the fuck are you?” Josh growled at the guy, the guy smirked before stepping forward until he was directly in front of Josh.

“I’m Ben, what of it?” Ben snapped, Josh stood forward towering over the guy, however the guy didn’t even flinch at the height difference, “I’m her brother”. Laurens parents made a move to stand up but Josh’s parents kept them back knowing how their son would react.

“GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS CHURCH NOW BEFORE I DRAG YOU OUT BY YOUR FUCKING HAIR!” Josh cursed; people in the crowd were sitting there stunned at Josh’s behaviour. He was pissed off that they had turned up as it was his turn to speak about Lauren and tell everyone all about her. He was pissed off that Laurens twin sister had given him a tiny bit of hope that his wife was still alive.

“You fuck off” Kate yelled, she clutched her bottle tighter and stormed towards the front standing next to her brother, “This is our sisters funeral, who the fuck are you anyway?”

“I’m your sister’s husband” Josh frowned, the pair suddenly froze and turned to look at one another. Kate and Ben were shocked at this, Lauren had never been the committed type nor had she ever spoken of anyone else other then Cody.

“Husband?” Ben asked, Josh nodded.

“Not hard to believe really is it? Your sister was beautiful” Josh whispered, Ben smirked and then motioned towards Kate. “You aren’t seriously suggesting I get with that alcoholic cunt are you?” Josh snorted, Ben grabbed Josh by the throat throwing him against a wall.

“Wanna take that back?” Ben snarled, Josh just laughed in his face pushing his hand off of him forcefully.

“Wanna fuck off before I smash your face in?” Josh retorted, Ben just shook his head with a roll of his eyes.

“At my sisters funeral... and you said you loved her. True love that is... threatening to beat her brother up” Kate tutted as though Josh was a little kid being scolded.

“YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE!” Josh chuckled, “You turn up to your sisters funeral, your twin sister for that matter, drunk and high out of your minds and you have the decency to tell me that I’m acting bad at a funeral?”. Josh was going to blow up any minute and his band mates could tell.

They all stood up and wandered over to the verbal fight hoping to break it up, but of course they were too late. They always are. Kate chugged the last of her Jack and then threw the bottle at Josh’s stomach. Everyone shot out of their seats to try and get the Foxx siblings away from Josh.

“YOU TWO ARE A DISGRACE!” Laurens mother shouted, not once had she ever been so humiliated in her life.

After the Foxx’s father had died, all of them went off the rails. They all done drugs together, they all got drunk together. However, when El decided to reach out and help Lauren, she didn’t bother with the other two. They had been at it for so much longer and they were worse.

Lauren never had contact with them again, they had insisted that if she walked off with El and got help she was no longer one of them and she no longer had the right to speak to them. Not like Lauren wanted to anyway.

“My sister was scum” Kate spat, “Nothing more than a piece of shit on the bottom of my shoe!”

“RICH COMING FROM A FUCKING JUNKIE!” Max screamed motioning towards Kate’s track marks, she gave him a shocked look and then put her hands on her hips in a ‘oh no you didn’t’ motion. “Don’t even fucking try” Max snapped, “I’ll wipe the fucking floor with your face”.

“You’re all pathetic, threatening a girl because you’re too pussy to start on a guy” Ben laughed, this time Matt stood forward. He was pissed off, he wanted to send his best friend off with a loving goodbye, not a fight.

“Too pussy? Wanna come here and sat that again, you’ll be eating the fucking wall for the next year you prick” Matt snarled, Ben stood forward so his nose was brushing against Matt’s. Ben pressed his lips to Max and then pulled away quickly.

“Try me princess” Ben smirked. Matt lunged forward grabbing Bens hair in his fist, he threw his head into the wall earning a scream of pain from Ben. Straight after he chucked him at the floor.

“Sorry, was I too hard on you?” Matt pouted sarcastically, Ben leaned up and grabbed his nose hoping to stop the blood flowing out of it.

“You think you can get away with that?” Kate asked snapping her fingers in Matt’s face.

“I know I can get away with it” Matt smiled.

“Don’t get cheeky with me” Kate snapped, she pointed her finger directly in Matt’s face. Matt wished Lauren would just jump out of nowhere yell surprise and then just kick Kate’s ass to shit with her ninja skills.

“I’m not getting cheeky with you” Matt chuckled, Kate started to throw her hands around while complaining about the way Matt was treating her.

