Love The Way You Lie

a 67 impala

As soon as I walked in the door, my dad appeared, looking really pleased with himself. “Hey sweetie, do you still want an Impala?” he asked me, I felt my grin starting to grow as he spoke. “Yeah, Did you find one?” I asked, getting a nod and a massive grin in return. “Yeah. You know the guy I’m playing drums for? Well he has one.” Dad told me, I felt my blood run cold. My dad played drums for Brian’s dad. “When do you wanna go see it?” my dad asked, not noticing how uneasy I was. “I have a show tonight” I told him, “Get ready and we’ll go and see it before you go” my dad replied, turning away. With a sigh, I went to get ready.

As my dad pulled into the Hanner’s drive way, I felt as if I really was going to pass out, cos throwing a basketball around was none other than Brian, Matt, Jimmy, Zack and Johnny. “You ok princess?” my dad asked, obviously picking up on my apprehension. I swallowed and gave a nod, forcing a smile for my dad’s benefit. I opened the door and climbed out, getting all the boy’s attention as Brian’s dad came out. There was more than one jaw hovering above the ground as my I trailed after my dad.

“Hey Aiden.” Mr. Hanner said as he and my dad shook hands. “And this must be Blair. Your dad talks highly of you” He said, turning to me, and I shook his hand with a genuine smile. “He talks quite highly of you as well Mr. Hanner” I replied, “Please call me Papa Gates Blair, nearly everyone does” Papa Gates said, with a smile, I nodded and followed my Dad and Papa gates as he lead the way over to the massive garage, which meant walking past the boys, who just watched me silently. Really fucking creepy.

I glanced back at Brian as his dad opened one of the doors on the garage, and understanding dawned on his face. “No way, you can’t sell the Impala to her. It’s a guy’s car” Brian snapped, looking pisses. “Well, the money from the Impala is gonna buy you your Camero” His Dad told him, “What’s she want with…..” I cut him off “Oh... My ... Fucking... God! A 67 Chev” I squealed, Papa Gates laughed. “Yeah, your dad mentioned you’d been looking for one since you got your license” I grinned and nodded, passing my dad my purse before walking around to the hood and popping it open to look inside. It basically looked brand new.

“So Blair, is it good enough?” My dad asked as I shut the hood. “Yeah, You must have rebuilt this from scratch Papa Gates” I said, directing the last bit at Brian’s Dad. “What makes you say that?” He asked “Well, it doesn’t look used, so either you rebuilt it or it’s been sitting in here since 1967” I replied, taking my purse from my dad as I spoke. Papa Gates laughed “You were right Aiden, She does know cars” Papa gates told my dad, I grinned proudly, noticing the guys were all staring at me in disbelief. “Well Blaire, I just rebuilt the engine about a month ago and it hasn’t left the garage since” Papa gates told me, fishing the keys out of his pocket and handing them to me, behind him, Brian looked livid. I couldn’t help but notice that Johnny had a smug look on his face, but was quick to hide it when Matt looked at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey, looks like I'm on a roll, Two chapters in under an hour.
Blair's outfit