Status: On Hiatus

Adopted by the Volturi, & I'm Blind

Three

Maemi’s P.O.V.

I woke up and heard people talking outside of the room I was in. I was still wearing my clothes from the plane, ew, but my shoes were off. I felt around and realized I was on a soft bed that was quite frankly huge. Sun poured inside of the room from a window facing east, so it was probably mid-morning. The sun was warm against my skin, but I didn’t mind. I always liked extreme weather, nothing normal.
“I wonder if she’s up by now.” I heard Daddy’s voice from somewhere in the house he took me to. By the echoes, it seemed bigger. The walls were thicker, like stone. Probably marble.
“Daddy?” I said out loud, loudly (what else?).
“I was wondering if you were up by now.” he told me.
“Yeah, I heard you.” I told him, shyly.
People tend to either A) get freaked out or B) be all nonchalant about it but worry about I might hear, when I tell them I have very acute hearing. I wonder how he’ll react.
“You must have very good hearing, Maemi.” he said. He was calm about it? That was a first. When I first told Michael, he was shocked. He also tried not to talk about me in a thirty-foot radius, even though I could still hear him if he did.

Aro’s P.O.V.
Shock. That was what he felt when she told him she heard him when he was downstairs, three stories down below. Even if noises carry in the marble hallways, no human could have heard his wondering. He had only whispered it, making it even hard for vampires of the highest caliber to hear as well.
The child was special, that he was sure of.
And she was all his.
He knew he had picked the perfect child that could fit nicely in his coven of vampires. Truly worthy to be part of the Volturi family.

Maemi’s P.O.V.
The rest of the day he had showed me around. Introduced me to some of the people that lived with us, I especially liked Heidi, my new mom, Felix, Demetri, Gianna who was Demetri’s wife, and Alec. A girl named Jane, Alec’s twin, didn’t really like me. I wonder why? I barely even met her today!
Oh well.
I’m just glad I have a family, for once. Even if Kin never got to have one. I still miss him terribly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I haven't had time to write. School's been hectic, promise the next chapter will be longer.
Little bit of a filler, sorry.