I'm a Fake

Where's mom?

When I got home I went straight to my room and threw my book bag on the floor next to my bed. I sat at my desk and stared out the window, which gave me a nice view of the street. I was only sitting there a few minutes when I saw him. I smiled remembering how I had just punched him a little while ago. Frank Iero. I hated everything about him. How he tried to be nice to me when I obviously wanted to be left alone, his name, how he talked, how he walked. Everything. I hate everything about Frank Iero. I especially hate the fact that he lives directly across the street from me. I watched him go into his house and then I got up and went over to my bed and lay down.

I loved this part of the day. I could be by myself for a few hours before my mom came home. When my mom came home she would cook dinner for us before she got drunk. At least she cared enough to feed me. Once she was drunk I usually had to take care of her. Help her to her room or something. That’s why I liked to be alone. I was completely happy with no friends. No one to take care of but myself..and my mom too. But that was fine, I could live with that.

I must have dozed off because when I woke up it was dark. I sat up in my bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I looked at my clock and saw that it was about 6:30. I knew my mom was home by now. Dinner would probably be done by now. I got up and left my room. That’s when I started to get worried. There weren’t any lights on in the house. I went into the living room and turned on the light. I knew sometimes my mom would fall asleep on the couch, but no one was there. I went to her bedroom and quietly opened the door. I looked at the bed and saw that it was empty. I checked the rest of the house and found that my mom wasn’t home. Where was she? She always got home at 6.

I hated to have to do what I was going to do next, but my mom was friends with Frank’s mom. They would sometimes go out drinking together. I left my house and went over to Frank’s. I knocked on the front door and waited. I hoped Frank wouldn’t be the one to answer the door. I really didn’t feel like dealing with him. Finally the door opened and to my relief it was his mom.

“Hi Vanessa,” Mrs. Iero said. “What brings you over here?”

“Hi,” I said. “I was wondering if you had heard anything from my mom. She hasn’t come home yet.”

Mrs. Iero frowned and glanced at my house.

“No,” she said. “I haven’t heard anything.”

“Oh, ok.” I said. I started to turn to head back home. “Thanks anyways.”

“Vanessa,” Mrs. Iero said. I stopped and looked back at her.

“What?” I said.

“Do you want to stay over here until we hear from your mom?” she asked.

“No thanks,” I said. “I’ll be fine.”

“Ok then,” Mrs. Iero said. “But come right over if you need anything.”

I just nodded and headed over to my house to wait for my mom to come home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, I chose the main male character. And yes it's another Frank Iero story ; ) Feedback?
~Sally