Love The Way You Lie

Feeling rejected

I was wandering through the crowd after the show, pausing to talk to fans who wanted my attention, putting on a face, even though my attention was miles away. I just couldn’t get Zack out of my head and it was driving me nuts. I wanted so bad to be mad at him, but all I could muster was hurt. I think that’s what was driving me crazy. When someone grabbed my arm, I looked up with a smile, only to have it fall as I saw Jimmy was the one with a grip on my arm. “I didn’t know you could play that well” he said as he pulled me closer. I eyed him up with apprehension as I was dragged closer to him. “What do you want?” I asked, glancing past him, to where Matt stood, barely a few meters away. “I wanted to say good show.” Jimmy told me, l stared up at him suspiciously. “Right……. Why are you really here?” I asked, stepping back and getting ready to run. Jimmy sighed “I made Matt come with me to see how good your band was, I mean, we were supposed to be playing here tonight, but we got dropped so you guys could play, so I guess I was kinda curious. Me and Matt just wanted to say good show.” Jimmy told me, in what seemed to be one breath.

I glanced back to where Matt was standing and scowled. “Well I don’t want your congratulations. We both know they’re phony” I snapped, spinning away, only to run into Kai, who was hovering behind me with our bodyguard Jasper. “You alright Blair?” Jasper asked, I shrugged and brushed past him, knowing he would follow me. One glance over my shoulder showed me a surprised looking Jimmy. I shrugged and pushed through the crowd in the direction of the merch table, my thoughts once again turning to Zacky’s rejection. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get it out of my head. I slipped behind the table to give Ali and Nikki a hand, and unfortunately the first person I turned to serve was none other than Zacky Baker. I glared at him “What the fuck do you want” I snarled, getting surprised looks from everyone within hearing range. “Well, I did want a shirt and cd, but half an hour of your time was also up near the top of my list” he said, searching my face for any sign of softening “Why?” I asked, a giant frown on my lips. “I wanna try to apologise and explain my reaction” He told me, the tone of his voice begging me to give him a chance. “Blair, just give him a chance” Johnny said, appearing behind Zack. “Fine. What shirt?” I asked, with a resigned sigh. “Um, the black and purple logo” Zacky said, pointing to the one he wanted “Size?” I asked, turning towards the box with that design in. “Large” Zacky said as Johnny said “Medium”. I looked over my shoulder and raised an eye brow , getting grins from both boys. I shook my head as I pulled the requested sizes from the box and picked up two CDs. “That’s $25” I said, placing them in front of the boys. “I’m assuming that’s each?” Zacky asked, his eyes following Leigh as she came to stand beside me. I nodded as Johnny handed me the money. A minute later, Zacky did the same. “Take over for me Leigh” I muttered, slipping past her and Jasper, motioning for the boys to follow me.

When I got outside, I turned to face Zack. “Alright. Start talking cos you only have ten minutes” I told him, folding my arms. “Look Blair, I’m sorry how I reacted, I just…. I never thought it’d be you. I barely gave a thought to it. I mean…. I never thought you’d use the name Brian and Matt call you. I’m so, so sorry, I never meant to upset you. Can you give me another chance?” he asked, a begging look in his eyes. I glared at him for a long moment “Why should i?” I asked, my voice low. “Cos I’m not the complete asshole you seem to think I am” Zacky said, giving me a small, unsure smile. “I’ll let you know” I told him, before shoving past him and going back inside.

I slipped behind the merch table and took up residence next to Leigh. “So, what did they want?” Leigh asked. I shrugged, “he wants a second chance” I replied, smiling at one of our fans. “You gonna give him one?” she asked me, as we both went to grab merch from the boxes against the wall. “I don’t know yet” I replied with a shrug. Leigh just nodded and let it go, but I knew this wasn’t the last I’d heard of the conversation.

**Zacky’s PoV**
I stood with Johnny, just watching the girls sell their merch. “You know, I don’t think I’ve seen a band get behind the merch table and sell their own gear.” Johnny said, I nodded, we sure as hell didn’t, we left that all to Val. “So… you gonna do what Brian wants?” Matt asked as he came over to us. I looked at him and shrugged. “Or are you gonna do the stupid thing and fall in love” I heard Johnny mutter under his breath. I shrugged again, not entirely sure myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's taken me so long to update, had a new storie i've been working on. hopefully i'm able to write more for this one. let me know what you guys think- Purdy Girl