Remembering Sunday

I should have known there'd be a price to pay someday

She had a boyfriend, I don’t know why that hurt me a girl like her doesn’t stay single for long. I got back to our flat and walked in ignoring the others going straight to our room slamming the door.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” asked Jack as he walked in behind me.

“Nothing!” I snapped taking it out on him.

He looked at me and I rolled my eyes.

“So I went to see Lexi to ask her and Bailey over tonight and some guy walked in and he’s her boyfriend” I said laying back on the bed as Jack sat next to me.

“I warned you but you wouldn’t listen” Jack said and I closed my eyes.

“Jack less of the ‘I told you so’ more advice” I snapped back at him and he sighed.

“Sorry, Alex you wanted to be friends with her now you take the consequences. Being friends means supporting her and she has a boyfriend you can’t just waltz in and expect to get things your own way, you broke up 2 years ago! Even you’ve had another girlfriend since then” he said and I nodded.

“I know but I just wish it’d come from her not from him walking in, if she’d told me…” I started but he cut me off.

"You’d feel the same, you just best hope she can’t still read you like she used to otherwise she already knows you’re upset” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“I want her to be happy” I admitted.

“Well start acting like it then” he said laughing and I sat up nodding.

“Sort it out before they get here tonight,” he warned walking out again.

It seemed stupid now but I swore she wanted me there more than she did that Greg guy, just by the way she looked when he walked in.

I told myself to stop being stupid I just wished she’d acted that way, she had a boyfriend and I wouldn’t ruin that.

I put my head in my hands trying to define the right and wrong things to say and do around her when I felt the familiar metal of my eternity ring and beamed when I realized she’d had hers on.

She still wore it, all them times they told me to take mine off but I refused, she was the same.