Remembering Sunday

Rather than fix the problems they never solve them

Alex wandered into the lounge sitting down sighing.

“What’s up?” I asked and he glared at me.

“Nothing, why does something have to always be up?” he asked.

“Nothing I was just…oh it doesn’t matter,” I said and he shook his head.

“No come on, you’re the one with the problem,” he shouted at me.

“Alex just leave it okay,” I said and he shook his head.

“No Lexi lets hear it,” he shouted getting louder and I rolled my eyes giving in to everything.

“You want to know? You Alex. You’re my problem! My best friend hates your best friend when she used to like him; my best friend hates us being together. My best friend wants to be best friends with your fucking ex and I feel like I’ve got no direct place in all of this anymore and I have nowhere to turn. You are just being a jerk for no reason, you’re in a constant bad mood and you won’t say why! You want to know what’s wrong well Alex it’s you and your crappy attitude to things!” I shouted at him and he stood up.

“You think living with you is any easier! Your doing my head in Lexi, nothings ever right for you and I just can’t keep up anymore,” he shouted at me and I stood up facing him.

“Nothings ever good enough? I never ask you to do anything, you know I thought you were the same person but your not! You’re this temperamental, argumentative git and I can’t stand you!” I screamed at him and he smirked.

“If that’s how you feel then why are you even here?” he asked and I laughed.

“I don’t even know Alex, I should’ve known you were a dick after everything you’ve ever done! You’re a loser Alex and you always will be, you were never good at anything. In fact I wonder what I even saw in you because it can’t be that sparkling personality of yours because you don’t have one!” I shouted and he shook his head.

“Says you! Your own best friend has ditched you for a girl she barely knows, shows how much of a bitch you are!” he shouted walking towards me.

“You know I loved you so much but that blinded me to who you really are, your heartless Lexi Nelson. I tried everything for you and did everything you ever asked me and it was never good enough was it? I’m not good enough for you and that’s the honest truth in your eyes. You can do better but it’s fun watching me try” he shouted at me and I shook my head.

“You know when you left I never thought you’d go, I told myself if he really loves me he’d never ever leave without explaining, without trying to make this right and you never did you just left! You walked away from what we had Alex so don’t you dare blame me. Now look at you, Mr Rockstar thinks he’s too good, just because you’ve been to California and you’re in a band you think you can get whatever you want well you can’t! This isn’t California and your nothing special to me, your just Alexander Gaskarth the stupid kid who falls off swings and that’s who you’ll always be, sorry if I’m not good enough for you anymore. You’re used to rich girls with all the latest trends and that dress nice constantly. Girls who have tans and fake hair well that’s not me and guess what, it never will be!” I shouted.

“I gave up on us? Lexi don’t lie you made it clear nothing would make it up and there’s no point in fighting a losing battle with you. You are the reason I’m so cold to people, I was good to you and you just broke my heart and never even cared! I’m not used to them girls I’m used to nice girls and I used to think you were one but I was mistaken your not. You’re a harsh bitch who I really don’t care for anymore!” he shouted and I shook my head.

“Whatever Alex, if that’s how you really feel then fine because the feeling is more than fucking mutual. I can’t stand you anymore,” I shouted.

“Good then at least that’s clear. I hope when you said you loved me you meant it because right now you’ll know how I felt back then because this is more than over Lexi. I’m done with all this, we’re over!” he shouted and I glared at him.

“Good I was just going!” I shouted at him as I grabbed my shoes and walked out slamming the door.