This Heart Still Feels

This Heart Still Feels-91

"Well here we are!" Dan announced as he kicked the hotel room door open. I grasped my arms around his neck as he carried me in,

"Wow," I awed at the room, "This is pretty fancy,"

"Only the best hotel in London," Dan smiled as he set me down on the bed, "For my beautiful wife,"

"Wife," I repeated my new acknowledgement, "Wow, it's going to take awhile to get used to that,"

He leaned over me and held me by the chin, "Trust me, I've gotten used to it already," he bent over a softly brushed his lips across mine, "I love you so much,"

I held onto his hand, "I love you, too," I whispered and reached up for a deeper kiss. My gaze wondered offpast his shoulders to our belongings,"You want to unpack?"

Dan looked over to the pile of stuffed bags and shook his head, "Naw," he said, "What for? We're only staying for the night until we get to our honeymoon resort. Besides," He kissed me again, "It leaves us more time to do other things," he kissed my cheek and soon I felt his lips wander down to my neck.

"What was that?" I asked as a loud bang rolled,

Dan shot his head up, "Probably just the thunder,"

"Thunder!" I exclaimed as I leaped off the bed just as Dan leaned in,

He stared at me bewildered, "You're not afraid of a little thunder, are you?"

I pulled at the curtains of the window and stared agape at the pouring rain that was taking place outside, "Oh my god!" I gandered in amazement, "It's pouring out there!"

Dan stood up and watched behind me, "I'll say," he agreed, "It's like a waterfall out there,"

"I have to change," I snapped past him to my bag,

Dan turned to my direction, "Change for what?"

"Well I'm certainly not going to go out there in my wedding dress," I told him as I unzipped the zipper on my dress,

"And you are going out into the rain, why?"

"Because," I muffled through the T-shirt I was sliding into, "It's good luck to have rain on the day of your wedding," I poked my head through the hole and pulled the shirt down all the way, "And I'm going to go embrace the good luck we've been blessed with,"

"And where did you hear that?" Dan asked with his arms crossed as I began to pull my jeans up,

I shrugged, "I don't remember," I drew the zipper up, "but I heard it somewhere." I looked back up with a grin, "Besides, I love dancing out in a rainpour. Especially at this time of night,"

Dan gave a hesitant look, but then smiled and kissed my head, "Go have fun, weirdo," He laughed,

I grinned up at him and gave him a brief kiss, "I won't be long, I promise," I gave him my word before I raced out the door.

***

As soon as I pushed open the hotel doors, I instantly felt the streams of rain fall onto my face. Normally at this time of night it would be almost pitch black, but because of the hotel lights it made it seem like it was nearly dawn. Standing out in the middle of the grass, I leaned my head back and allowed the rain to fall onto my face, washing any leftover stresses away.

"Enjoying yourself?" Someone spoke from behind me,

I snapped around and was relieved to see that it was only Dan, "Thank god," I let out a sigh,

"What?" Dan asked stepping forward, "Who did you think it was?"

"No one," I told him. I took a better glance at him and realized that he had changed as well. Thank heavens, I thought, That tux cost a fortune, "What are you doing out here anyway? I thought you were staying inside,"

He shrugged, "I did," he said, "But I thought if my wife is going to get herself soaked, I might as well get wet with her,"

I laughed, "You're a goofball,"

Dan stepped up and raised my hand, "'Til death do us part, right?"

I couldn't help but smile, "Right," With my free hand I reached up and messed up Dan's now soaked hair, "Did I ever tell you how sexy you look when you're wet?"

"Never really thought of it," he responded, "But I'll take your word for it,"

Instantaneously I wrapped my arm around his neck into the most lustful kiss I could give. He seemed surprised at first, but soon gave in and kissed me back

"What was that for?" Dan asked when we pulled apart,

"Just because I love you," I shrugged, "And I've never kissed anyone in the rain before,"

Dan didn't respond. Instead he just grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into another long kiss. Automatically my arms went up his chest and then around his neck. I grasped the back of his neck, and in response he tilted his head ever so slightly, sliding his tongue inside my mouth. This kiss was like no other; There was so much more passion and hunger in it than any other. More sparks seemed to fly than almost any other time. Pulling apart, I tried to think of the last time he had ever kissed me like that. However, when I looked into his eyes, I finally remembered. Then again, how could I forget; there was only one other time.

"Dan," I finally whispered, "Let's go back inside,"
♠ ♠ ♠
yes I know, I'm finally updating again. sorry for the delay. writiers block is worse than pms