Status: check out the sequel. (:

A Summer to Remember

Vingt-quatre.

Zach’s Point of View

“Sarah, could you give us a minute?” I asked calmly. Her hazel eyes darted between the two of us, unsure if she should leave. She took a deep breath before spinning on the heel of her converse, and walking away. I watched her hips sway. She turned around a corner and disappeared out of sight.

Once I was positive she was out of hearing distance, I turned to Nathan.

“You like her?” I asked him.

“Yeah,” he answered, looking down. I sighed.

“You should have told me first,” I said calmly.

“I know,” Nathan said glumly. He walked over to a chair, and sat down. Right then and there, I decided that Sarah telling him she loves me was hard enough.

“No hard feelings man,” I said walking over to him. I pulled a chair next to him, and sat down. “Now, if you weren’t Nathan, I’d be mad. But I can’t be mad at you.”

Nathan looked up at me with sad eyes. I could tell his heart was broken. “You don’t have to worry,” he told me. “She really does love you.” My heart tightened. I felt really bad for Nathan, but lucky that I got such an amazing girl.

“Come on,” I said standing up. “Let’s get some cheetos.” Nathan unwillingly pulled himself to his feet, and we walked into the hallway. Directly opposite the door was Sarah sitting on the floor. Her cheeks were tear stained and her long brown hair fell in front of her eyes.

Hearing our footsteps, she looked up. Her face immediately brightened when she saw our somewhat cheerful expressions. She jumped up, and scrambled over to us, attacking us with a hug.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so glad that you guys are okay! I felt so bad, and I was afraid you guys would hate each other, and me,” she gushed quickly. Tears started running down her cheeks again.

“We could never hate you,” Nathan told her. Her face broke out into a grin. It revealed her perfect teeth, straight after years of braces.

“Come on,” I said grabbing her hand. “We should get to the VIP meet and greets.”

“I’m going to go fix my makeup. Don’t want to embarrass you guys,” she told me, letting go of my hand. I laughed at her, and shook my head.

“You could never embarrass us. You are beautiful just the way you are, even with mascara all over her face.” I told her, looking into her eyes. She smiled, and her cheeks turned pink. She leaned in, and gave me a kiss. My mind got dizzy and numb, and my lips tingled. She pulled away, and pushed me.

“Okay, but really. I’ll meet you there later.” She told me. She turned around, and strolled down the hallway. I walked down the hallway a few feet, and opened the door. I could see dozens of teenage girls waiting to meet me. Even though they were all beautiful, Sarah was really the only one who I truly loved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's short. It happens.

Please comment! I got 7 comments on the last chapter, and I couldn't be happier! :D
I'll update when I get 6 comments! (:
Read my other stories!
Follow me on twitter! @sarahishere13