Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

01.

The brown door opened up to my father's office unexpectedly as I sat next to my dad, with bowls of chinese take out in our laps. We looked up in surprise but each smiled at the sight of the man in the door way.

"Oh," the attorney said, "I didn't know that you were still on lunch." He nodded an apology and flicked his eyes towards me, smiling. "I'm sorry."

My father shook it off and waved him in. "Don't worry, it's no big deal. Come on in, what do you need?" he questioned, turning in his seat.

"I just needed you to authorize a case, but I can come back later, surely you don't want to miss your time with your beautiful daughter. So excuse me," he murmured, stealing glances at me as he turned to leave and shut the door behind me.

My father laughed heartily. "You've got yourself a good man, Nissa," he cheered, popping a bite of food into his mouth.

I nodded, grinning at the fact that my father honestly liked him. "I know Dad," I agreed.

I left my father's office a little over twenty-minutes later and made my way back to my own desk in a room with two other ladies there. Margaret, my father's personal assistant sent me a smirk, "You are so lucky."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "I know."

"Do you think," Maggie murmured, "If you guys ever break up, he'd date me?"

Nadine, an older woman who had been working here since before I could even remember scoffed, making me laugh lightly. "That boy walked right past here and asked where you were. We told him you were with your father but he just smiled and marched over there. He's smitten. He's not the one for you Margaret."

I smiled to myself, laughing slightly, now knowing that what he said about authorizing was a total scam. I shook my head and glanced at my computer screen to check the time.

"It's almost time for you to go pick up your baby." Maggie said, a smile on her lips as she caught on to why I was looking.

I grinned. "He's hardly a baby anymore. Going on five, soon."

"He's a baby," Nadine murmured, looking over the pictures I had of him on my unorganized desk, "Cute, too."

I nodded slightly before he replied, "He just got his hair cut last night. A mohawk, that's what he picked, can you believe it?"

Both women laughed and nodded their heads. Nadine pointed an accusing finger at me and said, "You had one of those when you began working here. I thought your father was insane hiring a hoodlum off of the street to handle business transactions."

I snorted loudly, "Oh yeah."

The girls and I chatted for awhile longer before I excused myself to pick my son Bronx up from half day kindergarden. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" I asked, pulling my black button up jacket from the closet by the door.

They both said their forms of goodbye and I walked out, seeing my afternoon replacement, a college student named Amy come out from the elevator. I murmured my hello's and took her place inside of the gold, mirrored box. The ride down three floors was quick and I almost raced to my car as the rain came pounding down from the heavens.

I noted the empty car-seat as I started the car and made my way through the parking lot of Chambers Law Firm. My father's business. The ride to Bronx's school was about a 15 minute drive and soon enough I was racing through the rain again and up into the old stone building of Harrison Elementary School.

"Mommy!" My son yelled as I came into view.

"Bronx!" I shouted, excitement lacing my voice as I bent down to his level as he stepped away from his teacher and threw himself into my arms, his own wrapping around my neck.

I waved goodbye to his teacher as I stood up with him still in my arms. "How was school, baby?" I questioned, grinned when he nodded rapidly.

"Great!"

I laughed lightly. "Really? Did they like your hair?" I asked, kissing his cheek as he leaned back in my arms.

"Yeah! My teacher said she loved it, Mommy!" he shouted animatedly, throwing his arms out as I held him in mine.

"Really?" I asked, grimacing at the rain as we exited the front doors.

Bronx buried his face in my neck as I walked as fast as my heels would let me with him in my arms."Yuck!" he shouted at the rain, our conversation forgotten, "Mom! I'm all wet!"

I shuffled him to my right arm and yanked the back door open with my left. "Get in, hurry!" I shouted as I placed him on his booster seat, my back getting soaked as I leaned over and buckled him in.

"Hurry Mommy! Drive!" he screamed as I shut his door and pulled the driver's open.

I grinned and buckled myself in. "Ready to go home, Bronx?"

He smiled while running his fingers through his wet, fallen hair. "Yeah, Mommy."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my new story. I hope you like it.

Read. Comment. Subscribe. Enjoy.