“Just so you know” Kate started, she stood up the front of the church and moved the microphone on the podium so it was level with her mouth, “this dog you’re all here for today, is a junkie”. Everyone started to whisper amongst themselves, “She was high all the time, usually on heroin and she would sell her fucking body for drugs”.

Josh let a tear fall down his face, he didn’t want people speaking bad of his wife at her funeral. “Shut the fuck up, she wasn’t a prostitute, we don’t want to know what you do in your free time, so why don’t you fuck off now!” Josh screamed furiously.

“Make me” Kate giggled, Josh walked towards her and grabbed her arm roughly, he didn’t care if he was going to get in shit for hurting a girl, he wanted her gone. He grabbed her forcefully outside the church and then threw her to the dirty ground, he turned around to walk back inside the church but then frowned.

He spun on his heel so he was facing her and then looked down at her, “Pathetic bitch” he muttered spitting on her. Kate started to scream trying to rid of the spit, “Your turn” Josh told Ben when he got inside the church, Ben was still lying on the floor cuddling himself and wishing for his nose to stop bleeding, Josh grabbed his hair and started to drag him along the ground. Ben kept hissing in pain but Josh wasn’t going to stop until the two of them were out.

“Josh...” Max muttered, Josh turned to him furiously.

“WHAT?!” He snapped. He hadn’t meant to take it out on Max but as he was just there, he happened to be at the end of his anger. Josh was fuming, he couldn’t believe anyone could be disrespectful enough to actually crash a funeral in that manner.

“I... I erm think you should take a look at this” Max stuttered looking at a small sheet of paper in his hand, he didn’t want to show Josh but he knew it was better if he did. At the end of the day, this could help Josh move on instead of staying in his depressive mood.

Josh sighed and took the sheet of paper that was being held out to him by Max, Josh gazed down at the small piece of paper and felt his heart shatter to a million pieces. How could she do that to him? After everything they’d been through she still done that. After everything she said when he done it to her.

Josh couldn’t sit here and do nothing about it, “What the fuck is this?” Josh demanded, it seemed to be aimed at anyone when really it was aimed at that one particular person. Matt, Dan and Chris huddled around Josh to have a look at the picture, each of them letting out a gasp when they saw the picture.

“Really?” Chris snapped, “You think that’s alright for fuck sake?”. He was particularly angry at that person for what they’d done, especially when they hadn’t even told anyone. That was the least they could’ve done.

“Oh god” Matt mumbled, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing in front of him. It wasn’t so much what was on the paper he couldn’t believe, what he couldn’t believe was everyone finally getting hold of it and knowing.

“How the fuck could you do that?” Dan asked, he wasn’t angry, he was more disappointed.

Dan was never angry at someone, it would always be disappointed, and when Dan was disappointed, you’d rather he was angry. “That’s low man” Dan sighed shaking his head. Everyone started to part away from that person.

Josh threw the paper on the floor face up so everyone was able to see it. The people able to see it gasped loudly.

“Oh my god”

“That crazy girl was right”

“I’m sure that’s a fake picture”

“So Matthew!” Josh growled, “Tell us, is that a real picture?”. Matt gulped harshly and flicked his hair out of his eyes nervously. He was chewing on his lip hoping it was a rhetorical question just so he wouldn’t have to answer. It was a real picture but he didn’t want everyone knowing. “FUCKING TELL ME!” Josh screamed, Matt jumped back in shock and then licked his lips before opening his mouth.

“Yes” He whispered quietly.

“That’s fucking priceless” Josh chuckled, he turned away from Matt and folded his arms across his chest. Earlier Matt was calling him a bad friend for not standing beside them all and helping them. But he had an excuse for that; he was grieving the loss of his wife.

Matt had been a bad friend and had probably betrayed Josh in the worst way possibly; he didn’t have an excuse either, he had just done it for the fun of it. Or he could have done it out of spite, but Josh didn’t want to think about it.

Josh gazed at the floor instantly wishing he hadn’t when he caught sight of the piece of paper. On it held a picture of Lauren and Matt, cuddled up in bed. Naked. With baby toys all over the floor. They never stopped talking. But instead of talking to Josh and telling him, Matt was fucking Lauren.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOO! This chapter is longer :D
Also, thank you for the comments! they made me happy.
I would also like to say; HAHA. I tricked you guys ;) you actually believed she was still alive.

2 comments = update.
Comment and subscribe.
<3
xx