Status: check out the sequel. (:

A Summer to Remember

Vingt-trois.

The venue was a bar, just like the last one. The main room was huge, and a bar stretched along the entire wall. It was dimly lit, and smelled like smoke, and alcohol. The stage was large, but not far off of the ground. When Zach stood in front of me on the ground, while I was standing on the stage, he was still taller than me.

“Shorty,” he teased. “Shorty Sarah, that’s your new name.”

“You’re just lucky they’re aren’t too many adjectives that start with Z.” I said. “Otherwise you would have an embarrassing nickname too.” Zach paused, and his face froze.

After a minute, he said, “Zesty, Zany, Zipped, Zigzag, Zooming, Zippy, Zestful, Zingy, just to name a few.” He winked at me, and jumped back on stage.

“Okay then, from now on your Zesty Zach.” I told him.

“Whatever you say, Shorty Sarah.” He joked. He walked over to me, and pulled me into his arms.

“I love you,” I told him.

“Yeah, yeah, I know. Everybody does.” Zach laughed. I pushed him away, and laughed.

“Yeah, SOMEONE’S conceited, and it’s not me.” I told him, giggling. He put on a funny face, pretending to be offended.

“Well, than. I don’t know what to say to that. I guess I just won’t give you your surprise.” He told me.

“Surp rise?” I asked.

“Yuup!” he said imitating Michael. He walked off the stage, and went to go talk to Michael. I ran away to go find Cameron. I wondered around backstage, unable to find anybody. I was just about to give up when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into a closet. It was dark, and it smelled like old man. I had no idea who grabbed me. I was freaking out, and screaming. I kept trying to get away.

“Chill out, It’s just me,” A male voice said as the light flipped on. In front of me, was Nathan.

“What are you doing?” I asked warily. “And why are we standing in a closet?”

“I just, I just wanted to tell you something.” He said nervously.

“Okay, what?” I asked, getting impatient. I really wanted to go find Cameron. I had promised to help him with a Youtube video he wanted to make.

“It’s just that, Sarah, I think you’re awesome. And I really like you. Like more than friends.” He said slowly. I froze. Did that just happen?

“Nathan, I don’t know what to say.” I said slowly, trying to think of the perfect words. “I love Zach. And you know that.” His face fell, and dreads fell in front of his eyes.

“Yeah, I thought you would say that.” He mumbled.

“I’m sorry,” I told him. I grabbed his hand, and squeezed it. “I love you Nathan. But you’re like my brother.” I wrapped my arms around his muscular torso. He hugged back, and we stayed like that for a few minutes. I pulled away. I opened the door, and walked back into the hallway.

I found Cameron in a little room down the hallway.

“Sorry I’m late. I had something to take care of.” I apologized. He gave me a weird look, but didn’t say anything back. I sat down in a chair beside him.

“Okay, so this is what we are doing.” Cameron told me. He went into an in depth explanation of what the video was about. He was his typical silly, yet hilarious videos. We were just getting ready to start filming when Michael walked in.

“What’s up babygirl” He said to me. “We gotta go to soundcheck.” Cameron groaned.

“I really wanted to film this,” Cameron said sadly.

“We’ll finish it later,” I promised him. Cameron, Michael and I walked down the hallway, and onto the stage. Zach, and Nathan were already there. I walked over to the keyboard, and started playing random songs. I played the song “Blue,” by Eiffel 65.

“Yo listen up here's a story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees
Is just blue like him inside and outside
Blue his house with a blue little window
And a blue corvette
And everything is blue for him and hisself
And everybody around
Cos he ain't got nobody to listen to

I'm blue da ba dee da ba die...” They all sang along.

“THAT WAS AWESOME!” Cameron yelled. “CAN WE PLAY THAT TONIGHT?”

We all agreed that we should play it that night. I couldn’t wait; it was one of my favorite songs to play.

The rest of sound check was uneventful. We all kept getting distracted by everything. When we were done, I pulled Nathan aside.

“Are you going to tell Zach, or shall I?” I asked.

“Tell Zach what?” Zach asked as he walked over to us. Nathan looked at me urgently, and shook my head.

“Nathan, you tell him, or I will.” I demanded.

“Tell Zach what??” Zach asked again. Nathan shifted his weight, and uneasily looked up.

“Don’t hurt me bro, but I like Sarah a lot. But she doesn’t like me back. So, it’s cool.” Nathan said. Zach froze, and this look came over his face. I couldn’t decipher what it meant, and I was kind of scared.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a few days.

Please comment! I have 36 subscribers. If every one of you commented, I think I would be the happiest girl in the world.

I want at least 6 comments until I update.

I have 5 stars.. Can we make it 6? I only need 9 more subscribers until I get 6 stars!

Check out my other stories. Follow me on twitter!: @sarahishere13