Remembering Sunday

Since the last time that I've saw your pretty face

I turned and pushed through everyone getting outside as quick as possible forgetting Bailey. The cold air hit my lungs as I reached the back alley entrance, I heard the door open again behind me and I knew it was him before he even spoke.

“Lexi?” his soft voice asked and I bit my lip to stop me from crying and hoped that somehow he’d not see me in the shadows.

“Lexi” he said again and I felt his warm body close behind me.

“Go away” I choked as I felt tears fall down my face.

“No” he spoke again as he walked in front of me and I looked down to the floor.

“Look at me please?” he begged and I shook my head.

“I think you should go Alex” I said feeling my voice shake.

I stood staring at our feet when I realized he wasn’t going anywhere and looked up to see tears in his eyes.

“Hi” he said quietly as he started to cry and I smiled back nodding as I tried to stop myself crying. How could he after all this time still make me feel this way?

Neither of us spoke again and we both stopped trying to hold our tears in as we just stood staring at each other crying for what left like hours, I never heard anyone around us and by the way he jumped neither had he.

“Lexi come here,” Bailey said hugging me as three familiar faces surrounded Alex.

“Lexi Nelson! I can’t believe I never realized” I heard Rian say as a thin dark haired guy in skinny jeans and a checked shirt I recognized to be Jack hugged Alex but he never took his eyes from me.

“Alex stop looking at her your making it worse” Jack said turning him away from me.

As soon as his eyes left mine I felt an emptiness only he’d ever made me feel, it was like someone had turned the light out in a room leaving me all alone.

“Lexi don’t you dare let him make you cry again” whispered Bailey but I couldn’t stop myself, she let go of me as she walked towards Jack and Alex whispering something to Jack and he nodded.

I felt her arm round me again as I noticed Alex and Jack moving further away from us slowly as the others followed, they got around 10 feet away when Alex refused to move anymore pulling himself from Jack’s grip and returning his eyes to mine and I saw how upset he was.

“No I’m not leaving her again, it’s been 2 years! I am not leaving her without talking!” he shouted forcing his way back to me as Rian and Zack tried to stop him.

“Ally talk to me please, say anything just talk to me,” he begged as tears fell down his cheek.

“My names not Alexis, it never has been” I replied and he smiled at me.

He always refused to accept my real name was Lexi thinking it should be short for Alexis but it wasn’t. He’d call me Alexis or Ally to wind me up but he always got away with it.

I smiled back thinking of thousands of things I wanted to talk to him about.

“Why?” I asked and he froze as he started to cry harder.

“Oh no you don’t” cut in Jack hugging him, “If you 2 are really doing this you don’t do it outside a club, if you want to talk to him come back to ours” he said and I nodded following them much to Baileys disgust.