‹ Prequel: Contumacious
Status: On Going

Be my Love

Cat and Mouse

Note: It’s been a while since I’ve written this story…and anything on here in general. So just a warning my writing style has changed somewhat. Also I’m still getting back into Dai’s character along with everyone else’s…so yeah…sorry if it’s not what you wanted/expected.

Onwards.

Dai’s P.O.V.

I watched Jaiden book his ass out of my house like he was going to miss a football game. I mean his ass nearly catapulted out of the front door even with our heavy ass project in his arms. I had seen Ryan pull Jaiden aside and knew nothing good would come from it. I have yet met a person that didn’t find Pop’s intimidating. He intimidated even a seven-foot person who was nearly twice his weight. Now I’m not saying it’s a bad thing to be intimidated by Pop’s. In fact it’s possibly a very good thing. I’m just saying I haven’t met a person yet that wasn’t intimidated by Pop’s…unless if you count Aaron…then yeah, I have.

I was going to interrupt the little talk Pop’s was having with Jaiden. But I figured that I’d rather let my dad deal with it while I banged my head up against the wall for losing it so easily. This wall I’m talking about saying hello to my face with is rather sturdy and is not working on quenching the embarrassment that slowly filled me. Phft, slowly, yeah fucking right! It was like floodgates bursting open from too much pressure!

“I can’t believe I lost it in front of him! Out of everyone in the world, why was it him! Why?” Nearly squalled out not too long after Jaiden left with the door flying shut behind him. Aaron was behind me and put his hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me once more, but I didn’t want that right now. I wanted to continue hitting my head against the wall and lecture myself on controlling my girl-like emotions.

“Don’t worry, he won’t make you cry again. I made sure of it.” Ryan said standing not too far away from me while beaming proudly to a job well done. Great, so he scared Jaiden shitless, just what I needed. I just can’t wait for tomorrow to come when I have to deal with Jaiden in class and possibly go to his house again. That thought alone had me quaking in my high-tops. There was no way in hell that I would go to his house again with his sister there.

“Pop, what did you do to him?” Groaned out lightly while turning around. I ignored the slight throb of pain on my forehead, for it was a bit distracting. Which means it’s doing its job. Ryan shifted on his feet just a bit before giving me his award winning sadistic grin that would have him locked up in a mental hospital if they didn’t kick him out again for being too crazy. Let’s not go into that subject right now. On a side note: how does one even get kicked out of a mental hospital for being too crazy?

“I just told him not to make you cry again or else I’ll disembowel him before slitting his throat and throwing him in a grave.” I felt slight horror dawn down upon me like gods loving light rays. It poked at me mercilessly making me acknowledge it to their full potential.

“Pop, really! Are you serious? Great, now he’ll never come over again because your crazy ass threatened to murder him!” Ryan suddenly went very cold and rigid. Normally one would be very intimidated by him at this point, but I grew up with it, so I couldn’t careless.

“He made you cry. I’ll murder him if he does it again.” With that he disappeared to put away the food that was starting to warm up. I turned to Aaron; he gave me the look that clearly stated that he fully agreed with his other half. Great, this is just fantastic. Now I’ll never be able to get that prism done. I shook my head a bit and threaded my fingers through my fake tresses out of irritation. I looked back at Aaron whom was giving me this strange knowing look.

“What?” Snapped out under my breath to him. He shrugged lightly and smirked a bit before heading to the kitchen as well to help Ryan put away groceries. It was like he knew something that I didn’t. I gave up and just went to my room since practice was over anyway. I flopped down on my bed and rubbed my face with my palms and groaned deeply. What the hell was I going to say to him tomorrow? Fuck it, I’ll think of it when the time comes that I need to. Right now I’ll just take a shower, eat dinner, and go to bed early since I had nothing else to do.

