Sequel: You Are Loved, Baby.

Shattered Secrets

02.

Driving through the rain seemed to make everyone slo as we headed home and it seemed that Bronx was getting impatient. "Mommy, Go faster!" He would murmured urgently and lay his head against the cool glass window to watch the rain as I fell.

"I'm going as fast as I can without plowing through all the other cars, baby." I grinned, shaking my head.

"Then plow through the cars," he replied as though it was an obvious answer.

I laughed loudly and reached into the glove department. "Look what I've got," I demanded as I tossed a CD case into the backseat next to him.

His baby brown eyes grew wide as he stretched for it and pulled it close to study the familiar case. "Put it in!" he demanded, pushing it towards me though the space between the seats.

A smile took over my lips as I reached back to grab it. I opened the case and pushed the CD into the slot.

"Number Two, Mommy!" he screamed, bouncing in his seat.

I pushed the forward button and M. Shadows voice filled our car,

"Hey kid (hey kid)
Do I have your attention?
I know the way you've been living
Life so reckless, tragedy endless
Welcome to the family
"

"Hey, there's something missing
Only time will alter your vision!" Bronx sang along, literally screaming into the air with a huge grin on his face. "Do you really have tickets to see them?" he asked, pouting heavily as I looked back at him in the mirror.

"Yeah, this Saturday, baby," I told him, pulling off of the highway and back onto our exit for Huntington Beach.

"Can I go, Mom?" he pleaded, trying to win me over with his little look through the mirror.

I sighed and replied, "No." Like I had many other times.

"Why not?" he questioned, his arms folded over his hoodie clad chest.

I rolled my eyes, "Bronx, are we really going to go over this again?" I asked, pulling off of the Pacific Coast Highway and into downtown.

"But I won't get hurt!" he yelled, kicking his feet.

"Yes you will," I told him pointedly, "There are going to be grown ups there."

He sighed angrily, "I want to go."

I shook my head as I pulled off of the main road into the neighborhood near the pier. It was about a five minute ride to our house and soon enough I was dragging the pouting little boy from his car seat.
"Knock it off, Bronx or you're going to get a timeout," I chastised, putting him down on the couch and leaving him there so I could change into something more comfortable. I walked up the stairs and into my bedroom. I grinned and went around my bed to get to my closet. I yanked a pair of leggings from the hanger, shorts from a draw and grabbed an off the shoulder t'shirt that was folded up on my chair.

I wandered back down stairs to see Bronx sitting on the edge of the couch, his head in his hands as he stared at the t.v in front of him where spongebob was playing with bubble buddy.

"Ahh, nope. Pouty boys don't get to watch T.V.," I said with a smirk as I pulled the remote from his fingers and clicked the red button, watching the t.v shut off.

"Hey!" he shouted, outraged, "I'm sorry. I'm not pouting anymore. Mommy, I stopped!" He called to me as I walked into the kitchen.

I smiled in triumph. "Okay." I said and tossed the remote onto the couch, "But only for a little while."

Bronx and I ended up on the couch together watching cartoons and CSI Miami Episodes until we were interrupted around four in the afternoon when there was a familiar knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Bronx yelled as he scurried to the door, disappearing from my sight. "Greg!" he greeted excitedly as the door opened in a wide arch. The duo came walking into the living room, Bronx in his arms.

"I love your haircut, kid," Greg told him.

Bronx smiled proudly. "My teacher said so too!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is going kind of slow but there's a week in between here and the concert so that I can work out the details as I write. :D

Read. Comment. Subscribe. Enjoy.