Vampires can Love Too

Meeting another vampire

That’s when I meet Karin, Maaka a fellow vampire. I must go to a hundred places at night when I finally find a place called Julian’s. They are in desperate need of employee’s that will work the night shift. I find the place appealing and enter, wearing shades so the lights won’t bother my eyes. The manager sees me and asks if I want to work at Julian’s. I say yes, when can I start?

He laughs and says, “Right now if you really want to. If not, tomorrow night.”

I take him up on his first offer and go to the changing rooms to change into the uniform he gave me. I come out and see a girl with purple hair busing tables. A boy with spiky brown hair is taking orders.

I ask the manager what he wants me to do and he says, “Just take orders for now.”

I nod, obviously he doesn’t know of my many abilities. I can bus tables and take orders at the same time. For now, though I’ll just do as he says. I want to get paid. It’s not like my family is poor. They just never give me any money to spend. I decided I wanted money to spend on myself and went job hunting. I was lucky to find this job. Not many of the establishments only let you work at night. They usually want you to work some daylight hours too. I go to a family, a pad in my hand and a pen in my other.

“What would you guys like?” I ask, putting on the charm.

The father of the family smiles and asks for steak. I write down the other family member’s orders and go on my way. The rest of the night is monotonous but I’m glad to be working. After work I introduce myself to the other employees. They smile and seem genuinely glad to have another “human” working with them. I tell them goodnight and change into my normal clothes. After I’ve changed I decide to take a walk in the park.

The park is near my house anyway so it doesn’t matter if I go through it. In the middle of my walk I see the girl named Karin, sucking on some guy’s neck. I gasp, is she a vampire? I get closer and watch as she drops her victim. There is blood on her face. I was correct, she is a vampire. I approach Karin and she shies away from me like I’m a poisonous snake.

“Hey Karin it’s okay.”

Karin looks at me like I’ve lost my mind.

I lean in and whisper, “I’m a vampire too.”

Karin’s eyes get wide and she grins. That’s when I notice her teeth. She’s got fangs. I smile and she tells me to come meet her family. I nod and follow her. On the way to her house, she tells me that her family will be glad to meet another vampire.When we get to Karin’s house her family is awake and is talking. When we walk in they stop talking.

“Who is that?” Karin’s mother says.

Karin smiles and says, “Her name is Aura and she’s a vampire too!”

I see the family’s eyes get wide.

Her father runs up to me, takes my hands and says, “Oh it’s nice that Karin found you. You can be good friends, right?”

I nod, “Sure. I haven’t had a real friend since I dropped the human world.”

“Can you introduce me to your family Karin?” I ask.

Karin nods. She introduces me to her family and when she gets to her brother my heart beats. He’s gorgeous. He smiles at me and I feel myself melt. His name is Ren. He’s got light blue hair and golden eyes. Karin asks me if I want to spend the night and I say okay. It’s not like my family will worry. I don’t have to be back until dawn.

Karin leads me to her room when I see Ren get up and whisper in my ear, “Come visit me in my room after Karin falls asleep.”

I feel my face flush. I nod and follow Karin into her room. The lights are turned off and I see Karin get in her bed. Is she already going to sleep? That’s Weird. What kind of vampire is she? I leave Karin and try to find Ren’s room. I feel arms go around my waist then. I gasp and struggle against the person holding me so intimately.

“Stop struggling sweetheart,” I hear Ren say.

I turn to look at Ren and he gives me a sexy smile.

“Let’s go to my room,” he says.

He lets go of me and I follow him into his room. He closes the door and turns to me. He gets up close to me and takes my chin in his hand.

“You’re so beautiful Aura.” I feel myself blush.

Ren brushes his lips against mine and I let him kiss me. He holds me tightly as we kiss and then I feel a prick of pain. Ren pulls away and there is a drop of blood on my lip.

“Sorry my love I’ll take care of that,” he says as he licks my lip.

I feel myself shiver with pleasure. Ren then starts taking off his shirt. I feel my face heat up.

“W-what are you doing Ren?”

Ren laughs seductively, “What do you think I’m doing?”

I gulp. He gets close to me and holds me against his bare chest. He feels so cold. He pulls away then and starts trying to pull off my shirt.

“Ren! I’m not going to sleep with you!”

Ren looks hurt then.

“Why not?”

I sigh, “Because we hardly know each other, I’d like to get to know you.”

Ren looks surprised then.

“Really?” I nod.

“I- I thought you were going to be like the other girls I’ve been with.”

“What were those girls’ sluts?”

“Basically,” Ren says.

“Well I’m not like that. If I’m going to sleep with a guy I want to make sure he loves me.”

Ren laughs dryly then, “Vampires usually don’t have morals.”

I shrug, “Well I do.” I say defiantly.

Ren smiles and hugs me one last time. “Take care,” he says and I nod.

I leave Ren and head into Karin’s room. Karin is snoring. I laugh she’s such a strange vampire. I sit on the floor, grab a book lying on the floor and begin to read it. An hour before dawn I leave Karin’s house. I arrive at my house thirty minutes before dawn.

My parents are still up and when they see me my mother says, “Were you out with some boy?”

I feel my face turn beet red. “No, I was at a friend’s house,” I say not completely lying.

My parents look shocked. “You made a friend?” I nod.

“What’s she or he like?”

I smile, “I haven’t really gotten to know her. I just found out she was a vampire and she invited me into her house.”

“That was sweet,” my mother says.

I nod. “I’m really tired, do you mind if I just go to bed now?”

My dad shakes his head, “If you’re tired go to sleep.”

I leave my parents then and make my way to the basement. That’s where my coffin is. I slip into my coffin once I’m in the room and fall asleep thinking about Ren’s soft, seductive lips.