Status: slowly active

My Life With You

Explanations

Dan and Burt had explained all of the legal matters, and they had also explained why they had kept it a secret from us for all these years. They said that they wanted us to, "grow up as normal kids," and not become the two new, "Paris Hiltons." They also explained how we were half-sisters, and not cousins. That's why we looked so much alike. We both had the same father, but we had different mothers. Mari and I almost flipped when we heard that. Turns out all of the Jonas boys had known about the business, but they were totally surprised when they figured out we were sisters. Davey and Jack had known about the sister thing, but not the business. It seemed like everyone was in on something except for Mari and I. Oh, and of course Jess and Rissa. They didn’t know anything about it at all.

"So, you're saying that you trusted Joe to keep a secret?" I asked Dan.

We were walking out of the restaurant. It turns out Joe and I thought a lot alike, and we both had started out in the middle and ended up both landing on Loco Moco's. He liked his a lot, and I of course loved mine. It was hard to enjoy it with all of the surprises that had come today, though. I had definitely had better birthdays.

Dan laughed. "Yeah. Joe's actually good at keeping secrets. He's a spazz, but what can you do with a twenty year old boy that's addicted to sugar?" I laughed and he looked at his feet, I could tell he was ashamed. "I really wanted to tell you, but I couldn't because of the will. The worse part about the whole thing was having watch you and Mari grow up in different houses. You two always loved each other like sisters, and for that I was glad." He looked me in the eyes. "I'm so sorry, Sophie, for everything. You're like the daughter I never got to have."

I smiled at him through tears. "And you're the daddy I never knew." Dan's eyes glistened, and I knew that he was fighting tears.

By now we were outside of the restaurant, and waiting for the limo to take us back to the house. The Jonas boys were signing stuff, and everyone else was talking in their own groups.

"Can I have a hug?" I asked, holding out my arms to Dan.

"Of course, sweetie."

He scooped me up and held me in his arms like a baby. He was extremely strong. I smiled at him and said. "Okay, unc, you can put me down now."

"Sure thing, Soph,"

I saw the evil glint in his eye, and yelled just as he threw me over to Nick's arms. "No! Uncle don't!"

By that time Nick had already caught me. "You know, you're surprisingly light for someone who just got thrown five feet in the air."

"Shut up and put me down, Jonas." I said, whacking his arm.

"But I like holding you." He whined. "You smell nice."

"But, Nicholas, I am your boss." I smiled. This whole boss thing had some great things going for it. "And I will fire you if you don't put me down."

"Sorry, Sophie, but you don't exactly have that privilege yet…" Joe said to me gleefully. "So that means we don't have to do what you say."

"This sucks." I pouted and crossed my arms. Mari came up to Nick's side and copied my position. Nick laughed at her, and his grip on me tightened. I could tell he wasn't letting go soon. "I'm a freaking billionaire, but I can't even tell my minions what to do!"

I threw my arms up in the air and hit Nick in the face, causing him to grab his face and drop me.

"Haha!" I ran and hid behind Joe. "Got you!"

Nick glared as Joe and I high-fived, so we stuck out tongues out at him and hopped into the limo. It turned out that all of the kids were in the same limo, including Kevin.

"Why do I have to be in the KID limo?" Kevin asked, looking at me.

"Well…do you really want to be with all the stinky parents?" I asked. I knew he was just putting up a fuss because he wanted to be called a grown-up, but he would way rather be hanging out with us.

"When you put it that way, I would rather be with you." Kevin blushed when he realized he had said YOU, and not YOU GUYS. "Like, you guys are way funner than them." He said, covering up his mistake.

I smiled. "Of course we are, silly!" I said, slapping him playfully. "With Joe and I you will never lack for fun."

Kevin laughed. "Yeah, I learned that the hard way when I was born." He muttered.

I laughed and kissed him on the cheek. "You're a really nice guy, Kev," I whispered,

His face turned bright red, and when I turned around I saw that everyone in the limo was staring at Kevin and I. Joe and Nick's jaws were dropped, and I could tell that they were jealous. I rolled my eyes at them and turned back to Kevin who was sitting next to me.

"So…you want to go hiking with me when we get back home?" I asked. We lived in Manoa, so there was a great hiking place at the end of our valley.

"Um…" Kevin started. I could tell he was worried about what my uncle's would want.

"Oh, don't worry about my uncle's." I smiled, and his face relaxed. "They don't really care what I do, as long as I stay out of trouble. That means no hanging out with Joe…he is DJ Danger after all." I winked at Joe, who was sitting on the other side of me, and he smirked.

"That's my name. Don't wear it out." He told me, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I love you!" I squealed. "You're so funny!"

All of the boys looked at me with shock. "You what?"

"I love him…?" I asked warily.

"She means as a friend, guys." Mari piped in. The boys relaxed.

"Psh." Rissa whacked Joe. "She doesn't even know you well enough to like you that way, silly!"

He blushed. "Well, you just said love and for my family the world love is very important." He looked up at me and his eyes met mine. "We only use it for very special people."

"Oh." I blushed. "Sorry, guys. I'll be careful in the way I use the 'l' word."

"Good." Nick said seriously.

There was an awkward silence, and Rissa Mari and I looked at each other warily. Jessica had to stay at work and none of us knew what to say to the boys. Rissa rolled down the window and stuck her head out.

"Hey guys we're almost home!" She yelled, her butt in Joe's face as she balanced herself.

"Umph!" Joe's mouth was full of her dress. "Get your freaking butt out of my face you crazy!" He yelled, pushing her away.

Her skirt flew up and she flashed everyone her black, skimpy boy short style launderet and blushed when she came back up.

"Nobody saw that….right?" She asked nervously.

"Sure, Riss." I shook my head, smiling. "Whatever you say."
♠ ♠ ♠
I totally revamped the story. I didn't like how she kissed him so soon, so I'm going to draw it out a little more. Sorry.

Hope you liked it!

MARIAH :)