The next day I walked to school with slight dread haunting my steps getting heavier with every step I made. I entered the school and looked around for a familiar asshole who may do one of the following. 1: Beat me up while spouting out how crazy my father is. 2: Just beat me up and walk away. 3: Be a coward and just avoid me all together since Ryan does tend to have that affect on people. I’m going for number two. I finally spotted the lightly bruised Jaiden down the hall with his ‘friends’ at his locker. I walked over to where he was warily,

“Jaiden.” Spoke making him seem to literally jump out of his fucking skin while spinning around on his heels now facing me.

“What!” My body tensed to his obviously shocked tone. His friend stopped talking amongst themselves and looked at Jaiden oddly before looking at me,

“Buzz off geek or we’ll pound your head.” Jaiden moved quickly snapping his locker shut and pushed out of his little group before pausing in front of me. Not a moment later he was nearly running down the hall. I stood there inwardly gaping. He was running from me!

“Jaiden, Jaiden hold up. You have our science project. Jaid- Tsk!” Stopping in my attempt to swim through the throngs of teenagers in the hall to catch the popular boy that people parted for almost immediately.

“Geek.” A girl said while passing me. I knew her somewhat. All I knew was that she’s the schools slut and one of Jaiden’s beck-and-call girl and that her name is Maggie.

“Thanks.” Snapped out at her. Taking out some of my annoyance with this entire situation on her. I tried to plot a route through the people in the hall to get to wherever Jaiden zoomed off to. I ignored Maggie completely when finding a set route. I didn’t care for her rosy red cheeks, or her dazzled brown eyes. I jogged down the set path and had to squeeze a little at the end there because some dick with a fat ass wouldn’t move even when asked politely.

I went down the length of another hall trying to find Jaiden, but it was a complete failure. I felt a spark of hope flare up when I saw a crowed of girls fawning. And there is only one reason for girls to fawn like that in this school. Jaiden was near or there. I quickened my pace and pushed a girl aside while looking in the little hole seeing…a janitors closet.

Pushing through completely I banged on the door, “Jaiden, Jaiden get out of there.” No response. “I know you’re in there Jaiden, there are girls fawning at the janitor’s closet.” Hearing a light curse from the other side knowing it was him.

“I wanted to apologize for my father’s words. He’s just over protective.” Which was true, Ryan was very overprotective of Aaron and I. Like crazy overprotective. “I’m sure he just exaggerated when he said he’d disembowel you, slit your throat, and bury you.” The girls that had been trying to get me away from the closet went quiet with wide owl like eyes. The door snapped open and I saw Jaiden standing there with somewhat wide eyes.

“He didn’t say that.”

“Really…he said he told me he said that to you…” Jaiden’s adam’s-apple bobbed lightly.

“Just stay away from me.” He pushed me aside and easily went through the throngs of teenagers again. I fucking hate this game, this game of cat and mouse. It just made my anger that I work so hard on controlling rear it’s damn head. I all but scowled to Jaiden’s back disappearing.

“Did you’re father really do that? That’s illegal you know. Threatening murder.” I ignored the girls expertly like I always do. Some stuff that comes out from their mouths is just so utterly stupid that it baffles me on how bad their stupidity can get. The bell rang and I sighed heavily while heading to history. In history Jaiden didn’t come at all. More of the day passed, and the lessons that Jaiden was supposed to be in, was not. When the school bell rang I nearly chased him out of the school.

“Jaiden, hold on- guh.” Stopping when Michael stepped in front of me and smiled, he was still bruised heavily.

“Hey Dai, could you help me out with a calculus problem? I’m stumped.” My shoulders heaved forward slightly as I watched Jaiden hop in his car and nearly left fire tracks to how fast he drove off.

“Yeah.”

After getting free of Michael’s clutches I decided, even if I sincerely didn’t want to, to go over Jaiden’s house and talk this over. He can’t run away from me in his own house…well he could, but- never mind. Anyway despite my gut telling me to get away from his house even if it was crawling away. Gisele was just that terrifying. Her hormones were not fucking normal. I was glad she went to an all girls’ school…it was probably best for public safety that she did go there. And by public, I mean safety for all the guys in public schools.

