Remembering Sunday

These broken bones will take me crawling on through the debris of my dirty little heart

Jack had gone to pick Alex up from the hospital “Lexi open the door!” I heard Zack shout, I opened it to see him and Rian with Bailey.

“We thought maybe we could have a night in together?” he asked and I nodded as they all walked in sitting down, Lou followed me everywhere and when I sat down he sat on my knee staring at me.

“What’s up with him?” asked Rian and I smiled.

“He misses his daddy, he waits at the door at nights expecting him to come home and then barks when I go to bed and he’s not here” I said and Rian smiled.

“Guys don’t be too forward with him, he’s hiding it but he’s pretty shaken up and he’s been in a lot of pain. If he’s really quiet just leave him to it, he can be like that sometimes” I explained as I heard the door and held Lou, the door opened to reveal Jack and Alex and Lou went crazy.

He wouldn’t stop barking and was trying to get out my arms and Alex smiled as Jack helped him over to the couch, Alex sat hugging Lou as Zack put a dvd in.

“We thought we could watch some movies” he said and Alex nodded as we all settled down.

We’d been sat watching a movie for an hour when I noticed Alex looking at the floor “What’s up?” I whispered and he ignored me.

“Alex” I whispered touching his arm, he looked up.

“Babe help me up” he asked and I wrapped his arm round my shoulder standing up taking his weight.

“Take me to the bedroom” he whispered.

“What’s up?” asked Jack.

“Nothing just going to the bathroom” Alex said and I looked confused as I helped him to the bedroom.

I sat us down on the bed and he looked at me “Can you stay tonight? I know we agreed you’d move back but please stay?” he asked and I nodded.

He lay back carefully “Go to sleep I’ll go tell them” I said.

“Jack’s sleeping on the couch” he said and I nodded.

“Come back?” he asked and I nodded.

I told the others and walked back to see Alex and Lou, “Lou off the bed” I said and he jumped down laying on Alex’s hoody I’d left out for him.

Alex sat up took his tablets and then laid down again holding my hand as he fell asleep.