Remembering Sunday

He's close to my mother, talks business with my father

We sat down for dinner and everything went back to how it used to be, my parents loved Alex he was very polite and always made the effort to help them.

“Is business going well?” Alex asked my dad and within minutes they were in deep conversation about my dads financing business.

“So are you living with Bailey again?” my mom asked and I shook my head, I was about to answer when Alex spoke.

“I know it’s quick but she lives with me” Alex explained.

“What?” my dad snapped.

“It’s quick but we both know where we stand, after my accident I needed someone at home and Lou likes having his mommy around plus this way she doesn’t have to poison anyone with her dreadful cooking” Alex explained and they both laughed.

“The boy has a point” my dad said smiling as my mom stood up.

“I’ll get it” Alex said standing up and taking the plates away.

“So when do you leave?” my dad asked.

“2 days I don’t want to go” he admitted sitting down again, we sat talking before leaving.

“Bye” I said hugging them both as mom gave me our clothes back.

I smiled as Alex shook my dads hand and hugged my mom.

“Bye sweetie and we’ll see you soon Alex” dad shouted as we walked off.

We got home to see Jack was there.

“We’re out of dog food and ice cream” Alex shouted from the kitchen.

“I’ll go” I replied.

“I’ll come too” Jack added grabbing his jacket and following me out the door.

We stepped out onto the sidewalk to see people dodging the big puddles that the heavy rain had left behind.

“Do you want to sleep with Alex tonight?” I asked and Jack stared blankly at the sky, I’d noticed this morning he didn’t look very well, his hair was more messy than normal.

He wasn’t talkative, he looked pale and his eyes were turning black.

“Jack” I said and he looked at me.

“Sleep with Alex tonight” I ordered and he rubbed his eyes as we walked into the shop.

“Why?” he asked quietly.

“You’ve been on that couch for ages and I know its Alex that won’t let you go home, I’ll sleep on the couch for a few nights” I explained and he smiled as I picked up the stuff we needed.

“You sure?” he asked as he yawned and I nodded.

“Thanks” he said smiling.

“How’s life anyway?” I asked as I paid.

“Not bad, depressing sometimes” he admitted as we walked out again.

“Why?” I asked worried.

“You both going into hospital was scary and I just feel weird” he admitted and I nodded.

“Sorry we scared you, why do you feel weird?” I asked as we reached our building.

“You and Alex are together, Rian has his girlfriend and Zack met someone a few weeks ago so I’m the only single one. I don’t want a girlfriend but it feels strange sometimes being around couples” he admitted as we walked upstairs.

“If you ever want to hang out with Alex just say” I offered and he nodded sitting on the stairs, I sat next to him and he hugged me.

“When did I become the boring sad one?” he asked and I smiled.

“About 3 weeks ago but I didn’t want to be the one who told you” I joked and he laughed.

“Why don’t you go home?” I asked.

“Alex won’t let me! I’m not sure why but he won’t he gets really weird when I mention it” Jack explained and I smiled.

“We’ll talk him round anyway he’s leaving any day and then we can have fun!” I said and he nodded standing up.

“Come on let’s go in” he said and I followed him, Alex was sat in the kitchen when we got in.

“Tonight your sharing with Jack” I stated and he looked confused.

“You and Jack are in the bed tonight” I said slowly and Jack smiled.

“Did I do something?” he asked worried and I shook my head as I walked off.