Remembering Sunday

You can keep the dog we bought

I never let go of Alex all the way back to his apartment, he stopped outside his door pushing me off him “Look you have to smile before you can come in here” he said and I shook my head.

“Smile, okay don’t smile then but don’t look so sad” he said and I rolled my eyes wiping the tears from my face.

He opened the door taking me in with him, he whistled and I heard something move.

I looked at where the noise was coming from and my eyes widened as I saw Lou and he ran at me jumping up. I sat down hugging him and he licked my face as Alex laughed.

For Alex’s 18th birthday I got him something he’d always wanted, a puppy. He named him Lou because my mom always called me Lexi-Lou as a nickname and he took him when he went to work on the album in California to remind him of home.

“Lou!” I shouted and Alex sat down next to me.

“I didn’t know if you still had him and I didn’t want to ask before in case anything bad had happened to him,” I explained as I hugged the cute Beagle that was Lou.

“Nope I still have him, he stayed with some friends while we moved everything over here and then he’s been in quarantine since” he explained as I smiled scratching Lou’s belly.

He laid in my lap resting his head on Alex’s legs and Alex smiled “He’s missed his mommy, he never gets this excited over anyone else” he said and I smiled.

“I missed him,” I admitted and he laughed putting his arm round me.

“I remember when I went back to California and I was really upset, he never left my side and whenever someone said your name he’d bark for ages, he’s 5 this year,” he said and I nodded as I stroked Lou.

“If you’d cried when you came in here he’d have been upset” Alex stated and I smiled.

“Alex he’s a dog” I laughed and he smiled.

“He’s like our child Lexi, I guess you didn’t get fair custody” he joked and I laughed at him rolling my eyes.

“No I’m taking you to court!” I joked back resting my head on his shoulder.

“You tired?” he asked and I nodded, he picked Lou up and stood up pulling me up as well.

“There’s a problem, I only have one bedroom so I’ll sleep on the couch” he said.

“No I’ll sleep on the couch,” I said and he shook his head.

“Your not sleeping on the couch” he stated.

“Well I’m not kicking you out your bed” I replied and he laughed as we walked into his room.

We both looked at each other and then the double bed “I guess if you wanted to we could, you know, share?” he suggested and I looked down unsure of what to do.

“No it’s okay I’ll sleep on the couch” I said quietly and he shook his head.

”Alexis your not sleeping on the couch! Either I sleep on the couch or we share the bed? I really don’t mind sharing it’s up to you” he said and I nodded.

“We can share I mean it’s not like we haven’t before” I said and he nodded.

He threw me a pair of his sweatpants and a top as he walked out and he came back, “My clothes always did nearly fit you,” he said and I laughed.

“Well your only a bit taller than me” I said and he nodded.

I noticed he’d got changed “So…” he started and I cute him off.

“Oh Alex shut up and get in bed” I said and he laughed.

He turned the light out and I jumped as I felt something on the bed “It’s Lou” he reassured and I laughed “Night Lexi” he whispered.

“Night Alex” I replied as I feel asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love everyone that comments...especially the regulars :D