Status: check out the sequel. (:

A Summer to Remember

Vingt-deux.

We had about a hour before we had to go to the venue for our show. I took a little nap, but I was soon awoken by Nathan poking me.

“Sarah, wake up! Wake up! I need help.” He said to me. I groaned, and sat up. I rubbed my eyes, and yawned.

“With what?” I asked.

“Clothes,” he said. “I’ve worn everything before.” I laughed at him, and got up.

“Okay, lemme see.” I said. He pointed to his suitcase. I dug through it, trying to avoid his underwear. Every time he saw boxers, he got really embarrassed and tried to grab them before I touched it.

“Dude, chill. I do my brother’s laundry. Nothing bugs me anymore.” I told him. I pulled out some black jeans. “Okay, these will work.” I kept digging through. Man this boy had a lot of clothes. I found a grey v-neck and a black vest. “Here ya go,” I said as I handed him the clothes.

“Thanks,” he said. He walked into the bathroom to change. While I was waiting for my turn, I tried to find something to wear. I pulled out grey skinny jeans, and a blue v neck t-shirt that had Mickey and Minnie Mouse on it. When Nathan was done, I walked into the large bathroom, and changed. I straightened my hair with my flat iron, and put on some make up. I didn’t put on a lot; just some foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. When I was finished, I walked back into the room. Zach was sitting on the bed, on his laptop.

“There you are!” he said to me with a smile on his face. I walked over to him, and leaned down for a kiss. He gave me a quick peck on the lips, and I stood back up. I looked around the room, and Nathan was looking kind of down. I walked over to him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him. Besides Zach, I was closest to Nathan. He was my best friend. I really cared about him.

“I need some advice,” he said cautiously.

“Okay… With what?” I asked, trying to pry. Nathan was fiddling with the bracelet on his wrist.

“Girls,” he said looking down. Well, this was interesting.

“Okay, spill.” I said excitedly.

“Well,” he said slowly, tapping his foot. “There’s this girl I like. She’s really cool.”

“Do I know her?” I asked. He was acting like he was nervous, and I didn’t know why. He could trust me.

“Yeah, you do actually. But I don’t know what to do about it,” he said looking up into my eyes.

“Tell her. Simple as that.” I said looking in his eyes. “Girls rarely tell a guy how she feels unless he says something first.”

“Okay, I will. Thanks, Sarah.” Nathan said to me smiling. He grabbed my hand, and squeezed it. He stood up, and walked out of the room.

“What was that about?” Zach called across the room.

“Oh, nothing. Nate just wanted some advice.” I replied. I stood up, and walked over to Zach. I sat down next to him, and laid my head on his shoulder. I breathed in his scent; a mixture of shampoo, cologne, soap, and cinnamon.

“You smell really good,” I gushed at Zach. He chuckled.

“Thanks, I try.” He joked. “But no really, you smell good.” He leaned down, and smelled my head. He put his laptop down, and hugged me. I could feel his biceps flex, and Zach leaned down to kiss my head. I looked up, and kissed his lips.

Nathan walked into our room. “Hey guys, we got to” he started to yell. He noticed us, and Zach and I quickly pulled apart. “Oh. Sorry. But we got to go.” He said awkwardly. His face was in a frown, and he ran his fingers through his dreads. He stood there for a moment just staring at us. “Okay,” he said. He quickly walked out of the room, and slammed the door behind him.

“Well, that was awkward.” Zach said breaking the silence that Nathan created.

“Yeah,” I agreed. We stood up, and walked out the door. We walked outside to the van, and we climbed inside. Nathan was in the way, way back. He looked grumpy, and sad. I frowned, and buckled my seat belt.

Soon, we got to the venue, and got ready for soundtrack. However, no matter how much I tried, I couldn’t help but wonder why Nathan was so upset.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, please tell me what you think. What's going to happen? Why do you think Nathan is all sad and stuff? What could I do to improve my writing? What could I do to improve the story?

I didn't get all of my subscribers, but I wanted to post this. I have start school again tomorrow, so I probably won't post for a few days.

I need 8 comments before I'll update! :D

Read my other stories! A Different Side of Me and A Typical Love Story!

Follow me on twitter! @sarahishere13