Remembering Sunday

Keep Me Safe Inside Your Arms Like Towers

I ran outside followed by Greg “Lexi, what are you doing out?” he asked.

“What am I doing out? What the fuck was you doing?” I shouted and he looked down at his feet.

I heard a bang as the door opened and Alex, Jack, Rian, Zack and Bailey all came out.

They all looked worried about me but Alex looked like he'd kill Greg given the chance, if he thought I'd let him. The look in his eyes was pure hatred but he held it in and his gaze fell on me.

“I…” Greg started but he trailed off.

“You what Greg?” I asked feeling angry and upset.

“I didn’t realize you were out” he stated.

“Oh well I’m sorry Greg I can see now how this is all my fault” I spat back and I saw Jack smile at my sarcasm.

“No I was doing that for you” Greg said and I looked back shocked.

“For me! How could that ever be for me?” I shouted.

“I was doing it to make sure I loved you, I wanted to propose to you but Bailey said to make sure we really loved each other first so I thought if I kissed someone else I’d know” he said and I shook my head.

“Go away Greg!” I shouted and he stood still.

“No you…” he started but I cut him off.

“Bailey meant make sure we both felt the same way, she didn’t mean go kiss someone to check” I snapped cutting him off and he opened his mouth to talk again.

“Stop Greg just stop nothing you say will make a difference” I replied and I bit my lip to stop myself crying.

Greg touched my shoulder and I moved away from him but he kept trying and I slowly found myself backing into the brick wall opposite, he went to grab my arm but Alex grabbed me pulling me into him.

“Dude stay out of this,” snapped Greg and I wrapped my arms round Alex as I started to cry burying my face in his chest feeling safe, I felt him stroke my head.

“Lexi don’t cry it’s okay” Alex whispered.

“Lexi please you’ve got to understand,” shouted Greg.

“No you’ve got to leave, she’s told you to go, now go before I make you,” snapped Alex.

“Lexi?” asked Greg.

“Go away Greg, you wanted to know if we were right well you got your answer. No we’re not now go I never want to see you again!” I shouted.

“Leave” said Alex and I heard Greg turn round as the others ran over giving me a group hug.

“Come on let’s go home” said Bailey as I kept hold of Alex.

“I live with Greg” I said and she paused.

“You can come with me?” she suggested.

“Yeah come on Alex I think it’s time we all went home” said Jack grabbing Alex’s shoulder pulling him away but I wouldn’t let go.

“Lexi come on,” Bailey said but I refused to let go.

I loved Bailey, she was my best friend but she couldn’t stop me crying, not like Alex could. He could make me cry but he always managed to make me smile too and no matter how much he’d hurt me I felt safe with him.

He was the one that had made Greg leave.

“Do you want to stay with me?” whispered Alex and I nodded, I heard them all whisper and then I heard Bailey and Jack sigh in agreement.

“Okay” the both said.

“Right we’re going home Lexi, you stay at Alex’s and we’ll come see you in the morning” said Bailey and I nodded.

I heard Bailey whisper “I swear Alex if you do anything” she threatened.

“Bailey shut up like I’m that guy anyway, but you know I’d never do that to her” he whispered back and I heard the anger in him.

“Yeah well just remember that, don’t go taking advantage” she snided at him.

“Bailey shut up, do you really think after everything this is what she needs right now? No so go home and let me look after her because it’s obvious that’s what she wants,” he snapped at her.

I heard Jack reassure Bailey as they walked off.
♠ ♠ ♠
:\ Is it a good idea for them to stay together ?