‹ Prequel: Stay With Me

You've Made Your Bed

Chapter Nine

“What?” I asked, I didn’t want to believe it. Josh wasn’t dead, he couldn’t be.

“I’m so sorry for your loss” The doctor repeated, he sounded like a fucking robot I wanted to drown.

“Can I see him?” I whispered, I wanted to at least see Josh, make sure the doctor wasn’t lying and trying to upset me for some unknown reason, I wanted to hold him close, tell him I loved him and was going to be with him no matter what, I wanted to just wake up in his arms and have him tell me it was all a dream.

“I’m afraid not, we need to get professionals in to determine what had actually caused him to have a fit and until then I’m afraid you are unable to visit him” The doctor sighed, I nodded my head, he could tell I was pissed off but I bet he put up with pissy patients every day.

“I’m here to visit Joshua Franceschi?” A girl asked, I knew that voice. I turned around and saw a blonde girl standing at the reception desk playing with her false nails, the nurse explained something to her and then pointed in our direction, she trotted over here her blonde hair swishing with each step. “Max, what’s going on? She said I couldn’t visit Josh”

“What are you doing here?” I snapped, the girl turned to me shocked before a smirk plastered on her face. She grabbed a small piece of her hair continuously twirling it around her finger.

“I’m here to see my boyfriend bitch. He chose me over you” She grinned, well tried too, the Botox on her face was making it pretty hard for her to show any emotion. “Poor pathetic little girl, why are you here anyway? You were the one that pushed him down the stairs, you should be locked away” She muttered in her annoying high pitched voice, it sounded like she’d swallowed a whistle.

“Boyfriend? Oh this is fucking priceless this is. You and Josh?” I asked, I completely forgot about Josh for a moment knowing I was going to lose my cool with this Barbie in front of me, “Nice. I hope you know I walked out on Josh therefore leaving you as the second option”

Her smile faltered, however she plastered a bigger, faker smile on her face almost instantly. “You walked out on Josh because you were scared of competition” She smirked.

“Competition? Have you seen yourself? Why would I need to compete with a stupid plastic tart for Josh?” I questioned putting my hands on my hips.

“Stupid plastic tart? Nice one, you’re the jank one here, look at yourself, bright red hair, piercings, tattoos. No one will ever want you” She said, I moved forward so I was in her face, unfortunately her heels had given her a slight height disadvantage.

“No one will ever want me? Shame Josh was all over me before his accent” I grinned knowing I’d won the argument. Suddenly she leaped forward grabbing fistfuls of my hair and pulling me around, “Let go” I screamed pushing her away, she stumbled and fell backwards tripping over her large stripper heels.

“Oh my god, did anyone see that?! She just assaulted me, just you wait until I tell the police, you’ll be going straight down for that” She cried getting back up and wobbling slightly, she steadied herself and then turned to me pointing a manicured finger in my direction, “You better watch yourself”

“Hey slag?”

“What?”

“Josh is dead”

Her face fell, “What do you mean Josh is dead?” She questioned, I could see her face paling, she really did care about him by the looks of things. “Where’s his wallet?” She asked, her eyes seemed to hold... happiness?

“Are you seriously asking for his money?” I frowned, she nodded her head and walked towards the front desk, she started to speak with the woman I’d spoken to earlier. I ran up quickly and pushed her aside, “Don’t give her any information” I gushed, the woman looked between the two of us confused.

“I... Oh god, I’m not sure which one of you gets his belongings. You both insist to be his girlfriend and I’m not sure” The nurse stuttered, I looked at her, I did honestly feel bad for her considering she probably isn’t used to having a crazy bitch trying to get her hands on someone’s things.

“Drivers Licence” I gasped, I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my purse, I opened it and held my ID in front of the woman, the licence had my name ‘Lauren Franceschi’ printed neatly on it, she couldn’t deny I was his wife after that. Slag started to sulk from beside me, I could see her leaning over the desk trying to read information off the computer.

“I would appreciate it if you don’t do that. I can get you removed from this hospital instantly” The nurse growled, I gave her a thankful smile and crossed my hands on top of the desk, “I’m so sorry to hear about Josh”.

“Josh?” I heard Max breathe from the waiting room, I spun around on my heel staring at the guys. They were shocked. I followed their gaze my own eyes falling upon Josh’s pale figure.

“They said you were dead” Dan whispered, Charlie squeezed Dan’s hand and gave him a large grin. Josh started to look around the room his eyes stopping when they linked with mine, I bit my lip gently taking a couple of steps forward, Josh copied my movements and soon we were face to face. Well face to neck.

“Lauren” Josh breathed; I stared up at him too choked up to say anything. I was speechless, the guy I loved more than anything was standing in front of me after I’d been told he was dead.

“Josh” I whispered, I lifted my hand up my fingers brushing gently over his cheeks, his eyes slipped close a single tear falling. I sniffled stroking his cheek bone, “You’re real”, I lifted my other hand rubbing symmetrically.

“Of course I’m real” Josh murmured, “Are you real though? I’ve dreamed about you so much, I don’t want you to disappear again though Lauren”. This time it was my turn to let a tear fall, Josh’s arms closed tightly around my waist bringing me into his chest, I inhaled his scent closing my eyes.

“I’m real Josh”

He pulled away from our hug staring down at me, his eyes were glossed over from unshed tears, “Prove it”. That’s all I needed, I stood on my tiptoes and forced my lips against his in a small yet passionate kiss, my arms found their way around his neck pulling him closer. “Promise me you’ll never leave me again” Josh sobbed, I nodded my head pulling him into another hug.

“Josh?”

We pulled apart, Josh looked over my shoulder at slag, “What?” He asked, he was clearly annoyed that she’d interrupted our moment.

“What about me? We’ve been together nearly 2 years Josh and you’re just going to throw it away for this bitch! She doesn’t even love you!” Slag cried, Josh waved her off with his hand and pecked my lips again.

“Whatever, she does love me. I know she does, and I love her. You only wanted my money, I know you did” Josh sighed, Slag looked at him as though she was appalled at the idea of being called a gold digger,

“You either leave with me, or someone dies” She growled, she reached into her gold back pulling out a revolver.

“Oh my god Josh” I shrieked, I turned around so my back was against Josh’s chest, everyone in the hospital stood up freaking out, they wanted to get out of here and I couldn’t blame them. “Put the gun down” I said, I took a couple of steps forward ignoring the guys comments and pleas to turn around and come back.

“Make me” She snarled, I held my arms out.

“Please just put the gun in my hand and we can sort this out. You can have as much money as you like on the basis you don’t hurt anyone” I reasoned, she snorted and cocked the gun, I couldn’t see who she was aiming at, I wasn’t going to risk turning around.

“LAUREN! FUCKING COME BACK!” Max yelled. A loud bang echoed throughout the room, everyone went silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long D:
I'm going to be greedy now.
3 Comments = New Chapter ;D

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE <3