Remembering Sunday

All the memories

* Alex’s Pov *

I woke up hearing the phone and grumbled rolling over in bed, it stopped ringing and I drifted back to sleep again.

I jumped as my cell started to ring and grabbed it turning it off, I heard the phone ring 3 more times ignoring it and promised myself if it rang again I’d get it.

It started to ring again and Lou barked, I got up rubbing my eyes ready to shout at whoever was calling me.

“What the fuck do you want?” I shouted down the phone.

“Alex it’s Jack don’t you dare hang up” he warned.

“Jack what the fuck it’s 3am, when someone doesn’t answer and turns there cell off it means they don’t want to talk” I shouted.

“I know but this is important” he said.

“Nothing’s that important it can’t wait until the morning, bye!” I snapped.

“Lexi’s in hospital!” he said and I froze.

“Alex are you still there?” he asked.

“Yes” I replied quietly.

“She’s fine, well she’s not, but Bailey couldn’t wake her up and she’s been in here about 3 hours now and they can’t get her to wake up, the doctor just said they don’t know what to do she’s not responding to anything” he said crying.

“Alex I’m scared she might die, everyone looks more worried by the minute, they say she’ll be fine but there faces say different. She overdosed on sleeping tablets, I don’t want to go back in case she’s…” he trailed off and I panicked.

“Jack don’t say that! She’s fine” I said.

“No Alex she’s not fine, I know the talk I just got it was the ‘we don’t know what to do get anyone who loves her down here right now’ talk. You have to come now!” he begged and I shook my head.

“I can’t,” I cried.

“Look whatever has happened between you 2 you’ve got to forget it” he said.

“Jack it’s not that, the last time I was in hospital my brother died, I can’t go in that hospital I just can’t” I said as the memories came back.

“I know it’ll be hard but you need to be here” Jack said his voice pleading with me.

“I can’t Jack, I just can’t” I cried.

“Dammit Alex remember who sat next to you all night when you were in here with him? Remember who never left your side? Lexi that’s who, now she needs you and if I have to fucking drag you here I will” he shouted and I knew he was right.

“I’m scared Jack, I don’t think I can do it” I whispered.

“I’m scared too but I’m here, you can do this” he reassured.

“Okay, wait for me outside?” I asked and he agreed hanging up.