Remembering Sunday

She wears short skirts, I wear tshirts

“I’m going out!” I shouted and he mumbled something and I left, I walked down the street and heard Bailey shout me and I turned to see her and Kate.

“Hi,” I said as she grabbed me hugging me and I smiled.

"You okay?” she asked and I nodded.

“You don’t seem it,” she added quietly and I nodded.

“I’m fine, did I tell you Greg’s left. He’s gone to Canada for work,” I explained.

“Canada that’s pretty far,” she stated and I nodded.

“Yeah, he wrote me a letter. Seems weird thinking about it; he gave me his address and stuff so I might write him back. I know he did a stupid thing but he was trying to do a good thing I guess,” I reasoned and she shrugged.

“You want to come with us we’re going shopping?” she asked and Kate smiled and I shrugged.

“Okay then,” I replied and we walked off towards the mall. Bailey and Kate got on well but I wasn’t very much like them when they were together.

Bailey was very girly and apparently so was Kate and that wasn’t me.

We were walking through the mall and they were busy talking about shoes when someone picked me up and I screamed and then recognized the hands wrapped around my waist.

“Jack you idiot!” I shouted and he laughed putting me down.

“Hello Lexi,” he said and I hugged him.

“What are you doing?” he asked and I smiled.

“Shopping,” I replied and he smiled.

“Bet your enjoying yourself aren’t you?” he asked as the other carried on walking.

“Care to join me? I don’t want to seem rude just leaving them,” I said and he smiled.

“I’ll come with you but I’m not trying a dress on,” he stated and I smiled.

“Just a skirt then,” I said and he smiled.

It took Bailey and Kate 10 minutes to even notice Jack was with us and then they both just ignored him.

“Hey Lexi how about this?” he said holding up a bright pink playsuit and I smiled.

“That’s too big for you, try a size smaller and with the blue heels and you’ll look a babe,” I replied and he smiled putting it down and walking over.

“You know shopping with you is more fun than Alex, at least you mess around he’s so serious about it,” he complained and I laughed.

They walked out the shop and we just followed like their naughty children who should really be looked after better, Bailey turned around and glared at me as Jack tripped me up and I nearly fell.

“Seriously Jack why are you even here?” she snapped at him and he looked at her.

They weren’t really supposed to know each other seeing as Jack had pretended to never have met her when they were in the park.

“Lexi asked me to stay,” he replied and she glared at me.

“Lexi what the hell were you thinking, we’re trying to chill out and you invite this moron along. He’s the most immature jerk I know. All he does is mess around and I doubt he could be serious if he tried. It’s like having a 2 year old with you constantly, he actually does my head in,” she snapped at me and Jack changed.

If you didn’t know him you’d never notice it but he was this bright, happy, fun person who lit up a room with his jokes and random mischief but some times it wasn’t there and it was like he was dull and boring and the light had been turned out.

“Shut up Bailey,” I snapped back and Jack shook his head.

“It’s okay, I’ll go. I’ll see you later Lexi,” he said and he walked off.

“Thanks Bailey!” I snapped at her.

“What?” she asked.

“I was having fun if you didn’t notice,” I replied.

“Yeah and we were trying to but not when he’s around you can’t. It’s like a constant annoyance,” she stated.

“You know what Bailey go have fun,” I said turning away and she grabbed my arm.

“What’s that meant to mean?” she whispered.

“You, go and have fun with Kate who in case you forget is Alex’s ex. Now maybe get why I wanted Jack around? That girl and I weren’t meant to get on and I have no problem with you 2 being friends and I will be nice to her but I don’t think we want to be friends. You guys go have fun doing all this stuff and I’ll see you,” I replied.

“Lexi don’t be a jerk,” she snapped and I pulled away from her.

“You’re the jerk Bailey! You made life with Alex more difficult than it ever needed to be and you still do it. You won’t treat him normal and well you think your something above us guys well if that’s how you feel go and get new friends because these are my friends,” I snapped at her.

“What’s that meant to mean?” she half shouted and I stared at her.

“That if this is how your going to be I’d rather hang out with someone you think is an ‘immature jerk’ and have fun then hang around with people who think they’re better than others. So when you’ve made your mind up whether to stop being a bitch or not come find me, I’ll be at home with my boyfriend and our friends,” I snapped at her turning away ignoring her.

“Jack wait up!” I shouted running after him and jumping on his back and he laughed.

“Hey you,” he said and I smiled as I let go.

“Go hang out with your friends,” he said and I smiled.

“I am, fuck Bailey she’s a dick,” I said and he looked at me.

We went back to our flat and Jack was chasing Lou around the flat when Alex walked in walking off to the kitchen and Jack stopped and looked at me.

“What’s up with grumpy?” he asked and I shrugged.

“He’s been like it for a few days,” I admitted and he nodded.

“Anyway I’m off, Bye Lou. See you Lexi,” he said hugging me.

“Bye Alex!” he shouted but got no reply and left.