I pressed the button of the Braulio gate and waited for a response. I heard the static from the radio turning on finally,

“Yes?” I turned back and pressed the button again.

“It’s Sway, I’m here to finish my science project with Jaiden.” Stated to the voice I recognized as the butler. I heard a light whisper from the other end,

“Don’t let him in.” Was that…was that Jaiden? I heard the gate buzz lightly before it creaked open. I blinked a bit before continuing forward. I jogged up to the front porch as the door opened.

“I told you not let him in.” Jaiden hissed almost viciously before darting off down the hall.

“Jaiden this is ridiculous. Stop running from me. You’re being a baby.” Snapped nearly while chasing after him down the hall quickly finding out he wasn’t a quarterback for nothing. Jaiden has speed and stamina. But so did I. I ran behind him and stared at his tight jeans he wore to school cup his ass so…so good while running.

“Buzz off, I don’t want to deal with you.”

“We have a project to finish.” This damn game of catch me if you can was getting annoying. I bit down my annoyance once again and turned a corner going down a flight of stairs.

“I’ll finish it myself.” Jaiden quickly offered up and spun down a corner almost confusing me for a moment since it looked as if it blended in.

“You’ll destroy it before then. Why are you running from me?” Asked letting anger and something else I couldn’t really explain, slip through my bland tone. I didn’t like him running away from me. It…didn’t feel good? I slid to a stop when we came to the bottom of another set of stairs. My eyes met an underground football area? It wasn’t 100 yards, but it was pretty damn big! It had grass…perhaps fake. Carts of footballs, training gear. Like the tires on the ground, the weights that the front line uses, and so forth.

I gaped openly at it all before grabbing my scrambled brains and jaw off of the floor and ran after Jaiden once more. He had gained a good distance between us. Fuck, I hated this!

“Jaiden stop running from me!” Hissed at him almost half way down the…field? I spotted the footballs once more and almost slid to a complete stop when grabbing one. Dashing down the field to a reasonable distance between Jaiden and I and abruptly stopped. Math spun around in my head as I calculated the distance between us before throwing the ball as hard as I could.

The football left my hand and cut through the air like a heat seeker. The ball smacked the back of Jaiden’s head making Jaiden almost do a barrel roll to the hard floor. After rolling a few times his body came to a stop and didn’t move at all. Well, at least he isn’t running. I caught my breath quickly and let out a sigh before walking over to Jaiden and nudged him with my foot.

Super, now I’ll have to carry him up to his bedroom. I bit out a small stream of curses while pulling Jaiden’s dead weight over my shoulder and headed towards the staircase. Not noticing the entire time that Jase was in the training room watching with wide eyes.

I snorted a bit while walking up stairs. Who knew throwing the old cow skin around with Ryan as a kid would come in handy? Ah hell why did Jaiden have to weigh so much? This was like carrying a cow upstairs! I should just throw him down the staircase for running away with me. Or knock around the back of his head with the football some more till I felt better. Fucking bastard.

“God you weigh a ton. If your sister comes out of no where, I’m going to use you as a weapon and an immobilizing device.”
♠ ♠ ♠
W O R D S : 2 3 9 7

Yeah, don't bother me, bother Rebecca.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed it. I'm still getting into it...and I don't think I can revert back to my old writing style...sorry.

I want to thank you for your comments -

his.delirium Brain explosion! POW! Thanks dear for the comment! And here you go, an update! I hope I've made you laugh this time as well~

MusikalRayn I hope you got another great feeling ^o^ Thank you for the comment! We loved it!

Slash-a-holic It seems Rebecca made you very happy. Hopefully this makes you extra happy. Love your comments as always, thanks dear!

xXCan'tWakeUpXx Yay, I'm so happy you like it so far! And hopefully that continues! Yes, a victim of long waiting is unavoidable due to college for Rebecca and some issues with school for me too. Anyway thank you for your subscription and comment!