Remembering Sunday

It's in your eyes uncomplicated

I looked over at the window and saw it was raining outside, he linked his fingers through mine pulling me downstairs with him and out the front door.

“Where are we going?” I asked as I felt the cold rain hit me.

“Alex it’s freezing! I’m wearing shorts and a tee,” I said and he smiled.

He let go and walked onto the sidewalk “What are you doing?” I asked as he stamped his foot in a puddle covering himself.

“Being uncomplicated” he said kicking another puddle at me.

I glared at him “Stop it” I snapped and he smiled doing it again.

“Alex!”

“Oh stop being so grown up Ally,” he snapped back and I stared at him smiling at how soaked he was.

I walked towards him and kicked a puddle at him and he laughed doing it back, I jumped into the puddle next to him and soaked us both as he laughed.

He grabbed my shoulders holding me still kicking water on me and I grabbed his arms kicking it back.

We were both laughing as my mom opened the front door “You 2 what are you doing?” she asked as we both carried on laughing.

She rolled her eyes “Dinner’s ready come on” she said and we both walked back indoors.

We walked upstairs “Your not staying in them wet clothes!” my mom shouted up the stairs, I looked at Alex as I pulled my top off followed by my shorts and saw Alex do the same.

We stood shivering in our underwear and he smiled at me “Come here” he said pulling me into his body and wrapping his arms round me.

I felt cold water hit my shoulder and looked up to see it dripping from his hair that was now returning to its naturally wavy state.

“Nice hair” I teased and he glared at me shaking his head causing the water to fly everywhere.

I started to laugh “Stop it” I said and he smiled as I tried to get away from him but he pulled me closer to him.

“Alex” I said through laughs tickling his sides.

“Lexi stop” he ordered smiling at me.

“Make me” I teased and he grabbed my face kissing me.

“Did that work?” he asked pulling away and I shook my head tickling his sides again, he rolled his eyes as he tried to wriggle away from me.

“I love you” he said and I smiled at him.

“You must be freezing” my mom said from the door and we both looked round at her.

“Here put these on,” she said handing us some clothes.

“But they…”

“They’re your clothes, you left them here” she said as I pulled the dress she’d given me on.

“Thanks Mrs Nelson” Alex said pulling the shorts and top she’d given him on.

“You used to always wear them” she said and he smiled.

“You’ve got a new tattoo” she stated and he nodded.

“I only cried a little bit this time” he joked and she laughed.

“Liar!” she stated.

“Alright I made Jack hold my hand” he admitted.

“That sounds more like it, how’s Jack?” she asked.

“He’s good a bit taller but nothing else has changed” Alex explained and she smiled.

“You’ve hardly changed” she said looking him up and down.

“I wouldn’t say that, the flat is tidy, he does is own washing” I explained and she laughed.

“So miracles do happen” she joked.

“Well it wasn’t easy but after a month of Jack shrinking my clothes or dying everything different colors I finally learnt to do it myself” he admitted.

“Well I wish the same could be said for Lexi’s cooking, after you left she’d eat take out or come here if Bailey wasn’t cooking” mom said and I looked at the floor as Alex stared at me.

“Are you telling me she still can’t cook?” Alex asked.

“Are you telling me you haven’t noticed?” my mom said and I glared at her.

“No I haven’t, I’ve cooked for her or Jack has,” he explained as they both stared at me.

“You’re the reason she never learnt to cook, your always cooking for her and Jack used to be as bad. How Greg survived I don’t know” mom said.

“Well it’s a shame he did, he’s a jerk” Alex stated.

“Well you made her cry too although you never looked at another girl, less of this talk. Dinner’s ready and for a change you haven’t cooked it Alex” she said and they both started to laugh as we walked downstairs.