Remembering Sunday

Take me back to the beginning

It’d been 2 weeks since I went out for lunch with Alex and Bailey got mad at me, she had got me helping her with some of her work so I barely have any free time and when I do see Alex her and Jack are there.

It doesn’t bother us though; being around him makes me feel like I’m back in high school again and I love that feeling.

We were at the park when we both looked over at the swings and I laughed, Jack and Bailey stared confused as Alex walked over sitting on the swing.

I followed along with the others as he stood up on the swing.

“You could fall” I teased and he laughed.

“Maybe a pretty girl will give me sympathy” he replied and I smiled.

I was 15 and in this park with a friend when a boy stood on the swing lost his balance and fell flat on his face, everyone laughed but I made sure he was okay.

That was the first time I met Alex; “7 years ago I literally fell for you,” he said as he jumped down and we all laughed.

“It hurt but you were worth it” he added as he wrapped his arm round my shoulder and I hugged him.

Everything about him brought back a memory; his tattoo reminded me of when he got it and he squeezed my fingers so tight I thought he’d break them, the mark on his neck where he burnt himself straightening his hair at my house all them years ago leaving the permanent scar. His body next to mine reminded me of all the times he’d held me close.

“I loved you so much” he said quietly as I nodded and he kissed the top of my head.

For that tiny second his lips were on me I felt different, like nothing mattered because he was there.

I felt happy; it felt like home.

Bailey must’ve sensed the change because she made an excuse and dragged me off making me say bye to them both.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I keep changing points of view