Status: On Hiatus

Adopted by the Volturi, & I'm Blind

Seven

Edward’s P.O.V.
“They’re here!” I said out loud so Emmett and Rosalie could get out of there bedroom. Since Emmett won the bet on who would win the baseball game, he wanted to ‘celebrate’ with Rosalie. Sometimes I wish I did not have the gift, more like curse, of reading minds. Where is Bella when you need her? I could have her put up a shield around Emmett and Rosalie so I won’t have to hear their thoughts when they area being intimate.
“I can’t wait to meet Emi! I’m going to love dressing her up! She’s so pretty!” Alice was bouncing in her seat on the couch, while Jasper tried in vain to calm her down.
“Alice calm down, you’ll freak her out.” I told her.
“Nope! She’s probably more energetic than I am during a shopping spree! I’ve seen it!” she retorted.
“Did you drink from a deer with rabies or something?” Emmett said. Ha, rabies.
“We’re home!” Esme called as Carlisle opened the front door.
“DOMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” a girl’s voice with a slight Japanese accent called out as well. I think ‘domo’ means hi or thank you, or both. I have to brush up on my Japanese just in case. I don’t want her talking about us when we don’t know what it means. I shouldn’t have learned Russian since it has never come in handy.
“This is the living room. There’s Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie, and Edward. Bella and Renesme will be here soon.” Esme told the girl. She looked young but Carlisle’s thoughts told me that she was 14. About the same age that Nessie looks like.
Speaking of Nessie, hopefully she doesn’t bring the mu-, Jacob here. He’ll probably think she’s a vampire because her skin is very pale. Paler than mine and everyone’s else. That, and she smells sweet. Not like how Jacob describes us, but more like berries. Not that bad.
“Domo, I’m Maemi. And no, I am not Chinese.” she said. Ha, Emmett was about to ask her about that.“So, what are you?” Emmett asked.
“Japanese, and Hispanic.” She answered him.
“Cool! Here, follow me and I’ll lead you to the guest room.” Alice said and took her suitcase from Maemi. Only one suitcase? That has to change!
Guess she is energetic today. . . Yay! Her heartbeat sounds like a hummingbird’s. It matches her in a way I guess. I can feel someone looking at me, whoever it is they have a steady heartbeat, kinda slow. But not too slow. Oh well, think about this later. Her thoughts were interesting, and shocking. A heartbeat from Alice, strange.
Maemi followed Alice, and they both skipped up the stairs. More or less. She surprisingly kept up with Alice even though she wasn’t moving as slow as a human at the moment.

Maemi’s P.O.V.
Everyone seemed nice so far, and Alice reminded me of a hummingbird. She was only a couple of inches taller, but then again I was short. I had unpacked my things all the while Alice told me we needed to go shopping for more clothes with Rosalie and Esme.
“Seriously, Emi. I need to take you shopping with me. We’ll have so much fun!” she cheered.
“Okay! The girls back home always took me shopping. I really don’t care what I wear as long as it’s comfortable.” I told her.
“Perfect!” Alice said.
“Bella will be here in a couple of minutes, Edward. Nessie will be here with Jacob as well.” Alice grumbled the last part.
“Let me guess, you don’t like Jacob?” I said to her.
“I do, it’s just that I have the ability to see the future. Since Jacob is a shape-shifter, I can’t see the future at all when he’s involved. So it frustrates me at times.” I could practically hear her pouting, it was funny. She probably saw me coming.
“So do any of you guys have any powers of your own? Ha, powers.” I laughed at myself. It made it sound as if they were superheroes or something. That would be awesome if one of them could fly!
“I have the ability to read minds.” Edward.
“I can manipulate emotions.” Who I’m guessing was Jasper?
“Yes, that’s Jasper.” Edward said.
Freaky.
“Bella can create a mental shield and Nessie can project images by touch.” Edward finished.
“Cool! But Edward, no reading my mind.” I said.
I’m joking! But still don’t read my mind. I thought to Edward. He chuckled.
“We’re back.” A woman’s voice called out from the front door. Along with a giggling that sounded like someone my age, and a guy’s chuckling. I could tell he was very tall because I heard it from slightly above.
So I guess the new people are Bella, Nessie or Renesmee, and Jacob?
“Yes.” Edward said. Now I’m starting to get used to it.
They came into the living room and an awkward silence began, which I probably caused.
“Hi!” I said cheerfully.
“I’m Maemi!”
Yeah, didn’t really help the awkwardness.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it's so late!
I'll update my other twilight fan-fic story in a bit, that's called Other.
Please read and enjoy. Also subscribe and comment please!