Status: On Hiatus

Adopted by the Volturi, & I'm Blind

Five

4 Years Later
“EMI GET BACK HERE!” Heidi screeched at me because I was running away from her. I had ‘accidentally’ dropped some of my cookie dough ice cream on her head while I was eating it on top of the stairs.
You know how some stairs have a little landing that can look at people below them? Well the stairs were like that and I was sitting on the edge. I had a gallon of cookie dough ice cream, and a big spoon. Did I mention the fact that the spoon barely fit in my mouth. When I was trying to fit the big spoon in my mouth, some of the ice cream had dropped onto Heidi’s hair. Did I also not mention that it was a lot of ice cream?
Well it was a lot.
So currently Heidi was chasing me around the castle, trying to tickle me. That was the only punishment dad let them give me, that or no cookie dough ice cream. I’m surprised she didn’t take away the latter. Considering it was ice cream that started this mess.
Now where did I hide Heidi’s Christmas gift?
Oh right!
I made a hard left and reached behind the fake tree there, and grasped the box which held the gift. It was some fancy necklace I picked out randomly that Heidi might like. I turned around and got on my knees.
“Will this make you feel better?” I said as Heidi turned the corner.
I heard her step forward and lift the box and look down. She gasps. YAY! My life has been spared from a tickle fest.
“Thank you, thank you, Maemi!” she said and picked me up. She hugged me to her warm body, her boobs squishing against me. Ew, I know.
She dropped me gently onto the ground and walked away.
“Women.” I huffed, still a little tired from the chase.
“Maemi.” I heard Dad call me from the throne room.
“Coming!” I called out to thin air, which was actually pretty common for me.
I ran all the way to the throne room in my thigh-high purple and white striped socks. As they opened the huge doors, or as I’m told, I slid in. Always was one for an entrance.
“Did I beat my time?” I asked Alec who was on my right. I could recognize his heartbeat anywhere, it was super slow.
“Nope, missed it by five seconds. Slowpoke.” he told me. Meanie face.
“Maemi, I’d like you to meet the Cullens.” dad said. I heard their faint heartbeats from somewhere on my left so I walked over to them.
“Domo, I’m Maemi. What’s your guys’ names?” I asked, after I did a little bow. I am half Japanese.
“I’m Carlisle Cullen, and this is my wife Esme. Nice to meet you Maemi.” he told me.
“Carl-. Car-.” I couldn’t really say his name, ‘cause he said it kind of fast.
“Can I just call you Cullen-kun?” I asked him.
“Why of course.” he said.
“Cullen-kun!!!” I said and hugged what I thought to be his waist. He was very tall.
“Hahaha.” I heard both dad and the other vampire called Esme, laugh.
“What? I’m just saying hi.” I said meekly.
“Oh, and Maemi?” Dad asked.
“Yessssss?????????” I said, dragging out the ‘s’.
“How much did those shoes that you gave Heidi cost?” he asked. It’s not like we’re broke or anything. He’s had years worth of savings, so I doubt he’ll miss a couple hundred. Well, I hope he doesn’t.
“About that. . . “ I said shrinking away from him.
“What did you do?”
“Well, I was eating ice cream and some of it dropped onto Heidi’s head. She started chasing me, and then I found the shoes. . .and yeah. Didn’t feel like being tickled. . . Hahaha.” I said, laughing weakly.
“What am I going to do with you?” he said, though I could practically hear the smile in his face.
“NOTHING AT ALL!!!” I said and hugged him.
He got up and I quickly sat on his throne thingy. He began to talk and hang out (sounds weird huh?) with the Cullens. I spaced out for the most part or talked with Uncle Marcus and Uncle Caius.
“Maemi, how do you feel about spending the weekend with us?” Esme’s voice called out to me.
“Sure!” I said and jumped out of the throne/seat/thingy and hugged Esme. Ooh, she’s really warm. Her pulse was nice as well, very deep and at a normal pace.
“Okay then. I’ll have Gianna help you with packing your suitcase. Don’t take forever!” he called after me as I skipped away. I laughed.

Esme’s P.O.V.
The small girl was adorable, and human. I guess Alice’s vision was true four years ago. She called my husband, Carlisle, Cullen-kun since she was unable to say his name. It was funny.
“How old is she, Aro?” I asked. I suspected 11 or 12 because of her height, but her body was a bit more mature.
“She’s around Renesme’s age, 14. Though she never acts her age.” he said, with a smile on her face.
“Why does she wear shades? Surely she knows she’s indoors.” Carlisle asked.
“Even though she doesn’t act like it, she’s blind. Her hearing is better than a vampire’s though, and she doesn’t let her blindness effect her.” he said.
“You should have told us beforehand, Aro.” Carlisle said.
“Don’t worry she’ll be fine. Just don’t bring up her life before the foster home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
bit of a filler, and she's 14 in this one
thanks for the comments and subscribers!