Remembering Sunday

You're the kind of girl I'd take home to mom

A week later and we were going out to lunch with Alex’s parents “Hey Lexi can I ask you something real quick?” he asked and I nodded.

“I know we made all these agreements but I kind of think fuck it, do you want to move in with me?” he asked.

“I mean I know we said ‘take it slow’ but I don’t actually want to. Even when you live at Bailey's your always round at mine so I figured why don’t you move in?” he added.

I stayed quiet “Is that a no?” he asked.

“I don’t know” I admitted.

“Look we set the record straight, we both know where we stand and what we feel, we’re both going to get enough space with me having to travel around. Plus Lou misses you” he reasoned.

“Okay, but mainly for Lou” I said joking and he laughed.

“Don’t worry I’m not getting any weird ideas” he reassured.

“Weird?” I asked.

“I know you, your worried I’m going to be planning the wedding and naming the kids soon” he said and I nodded.

“You have to admit that’s something your capable of?” I teased and he laughed nodding.

His parents walked in “Lexi it’s great to see you again,” his mom said hugging me and I hugged his dad too.

“You look well Alex, is everything okay after your accident?” he nodded.

“What happened?” his mom asked.

“I don’t really remember, I must’ve lost concentration and I remember swerving but the next thing I knew I woke up in hospital” he explained.

“It’s been years since we saw you Lexi, is everything going well with you?” his dad asked and I nodded .

“Yeah, you remember Bailey? Well we have our own interior design business which is going well so things are good thanks, how about you guys?” I asked.

“Oh we’re fine, I must admit when Alex said you would be here today we were shocked. We thought you weren’t friends anymore” his mom admitted.

“Yeah we weren’t but we ran into each other in a club and we talked and started hanging out again” Alex explained.

“Well we’re glad, you two used to be such good friends it was such a shame to see you lose that” she said and I nodded.

“So do you have a boyfriend?” she asked and Alex rolled his eyes.

“Mom” he stated.

“Sorry sweetie but if you want to be friends you have to get used to her talking about other boys” she said looking at me to answer her.

“Yes I do” I replied.

“Oh tell us about him” she said looking excited.

“It’s me mom, that’s why I asked you down here. Lexi and I are dating again, in fact she just agreed to move in with me,” he said and his dad looked shocked, his mom smiled.

“No way! Alexander you are one lucky boy, how did you manage to persuade her into that?” she asked.

“Thanks mom I like your faith in my ability to have someone love me” he replied laughing.

“The more time we spent together the more I realized that things hadn’t really changed” I admitted.

“You mean he’s still lazy?” she asked and I laughed.

“No actually that’s changed, he looks after himself now, I don’t have to clean up after him” I said laughing.

“Well you left me I had to learn to survive somehow” he said smiling.

We had lunch and we left saying bye “I miss your parents they’re legends” I said and he laughed.

“They love you more than they do me” he said laughing.

“No they just love my influence on you” I correct and he nodded.

“I remember my mom always used to invite you to do things with her and I got mad because she spent more time with you than me” he recalled.

“Yeah she thought that was hilarious,” I admitted and he smiled as we walked home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been awhile :(