Remembering Sunday

This has got to stop

We’d been back at the office an hour doing overtime when Jack rang to say he was coming to see me.

Greg walked in to bring us something to eat and I felt a sharp pang of guilt, no matter how happy Greg made Lexi it was never as happy as Alex made her.

Since Alex had been back she’d been so happy, the mention of his name and she smiled, when he was around the old Lexi was back.

The girl who didn’t care what people thought and was always happy and I knew that was because of Alex.

Jack walked in introducing himself to Greg and dragged me outside, “I’m out! I’m not doing this anymore!” he said and I dragged him away so Lexi and Greg wouldn’t hear.

“I am not stopping them being friends, they’re different when they’re together” he snapped and I nodded.

“Remember how happy they were, how much they loved each other? How can you want to stop that?” he asked and I chewed at my fingers.

“I don’t want her getting hurt,” I said.

“And you think Alex would ever hurt her again? Do what you want but I’m not doing it anymore” he said walking off.

I ran after him “Okay I know he makes her happy but she has Greg now” I snapped.

“He knows that” he replied as he walked down the stairs.

“What if Alex starts getting feelings for her?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Jack he chose you guys over her that day!” I shouted as he walked down the stairs not really caring if she heard us.

“You don’t know the full story” he shouted back as he walked out of view.