Remembering Sunday

I'm thinking maybe I can't have relationships, 'cause lately they're not making any sense.

4 days later and I was still at Jack’s, I hadn’t picked everything up from Alex’s but we had argued 6 more times since then.

“Lexi we’re going out if you want to come?” Jack said as he walked in the room I was staying in and I shook my head.

“Oh come on Lexi, it’ll be us 2, Zack, Rian and their girlfriends. If you don’t come I’ll be a loner,” he blackmailed and I rolled my eyes.

“Okay,” I said and he beamed walking off, I got ready and walked out to see him sat eating a burger.

“Seriously Jack?” I asked and he laughed.

”What I was hungry so I got some take out, you want some?” he offered me his half eaten burger and I shook my head.

“I’m good thanks,” I said smiling.

He laughed standing up and we walked to the bar where he’d agreed to meet the others with him still eating, we walked in and they all smiled and the girls gave me a sympathetic look.

Great so I’d be receiving them all night then, poor Lexi got her heartbroken by Alex again!

3 hours later and I had been receiving them looks all night long! They all walked off dancing with their girlfriends leaving Jack and I talking when he grabbed my hand.

“Come on lets go dance, it makes us seem less boring,” he said and I laughed letting him drag me to the dance floor of the club we were now in.

Jack stood on my foot and I smacked his arm and he started to laugh as he tried to ballroom dance with me and failed miserably.

He lifted his hand spinning me around and that’s when I saw them.

Alex and Kate.

I just looked as he had his hand on her back before leaning down and I looked away.

“What?” Jack asked and then looked where I’d been staring and his eyes widened.

“Lexi I am so sorry, so that’s where he was when we asked him to come out!” he snapped.

“Why is he making out with her?” I asked and he laughed.

“They’re not,” he stated and I looked over.

“He moved in for it,” I replied and he shook his head.

“He was talking to her, it’s just loud so you have to move in for it,” he said and I noticed he was leaning into my ear to talk and I nodded.

“So much for him not caring,” I said and he chewed his lip.

“I’m sorry sweetie, he honestly never really did. I never knew he was even meeting up with her,” he said and I believed him nodding and he smiled.

“Come on Lexi we can go if you want?” he asked and I shook my head.

“It’s okay,” I said and he smiled.

Jack hugged me before someone tripped into him and he turned on them.

“Watch the fuck where you’re going. Dick!” he shouted at the guy and he looked at him.

“Yeah I’m talking to you, you want to look where your going stumbling into everyone! Who do you think you are falling all over the place you utter jerk?” Jack shouted and Rian rolled his eyes standing between them.

“Jack leave it,” he said and Jack shook his head.

“He’s sorry,” Rian said and the guy nodded before walking off.

“Jack stop,” Rian said and he nodded before looking back at me and I tried not to laugh.

Jack when drunk was hilarious but argumentative, he’d take offense to most things.

“Lexi come on!” he shouted and I laughed dancing with him, I glanced over to see Alex dancing with Kate; he had his right hand on her lower back and Jack grabbed me.

“Lexi Nelson I forbid you to look at them!” he said in my ear and I looked down.

“Look at them Jack,” I said and he shook his head.

“I don’t want to, so what he can dance with her, I’m dancing with you aren’t I? Means nothing though,” he said and I shrugged.

He was right there I guess. I just don’t get it, everything was fine and now this happens?

I saw Kate pull herself closer to Alex and I felt sick.

“Lexi don’t you let Alex Gaskarth get to you, forget him. You don’t need him, I know he’s meant so much to you in the past and you thought that was all coming back but forget him! He’s not worth it if he only ever upsets you and you know that, nobody you love should make you as sad as he does when he does this. If this is what he wants then you have to deal with that, move on and forget him okay?” he said hugging me and I nodded as I cried.

I pulled away and he smiled weakly.

“Cheer up,” he whispered in my ear wiping the tears from my face staying close to me.

You’ll be fine, you deserve the world,” he whispered and I felt his breath on my face as my eyes fell to his lips, I felt his breath catch as he moved closer.

I looked back up to his eyes looking in them before they flicked over my shoulder watching something and I looked to see Alex kiss Kate and I shook my head.

“I’ve got to go,” I said walking away from him past Alex to leave.