Remembering Sunday

I love you and that's all I really know

“Lexi,” Jack said and I looked at him shaking my head, Alex dropped his head as I looked at the ring in his hand.

“Ally won’t marry you but I think Lexi might if you ask her,” I said and his head shot up his brown eyes full of tears.

“What?” he asked his voice cracking.

“You heard,” I stated and he smiled.

“Lexi Nelson will you marry me please baby?” he asked and I wrapped my arms around his neck throwing my body weight onto him and he collapsed backwards with me.

His arms squeezed around me as he kissed all over my face.

“Is this a yes?” he asked and I laughed.

“Yes it’s a yes! I love you Alex you idiot. I’ve been waiting since I was like 16 to hear that from you,” I admitted and he laughed against my skin.

“So we’re all good?” he asked and I nodded.

"I still hate you a little bit and I swear down if you do that again I will break every guitar you own but I love you,” I explained and he beamed at me.

I heard crying and we looked up to see Bailey hugging Jack and we both laughed.

“I’m telling you Bailey has a crush on him,” Alex said and Bailey glared at him as tears fell down her face.

“I just forgave you Alex don’t ruin it,” she warned and he laughed.

I felt something lick my face and looked to see Lou and laughed.

“Lou’s happy too, mommy and daddy are getting married Lou!” Alex shouted and Lou barked back.

“I think that means ‘Thank fuck for that I thought you 2 would never get it together,’” Alex said and I smiled at him.

He smiled back before kissing me and he nuzzled his head into my neck.

“I love you so much,” he whispered and I smiled.

“Why do you kids always end up on the floor?” my mom asked and we both laughed.

“You going to put this ring on or what?” Alex asked and I pushed my self up on his chest taking the ring from his hand and putting it on.

“Whoa look at that thing,” Bailey said and Alex laughed.

“Yeah babe there’s 2 things you need to know about this ring; 1 you never let it out your sight and 2 if this album goes wrong we may need to take that thing back,” he explained and I smiled at him.

“What were you going to do if I said no?” I asked and he smiled.

“Lock us all in here until you gave me a chance and if I really had to break you down I’d just sing at you,” he admitted and Jack laughed.

“Dude you should’ve cut all of this and just got the guitar out, as soon as she saw that thing she’d do anything to shut you up so she’d be begging you not the other way around,” Jack explained and Alex laughed.

“Yeah Alex I thought you were too proud for begging?” Bailey teased and he rolled his eyes.

“Yes I am so lets not tell everyone about it, I hate admitting I did wrong so can we forget about it?” Alex asked and I shook my head.

“Nope I’m dragging this one out Alex, you owe me,” I stated and he laughed reaching up and kissing me.

“For you I’ll take it,” he whispered and I smiled.

“Guys not that I’m kicking you all out but well I am, we have dinner reservations in like an hour,” Alex stated and my mom laughed.

“Charming, propose to our daughter than kick us all out why don’t you Alex,” she stated and he smiled at her.

I stood up and pulled him up.

“Oh my God do I get to call you mom now?” he asked and my mom laughed.

“You always used to,” she stated and he smiled.

“Yeah but you’ll be my real second mom, you get to have a son,” he said smiling and she laughed hugging him.

He looked at my dad who just grabbed him hugging him and we all laughed.

“Don’t mess this up Alexander,” he warned and Alex shook his head.

I hugged his mom and dad before they left followed by Rian Zack and girlfriends.

“I cannot believe you just proposed,” Jack stated before jumping on Alex.

Bailey hugged me still crying and I laughed.

“Bailey it’s not that sad,” I said quietly and she shook her head.

“I’m happy for you, honest,” she said and I smiled letting her go.

“Come on little miss cries a lot lets leave these 2 alone, we’ll come see you tomorrow. Bailey lets go get dinner at mine,” Jack said dragging her out the door.

“Okay Ally I did one more thing and I’m not sure whether you’ll like it,” he admitted and I looked at him.

“I contacted Greg,” he stated and my eyes widened.

“He’s only other person I knew you cared about and I guess I was a bit of a jerk to him, I found his number on that letter and I rang him to apologize. We’re all good but he said to give you his email address,” he stated and I nodded.

“Are you mad with me? I just wanted to make everything right with everyone,” he offered and I smiled.

“I’m not mad, do you think I should email him?” I asked and he nodded.

“You were together for long enough and he obviously cared about you, even if its just an occasional thing it can’t do any harm can it,” he stated and I shrugged.

“Well put it this way I don’t care, I won’t get all jealous your emailing him. His emails on my laptop if you want it, I’m going for a shower okay?” he said kissing me before walking off.