Vampires can Love Too

Trap

The inside of the castle was pretty extraordinary. Through my bat eyes I saw paintings on the walls of vampire hunters from past to present and I saw golden banners above the paintings. Ren walked cautiously around the castle.

“Where is she at?” He muttered.

I was wondering about that too. Ren kept walking through hallways that all looked the same but he didn’t find Karin. I saw him go down into the basement and it was dark for a human but for a vampire it was easy to see in the dark. Ren scanned the room and as soon as he laid eyes on Karin chained up to a wooden cross I spotted her as well. Ren gasped and ran in the direction of Karin.

He stopped in front of her and said, “K-arin! Are you okay?”

She didn’t answer though and that made me suspicious. I backed away a little but Ren got closer. That was a mistake because as soon as he touched Karin a cage fell down. Ren growled. Everyone scattered but Anju, Calera, and Henry got caught in cages above. I was the only one who didn’t get caught. Ren turned around and saw that everyone was caught but me.

“Hurry up and leave Aura!! This isn’t Karin! It’s a mannequin!”

What! I flew out of the basement through a window and made my way to an upper floor of the castle. I decided to keep my present form. I hadn’t got caught because I was faster than normal in this form. I didn’t want to get caught because I was too slow. Being fast was one of a vampire’s greatest assets. I looked around for Karin, but didn’t see her.

I knew if I rescued her first that I could rescue Ren and the others. Karin was a vampire she could help me free them. But wait..Was she a normal vampire? I had heard from Karin that she went to school in the day light hours. What was up with that?

Did see not have her fangs yet? No..That couldn’t be it. I had seen her sucking someone’s blood that first day I met her. So what was the deal? Was there some secret that she keeping from me? There had to be one. I sighed but knew I still had to save her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!! :D